Sign in to follow this  
kochinac

Allow new religion followers to make one random god collosus including Libila

As a Nahjo follower i can't make any god colosus. Maybe when new player god is introduced like spells are randomly picked also a colosus type of one of the four existing should be allowed for followers of the new god so we finaly have the chance to make best colosus ingame(libila) on freedom :D or remove silly restriction that only followers can continue god colosus

would you care to explain why you think it's bad idea?

libila collossus are currently banned on freedom and ain't allowed, and if you want to build a collossus you should be of that deity till they release more kinds of collossus or remove all new gods ;)

+1. Nahjo uses Mag statuette so should be able to construct a Mag colossus too. I'd say let us build all of them regardless of anything, but there was another thread for that.

The thing about new gods or should they be removed is not in debate here, no mater everyone thinks about them, they are here, and unless collossus model and statuette are introduced for every new god, there is no reason that they can't build collossuss of other deity since they are using statuette of other deity. Also i think that only followers should be able to create collossus of certain god, but once created anyone should be able continue and finish it.

There's this trend of trying to merge all religions to make them as homogeneous as possible. Give everyone crop saccables, give everyone access to every god, give everyone every colossus, give everyone archery, give everyone locate soul and strongwall and opulence and lockpicking and catapulting and woodcutting and digging and mining and whatever other minor convenience opposing gods may have that your god doesn't. People's decisions should have some weight to them, yet we're constantly trying to erode those decisions until they become meaningless reskins of one another. The ability to make those meaningful, distinct choices is part Wurm's appeal, in my opinion. Destroying individuality for the sake of adding a few more grains to the sandbox doesn't sit well with me and I doubt it ever will.

But with that said, I'm not necessarily opposed to player gods getting their own colossi or statuettes, though I'm not sure how the art team would feel about having their workload dictated by RNG. One workaround might be to allow player gods to submit their own colossus models similar to how PMKs get their own banners and wagons. But for now, I would just consider the lack of a colossus to be the penalty you pay for using a "non-traditional" (read: overpowered) spellset.

36 minutes ago, Fawkes said:

But for now, I would just consider the lack of a colossus to be the penalty you pay for using a "non-traditional" (read: overpowered) spellset.

Pfff, what's the point in penalty that can easily be overriden. I just switch to religion i want, make colossus and go back with my crafter, only issue is Libila. It's not like we are talking about game changing things that gives advantage/disadvantage, like double favour sac, spell list, etc. This is purerly cosmetical thing, that can be overriden in any way which is stupid considering that many more important thing that maybe shouldn't, can be. I don't really understand hatrege towards me having collossus that i want on my freedom deed and how is that hurting anyone that he must object so strong...

4 hours ago, Fawkes said:

There's this trend of trying to merge all religions to make them as homogeneous as possible. Give everyone crop saccables, give everyone access to every god, give everyone every colossus, give everyone archery, give everyone locate soul and strongwall and opulence and lockpicking and catapulting and woodcutting and digging and mining and whatever other minor convenience opposing gods may have that your god doesn't. People's decisions should have some weight to them, yet we're constantly trying to erode those decisions until they become meaningless reskins of one another. The ability to make those meaningful, distinct choices is part Wurm's appeal, in my opinion. Destroying individuality for the sake of adding a few more grains to the sandbox doesn't sit well with me and I doubt it ever will.

But with that said, I'm not necessarily opposed to player gods getting their own colossi or statuettes, though I'm not sure how the art team would feel about having their workload dictated by RNG. One workaround might be to allow player gods to submit their own colossus models similar to how PMKs get their own banners and wagons. But for now, I would just consider the lack of a colossus to be the penalty you pay for using a "non-traditional" (read: overpowered) spellset.

Priests don't build Colossi, followers do, and they ain't got no spellsets. Your argument is invalid.

4 hours ago, kochinac said:

I just switch to religion i want, make colossus and go back with my crafter, only issue is Libila.

Edited by zigozag

Libila shouldnt be on freedom, only on affliction, elevation and chaos.

1 hour ago, zigozag said:

Priests don't build Colossi, followers do, and they ain't got no spellsets. Your argument is invalid.

I like nitpicking as much as the next guy, but followers are even worse off than priests, in that they have basically no unique benefits to help distinguish themselves from other religions' followers, and this would take away even more of that uniqueness. Sure, there are workarounds, but there'll always be workarounds -- worst case scenario, you hire someone else to build the statue for you. Doesn't mean we should actively throw all restrictions and benefits to the wind.

And since this is just a thinly-veiled "bring Libila to Freedom" thread, let's just cut to the chase: Libila has been excluded from PvE servers for over a decade. More recently, when it was popular to give/sell unfinished HotS guard towers to Freedom, Rolf responded by restricting mailing of unfinished items. He has changed his mind on a lot of things in those ten years, but Libila on PvE was not one of them. There's a certain aesthetic that he seems to be going for with the PvP servers, and it's distinct from his vision of what PvE servers should look like. I happen to agree with both of those aesthetic choices, and I'm in favor of improving the lore we do have rather than throwing it all to the wayside "because sandbox", especially now that WU gives that segment of the population all of the creative freedom they could want anyway.

4 hours ago, Fawkes said:

And since this is just a thinly-veiled "bring Libila to Freedom" thread, let's just cut to the chase: Libila has been excluded from PvE servers for over a decade.

This is not thread about bringing Libila to Freedom, and i don't want Libila in freedom. I simply want to be able to build Lib Collossus like i'm able to build hots tower, suggested 2 possible mechanics for that, nothing more. Eseentialy there is no difference between those 2 scenarios. You're a tiresome fella to argue with, cuz you're to blinded with lets keep unique epic stuff for ourself aditude and you think something is taken away from you. Yeah right, people are going to start playing on Epic and not on Freedom just because they can make Lib collossuss there. People who play this game play on freedom more just because that playstyle suits them more, pvp people are minority, this is not primarly pvp game, and no aestetic or other benefits will force people to play pvp full time, accept it.

The day new gods are properly balanced in with the old ones is the day I +1 this, till then -1 as it gives players a reason to stick with the older (less efficient) gods.

3 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

The day new gods are properly balanced in with the old ones is the day I +1 this, till then -1 as it gives players a reason to stick with the older (less efficient) gods.

You do realize that it doesnt give them reason to stick with them?

1 hour ago, kochinac said:

You do realize that it doesnt give them reason to stick with them?

Might be a small reason but even small reasons carry weight.

-1 the "player Gods" dont need any more perks than they already have... quit crying and follow a real god!

just make the colossus the actual player the deity is named after with like wings or some ###### idk i'm sure a 5 minute talk between the account owner and a dev could work it out

8 hours ago, Cornchips said:

just make the colossus the actual player the deity is named after with like wings or some ###### idk i'm sure a 5 minute talk between the account owner and a dev could work it out

Or a chunk of corn bread

having built 3 colossi... do you have any ###### idea how long they take? me and several other people spent days and days and a few thousand bricks and clay to build them... honestly it wouldnt be worth the effort and resources

Edited by XxXForgottenXxX
Spelling