Sign in to follow this  
Hatake

Custom Map Not Working in Online Mode?

The map I made with map generator crashes when I click start online. The crash is that it just closes the program quickly; not a "not responding" etc.

It connects to stream in offline mode though? I want to play a server with my close friends.

I also have a few small questions.

1. The map seems to work in game, but it is in winter. Can I change it to summer? 

2. I spawn in my bay. Can I change that? Last time I tried I spawned in ocean haha. I am horrid with numbers.

3. The game said I was in West Lake Area when it dropped me in the bay. As soon as I left the bay it said I left the area. What is this area? Lol.

4. Also do the altars generate automatically on my server? I see them but I didn't put them down haha.

the server is based off a copy of the creative map type.

Edited by Hatake
Adding details

1. yes u can http://www.rheyansgaming.com/how-to-set-your-wurm-unlimited-server-to-summer-time/

2. yes more db edits, if you clear out the focus zones like in the tutorial above it will get rid of the soulfall stones and spawn areas, then you can plant a deed somewhere to be the start with your GM toon

3. the areas are generated automatical from the db copy, once you clean up a copy of creative then when you copy that it will always be fixed

4. they auto generate

5. for crashing problems, check the logs of your map, insta crashes usually its the IP set incorrectly, are you running the dedicated from your computer? does map load in single player?  are you using the dedicated server or the one where you push "manage server" are you online?

4. Altars are spawned if you have "End game content" option enabled AND neither altar already exists.

You guys saved me! I'm now creating everything.

HOWEVER.

Pleaaaaaaaaaase if anyone can help, my wolves are not the right models!

They are WORGS!

I have not messed with models or anything of that sort so not sure why it took the worg model.

But its terrifying!

Can someone help? Thank you!

On 5/24/2016 at 5:07 AM, Hatake said:

You guys saved me! I'm now creating everything.

HOWEVER.

Pleaaaaaaaaaase if anyone can help, my wolves are not the right models!

They are WORGS!

I have not messed with models or anything of that sort so not sure why it took the worg model.

But its terrifying!

Can someone help? Thank you!

I have the same issue. Can't figure out which mod it is.

The wolf/worg issue is not a mod, its a left over april fools that the Devs forgot about.

Edited by bigsteve

having an issue with second map on new cluster

Error I get

[03:10:59 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.LoginServerWebConnection: Failed to send command RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
        java.rmi.AccessException: Access denied.

Any help greatly appreciated

Make sure RMI is enabled in wurm.ini and the passwords match between servers

On 5/25/2016 at 5:03 PM, bigsteve said:

The wolf/worg issue is not a mod, its a left over april fools that the Devs forgot about.

Thank you for telling me this. Why am I not surprised.