Sign in to follow this  
Ondar

Sold silver through paypal to Niru, now he disputes it

Nothing you can find about a person on the internet on social-media is actually private, anyway, it can be not really kind, but, well, even having hundreds/thousands of € charged back on paypal really isn't.

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1

absolutely must be out in the open. As well as the opinion / defense / etc of the other side.

Niru is on my friendlist as well, had only silver trades with him, he is obviously a nice guy, sometimes too nice which can ring subconscious bells.

• Like 1

Holly crap. I have been following this thread and just astounded at how much the Wurm community has come together to deal with this pig. Hope PayPal sees the light and will ban him. Sorry to everyone who was effected but I hope everything works out well. 

• Like 1

I agree with people saying this should be open as possible, Niru was super nice to me probably the nicest possible - I thought I found a  good friend he even let me use his priest accounts. Hopefully he got hacked or somthing but chargebacks like this are way to hard to forgive if he did it on purpose (which seriously looks like that).

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

must raise more money for the book!

Makes me wonder if anyone got the book or whatever that was about maybe that has something to do with it all too..idk

I think Bibbidy has solved the mystery.  I suspect this is going in favor of everyone in Wurm and Paypal will require "Dad" to take the issue up with his son.  I feel bad for all involved.

Everyone is out for blood.... I can understand getting mad, but you need to hold the pitchforks until its actually found out what happened.

Sorry to hear about all the people here who have fallen victim to this situation. For me, I received silvers for in game work from the Niru acct. starting April 2nd this year. Have the logs of our conversations if needed.

April 2nd

- Sold 5 x 93ql Large Mauls for 2s each = 10s

April 25th

- Imp'd 4 x rare frying pans to 97ql for 5s each = 20s

That is the extent of our contact. I hope you all win the disputes, good luck.

2 minutes ago, Polojordan said:

Everyone is out for blood.... I can understand getting mad, but you need to hold the pitchforks until its actually found out what happened.

Well, the best case scenario is still the "dad" one, any other is worse, paypal doesn't open disputes by itself

13 minutes ago, Polojordan said:

Here's what happened... 1000s of dollars are missing from paypal accounts. All from the same person. Disputes don't open themselves on their own, the owner of the paypal account did this. Either:

Niru has hacked someones paypal account, making purchases

Niru is using his daddies paypal account, and daddy is disputing it all

Nira is using is own paypal account, and decides he wants his money back

Tell me what other possible scenarios there are, because disputes don't just magically happen. It's not a mispayment or a bounced check, it's a dispute saying the service he paid for was not provided.

Even if his paypal was hacked, they wouldn't open disputes, they would spend the money on the linked card instead.

EDIT: also, the image provided as a profile picture is appearing under a dozen different names with a reverse image search.. Coincidence?

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 2

Normally I would reiterate that all of these sales and buys are conducted at your risk, so do your best to make sure you are dealing with someone who will honor their end of any deal.  By the time you need us Game Masters the damage is often done.

We are following this case closely and at this time we do not know officially what has happened to this person, so some of you may be making some pretty harsh assumptions.  At this time we can see that the person has received many items already mentioned to us and was was making use of them.

I better not divulge any more than that at this time but we will keep working on this.

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, Enki said:

Normally I would reiterate that all of these sales and buys are conducted at your risk, so do your best to make sure you are dealing with someone who will honor their end of any deal.  By the time you need us Game Masters the damage is often done.

We are following this case closely and at this time we do not know officially what has happened to this person, so some of you may be making some pretty harsh assumptions.  At this time we can see that the person has received many items already mentioned to us and was was making use of them.

I better not divulge any more than that at this time but we will keep working on this.

Handled professionally.   Good on ya.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Enki said:

Can you re-phrase this statement so we can submit it to paypal?

"This person has, in fact, received the items/currency they are claiming a dispute for. We have confirmed this in the game yada yada" Something along these lines would go a long way with paypal.

1 hour ago, Polojordan said:

I have talked to Niru on TS, yes his real name is Neal and he's a nice guy... i'm sure this is a misunderstanding of some sort. Stalking someones personal life and posting pictures/videos everything about him on the forums is not right at all. I'm sorry there's an issue with paypal and your balance is in the negative now, but these issues should be dealt with privately. The chat moderators should have closed this long ago.

Where's his explanation then? If someone had hacked my account and pulled this grand theft, you can be sure I'd be on here trying to help.

Just now, LorraineJ said:

Where's his explanation then? If someone had hacked my account and pulled this grand theft, you can be sure I'd be on here trying to help.

I believe Polo is referring to speaking with Niru on TeamSpeak in the past, not recently while this dispute is occurring. Just to clear that up.

• Like 1

my dispute is gone :) 

looks like we won

We have completed our investigation of the transaction below and were
unable to find evidence of unauthorized access to the buyer’s account. This
case was denied to the buyer and no funds were recovered from your account.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 4

I found the best way to deal with issues that may rise like this one is to first go to your bank and make sure nothing happens there then explain to paypal the situation they are very reasonable with these things, but be patient it wont resolve over night. 

i think once they close it they can not come back on it again so we are good now :) 

Edited by Kegan

My issue is solved too. Thanks paypal and Enki and everyone who put their time and effort in this issue. 

• Like 1

pretty much a sleazy thing to do to dispute legitimate transactions as this guy has done

• Like 1

well i need to log on to remove him from my friends list