Sign in to follow this  
bigsteve

Settings Window not Opening

Just tried it and mine opens just fine. However, it does not overlay the game window like it used to. It will open behind it. I just have to click it in my start bar.

Edit: Just saw this was in the WU bug section :P

Edited by Zachariah
Because I'm blind

yeah for wu it opens outside of game for me too

Its always opened out of game, since 1.0.0.6 the windows is not appearing, i do have a lot of mods though, may be one of them is causing it.

3 of my players say the same thing, no settings window.

I knew my moding of my files wasn't the cause of the gui not opening so I redownloaded a fresh server and client still same thing with 0 moding. This patch introduce several new bugs 1 settings gui no longer opening then a outdated mapping text from April fools and if that wasn't bad enough a creature.class file which had been compiled in a different version of java which would compile on that programmers machine but if thrown in with the other compiled class files you get errors and issues in game. I didn't wait to see how many more errors came up with guards so I fixed my creature file up to date with api 1.8_91/1.8_92. This file will cause guards to ignore the rules you set example allowing digging on your deed or clay/tar etc... and if someone tried to dig them the guard would warn them as if you had it set to not allowed I had several people become KOS digging in my starting area so had to remove there version of the creature file.

It's not the mods. I'm having this issue too.

Maybe the bug appears for some players because of a setting such as windowed mode or aspect ratio.

Anyway I need to change some settings right now so... does someone know how to toggle work sounds using console commands?

Edited by Skrofler

For me the window appears but under the game window, not above it. Same thing in WO by the way, so definitely not mods. Check your taskbars :P

Like Bigsteve said, the window used to appear under the client window. Now it just doesn't.

I might boot up WO to see if it has the same bug, but not tonight.

Same problem, no settings window, tried to completely remove and resintall.. nothing changed.

no settings window . i tried to open windows from launcher and from in-game no difference.

Just had this problem but for me Settings window is opening when clicking gear icon in launcher but not clicking on Settings in game menu.