Sign in to follow this  
Fargrist

Newbie here. Awaiting game registration, over an hour.

Hi Wurmies,

I downloaded the game last night and sent a registration in, over an hour ago, with no reply.  So at this stage I cannot play.

Registering for these forums was easy, and I got the registration reply for the forums almost instantly.  But not the game.

I read that if the game registration email did not reply in an hour, then to contact a GM.  But there was no description of how to contact a GM.

Hence my registration on these forums, so I could ask for assistance.

Thanks,

Fargrist

4 minutes ago, Fargrist said:

Hi Wurmies,

I downloaded the game last night and sent a registration in, over an hour ago, with no reply.  So at this stage I cannot play.

Registering for these forums was easy, and I got the registration reply for the forums almost instantly.  But not the game.

I read that if the game registration email did not reply in an hour, then to contact a GM.  But there was no description of how to contact a GM.

Hence my registration on these forums, so I could ask for assistance.

Thanks,

Fargrist

@Enki

• Like 1

I guess you checked your spam folder on your email? I know that sometimes things can get lost in there and people forget to check if so then there is a list of the GMs in the Game Hall section here on the forums. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kegan said:

I guess you checked your spam folder on your email? I know that sometimes things can get lost in there and people forget to check if so then there is a list of the GMs in the Game Hall section here on the forums. 

Thanks, no spam at all.

there have been problems with certain email hosts in the past.  If you used a google email, try a different one, like hotmail or yahoo, etc, if you have multiple email accounts.

• Like 1

Thanks Wurmhole, I only have gmail accounts, they work for the forums so should work for the game.  Even if I did start another email account, I won't, but if I did, then the account name would still be locked for two days and I would have to choose another player account name?

Had some issues replying to this forum post because I was getting a message saying this forum account wasn't associated with any account.  But now this forum account is working again, perhaps the registration process is progressing?

My guess is that this issue stops new players and probably needs streamlining.

Thanks all.

I've not known gmail to have many issues with this lately. If you PM a GM on the forums (I would usually offer, but my internet is dreadful come evenings so I'm not likely to be able to load a page again soon, let alone be much help until tomorrow morning), or log in to the wurm IRC channel to contact a GM there [GM's are identified in the system and if anyone asks you for any passwords, they're not a GM ;) ]. You can also send an e-mail to gamemods@wurmonline.com. Let us know the username you tried to create and the e-mail address you're using. If going through IRC or e-mail then include your forum account info too :)

• Like 1

Thanks Hordern,

I've sent an email to that address.  I don't do IRC so I'll give that a miss.

Thanks again,

Fargrist

just as a sidenote: a browser based IRC window opens from the tab "IRC Chat" on top of this page - you don't need to register a nick or download any software. I don't IRC myself except occassionally popping onto Wurm IRC up there.

• Like 1

Thanks Jaz, very helpful info.

Still no registration, still no reply to my email.  Tried another name with another gmail account but that didn't generate a response either.

Fargrist, I have sent you a forum PM.

• Like 1

*waves to Hord and Idony

I hope you get it all sorted. You will love the game.

Edited by Lolabelle
add
  • Like 1

Thank you Idony. 

I tried two different names and emails (using Mailinator as suggested), still no reply email to the registration attempts.

Thanks everyone!

When you do get started and decide you need a village to join, give me a shout! :)

• Like 1

I made new alt 1min ago with disposable e-mail service. aka after an hour that email adress is gone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ulost said:

I made new alt 1min ago with disposable e-mail service. aka after an hour that email adress is gone.

Some advice to anyone who does this - once in-game, change the associated e-mail address in-game to one you can use in the future because otherwise any attempts to recover the account should it be illegally 'acquired' in the future will be significantly more difficult if the registered e-mail address no longer exists or is not accessible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ulost said:

33 minutes ago, Hordern said:

Some advice to anyone who does this - once in-game, change the associated e-mail address in-game to one you can use in the future because otherwise any attempts to recover the account should it be illegally 'acquired' in the future will be significantly more difficult if the registered e-mail address no longer exists or is not accessible.

Mailinator should not be used to setup an email account for Wurm registration. Although "after a few hours" the original response sent back to Mailinator is deleted so that not everyone who logs onto that Mailinator email account will be able to read it, later on anyone can also use that same email address to contact Wurm concerning the account it was originally used to create and then request their "lost password" so that they can access another's Wurm character.

Point being made here about Mailinator is that any email address can be made up repeatedly by anyone after the original response had been received and that response deleted "after a few hours". Anyone best go to their website to read and understand exactly how their open to the public readable email service functions. Yes, it is a good service to use for junk email registrations that you don't want to use again in the future but very bad to use for online gaming account registrations where characters will be permanently attached to it.

The suggestion that Hordern made to change to another email address after creating your account with Mailinator is a good one but if doing that why even use it in the first place. Don't, instead just setup an email account with some other free email service provider that functions privately as almost all normally do.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Fargrist can keep his disposable mail active by sending e-mails from his gmail account to this "one use wonder mail" while downloading wurm. When he is ingame, he just change his email adress to his gmail and deletes all mails that he received to his disposable mail. Problem solved and NO security risks!

BLAOW 1-0

• Like 1

Good news.

GM Idunn has fixed the problems, even though the cause remains unknown.

For now I have to play as Fargristi and will change the name in a couple of days.

I'm somewhere near Glasshollow at the moment, learning the commands mainly.

The really good news is that I've only died twice; a fall and a wolf.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Fargrist said:

Good news.

GM Idunn has fixed the problems, even though the cause remains unknown.

For now I have to play as Fargristi and will change the name in a couple of days.

I'm somewhere near Glasshollow at the moment, learning the commands mainly.

The really good news is that I've only died twice; a fall and a wolf.

Thanks everyone.

Bummer.  No where near my deed. haha

Glad to hear it was sorted. I didnt see this post till now but as i was reading i was going to offer assistance helping you create an account .