Sign in to follow this  
Trake

GM Wand > Affinities ... failing to stick

Has anyone had success or issues when applying GM Ebony wand Affinities via skills menu?

It would seem any affinities given are gone after the player logs.. 

Nevermind, confirmed by Keenan. Thanks all.

6be19ad350.png

are you updating the skill to something different aswell?

I've tried various methods. The most successful was to apply 1.0 skill first (as a prep?idk) and then add 1.0 + the affinity wanted. The player would always see the affinity added in skills and skills event tab. It was immediately dropped after logon.

If you simply try to increase an affinity and type in the current exact level of the skill, they don't always see it in the event window.

I posted a method here. This method requires that you shut down the server and make direct changes to the database. I also don't have all of the skills listed, as I didn't find any of the Characteristic Skill Numbers. I'll spend some time this weekend updating the list with them.

I can look into this next week if needed. Seems that the method the wand calls is not saving to database properly so might be very easy to fix.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

I can look into this next week if needed. Seems that the method the wand calls is not saving to database properly so might be very easy to fix.

Please do :)

• Like 1

nothing yet I will keep you updated.

• Like 1

Was this ever solved?  THinking of giving max WS affinity to help with the grind.  I don't want to up the skill gain globally and make everything else level too fast.

On 4.6.2016 at 6:23 PM, Sklo:D said:

nothing yet I will keep you updated.

and now? ggg

On 24.5.2016 at 0:54 AM, Trake said:

Nevermind, confirmed by Keenan. Thanks all.

6be19ad350.png

Would be interessting when Keenan will fix this ;)

Yeah I could fix that months ago. It is a problem due to dirty coding. There are a ton of methods doing the same when it comes to affinities, so I just took the bugged addaffinity() method out and replaced it with one of the working ones which also saved it to the database automatically. For WU devs this fix would be exactly one line of code. Hilarious work load.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

I'm currently looking at different kinds of incentives/awards for certain accomplishments, or the rare/supreme/fantastic shards, etc that are always being created.  I'd love to be able to wave my wand and have those affinities stick after log out.

and BUMP.