Sign in to follow this  
Xyp

Having some fun with SQL Today

So I am in theory craft, gathering notes, getting code bits together phase of some web stat tools. Worked up a fun little SQL query some of you might like to hit your players database with.

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM(SELECT DISTINCT MINPID FROM(SELECT IPADDRESS, MIN(PLAYERID) AS MINPID FROM PLAYERHISTORYIPS WHERE LASTUSED > 1461372905000 GROUP BY IPADDRESS));

If you are like me you are going to think the count is high. However I went through the output very carefully and there are absolutely no duplicate entries on the ip side or the playerid side, this means it is 100% unique IPs that also were not used by alts. The time is set to 1 month ago as of this post (meaning it gets unique player logins, with a last logout time within the last month). Going to have that be a php variable on the toolset.

Fun with stats! I will put out an alpha when you can actually see something, right now its just a buncha bits of code scattered on my messy desktop.

Edited by Xyp

Inspired by what BDEW is doing, going to use my actual skills as a web dev, and maybe fanboi up some of Bdew's RMI tools that is being worked on to add into the admin side of the toolkit.

• Like 2