Sign in to follow this  
Xyp

WU Mod Site

Someone had mentioned at one point, may have been someone in game to me, that they had a domain and everything and were going to do a site for WU mods. This would be a great thing to list and organize mods as eventually the forums would get too packed and hard to navigate. Has this idea been thrown away, if so I could come up with something.

• Like 1

Would love to see this and would be happy to contribute and help if needed :)

Why not make a free Weebly website.  Nexus mods is way too cluttered.  We need one place just for all of our stuff.

• Like 1

Depends what Xyp has in mind I guess if he wants to do this. He might already have his own webspace or if not I'm sure it would be hard to get piggyback hosting.

If you guys do need webspace for a forums I can put you on my webspace I use for Valoria, but you'd have to get a new domain name to point to it. Could give you a ftp and install a forums for a wu mod site. But yeah, only if you have not already got plans.

Nah it would not be a forums, we have forums here. Just an organized list site, I am debating on where to make it so modders manage their own mods there or just do like weekly updates myself. I am thinking if modders do their own updates it won't get done because really they are already doing enough updating their mods, working on their servers, and updating the forums here (the forums here should NOT be abandoned).

Web space is not an issue. I don't want to do a free weebly site because free sites = ads, ads = looks like you are doing it for the wrong reasons, even if it is not your ads.

use WP with a good downloadmod, i found some good stuff weeks ago

This is actually something I started working on with @urban, made a start and kind of dropped it when I stopped playing as much wurm and stopped modding. If no one else is working on this I could potentially continue but it would probably be more beneficial if someone in the community who is still active made the site, http://wurmmods.com/ is what I have so far as a starting point. P.S. Pretty sure none of the functionality works so clicking links/signing in does pretty much nothing.

Edited by Webba
  • Like 1