Sign in to follow this  
Nicrolis

Community Map Poll! Add all deeds?

Should any one be able to request deeds to be added, even when they are not the Mayor/Owner of the deed?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Allow any one to request deeds added to map.

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes. If the deed owner wants it private, they can request it to be removed(or request ahead of time it not be added) with proof of ownership.

3 hours ago, Ellenmarie said:

Are alts allowed to vote?

Of course not! No cheating, please!

I voted yes with owner option to remove, but I like Odynn's idea of leaving a marker to note that a deed exists in an area with the name removed. That will help everyone in locating where they are on the map, as well as deedable areas.

• Like 1

On 23/05/2016 at 11:40 PM, Mith said:

For instance, I have found Odynns house 2 times while looking for it, and 6 while randomly bumping into it wondering how I got there. There are no spots on deli that no one knows about, so I can not think of one good reason to try to be secret.

On 24/05/2016 at 2:29 PM, Tpikol said:

if someone really wants to find you they will map or no map

And don't forget that there are personal maps around with all your deeds on it, yah, they are not public, but whoever want to loot your place or grief you at a later date probably already know where you live.

Only thing that happens is peeps getting lost and finding your deed... or falling into it... or trying to figure where the heck they are. Which in the end helps no one.

Edited by Odynn
Maps for all!
  • Like 2

You know I get around the server so I can pitch in finding deeds to add to this map if you want help.

• Like 1

It is now the 28th, a week after I posted this poll.

We have 43 people in favor of allowing it, and 10 against.

Of the 43, 22 wanted any one to add and not have them removed by the owner. Because it is a near 50/50 split im going to allow Mayors of the deeds to tell me which deed they want removed and which they dont want added. I WILL keep a list of these deeds to make sure they do not get added/re-added.

I will be holding off on these updates(please still submit them in the thread!) Till the 2nd of june. That is my closest day off and I will work on them that day.

Edited by Nicrolis
  • Like 1

As the number of votes was near 50/50 I would suggest a compromise. Adopt Odynn's idea: Remove the name, but leave the symbol. So players would know that a settlement is there - just the name would not be shown.

(I'm still not happy with people removing their deed names from the map, but it's definitely better than the current situation :) )

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Yaga said:

Adopt Odynn's idea: Remove the name, but leave the symbol. So players would know that a settlement is there - just the name would not be shown.

With the latest map dump - and a <name hidden> dot on the map, or however you want to call (or not) the unamed one, you will quickly have a proper map and players won't try to have the deed added again if they already see it as a stealth one on it.

• Like 3