Sign in to follow this  
Ondar

Sold silver through paypal to Niru, now he disputes it

Can you people hit by this guy somehow find out what CC company he uses and contact them directly?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

Can you people hit by this guy somehow find out what CC company he uses and contact them directly?

Paypal said they will reveal the information to an attourney so who ever is in with a larger amount and their insurance covers it, please do it.

I'll be glad to make my statement if neccessary, and also write to the CC company directly once we find out.

Maybe the case is even large enough that Rolf can get active ?

I mean, this will definately impact business on Wurm if such stuff can happen...

I am charged a fee of 10 Euro on top of credit card charge back fee and the 25 US$ as well now.

Really upsetting that the side in this scenario that clearly did everything correctly must on top pay the bill for the mess,

instead of the person who caused it.

There really should be laws against charge backs from merchants if it is clear that the merchant did their part.

• Like 1

Had a look through their user agreement..

11.10 What are examples of items/transactions/cases that are not eligible for PayPal seller protection?

a. Intangible items, licences for digital goods, and services

So even Rolf is screwed with this one. PayPal would normally reimburse us having already ruled in our favor (the second case is out of their hands) but our goods are intangible... :/ 

4 hours ago, Redd said:

Yea not only have we been scammed and lost items, but PayPal kick you in the nuts whilst you're down with a "chargeback fee".

I explained that to the claims department and they agreed that it is unfair. PayPal ruled in our favour, essentially meaning they agree it's a scam and so should take the "chargeback fee" in good faith.

Now we just need to wait the Cc company's verdict...

Seems its not common:

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding the chargeback case ID PP-004-861-307-435.

I reviewed the correspondence with my colleague and I am afraid I am not going to refund you with the fees for the chargeback case.

Since PayPal had to dispute this case with the card issuer, additional costs have been involved because of this kind of procedure. Therefore we have to issue fees to our customers, so that we can dispute such cases on their behalf against institutions like banks and card issuers.

I appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

12 hours ago, Cecci said:

What deed was that?

Waterdeep on pristine

2 hours ago, Hashirama said:

Waterdeep on pristine

that was a nice deed if i remember correctly.   this is killing me, that paypal isn't dealing with this as a class action issue,   playersauctions.com.  wonder if they would have better luck with paypal agaist this type of guy.  not advertising for them.   but the stolen $800ish account from  FFXI i bought, 3 months later stolen back.  they got me my money back.  credit for the website, sure. but better then 0$ and no account

• Like 1

I just asked around on pristine and searched on niarja, there are a few deeds named "waterdeep" on other servers but not a single one on pristine.

It's horrible if the deed has disbanded... and that guy never paid for it either. Would suffer 3 trader loss+deeding cost+ utmost vein cave with all veins (transmutation rods 200ish bucks to make itself) and a lot of stuff in the deed.

Really fcked up if I do not get the deed/area/ in tact. Fcking niru!

If it's not disbanded I hope Enki can take care of it till the stuff gets sorted out and previous owners get their items back.

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 1

I don't see any tweets on the Pristine Server for a Waterdeep deed recently, you should just man up and make a free account to check it out

Somehow I really wanna get twitter and tweet something about this guy so the people that donated for his book becomes aware of how he used the money.

Edited by Cecci
typo
  • Like 1

I linked a few social media posts on his book to this page 

Edited by enoofu

woah..... that is really a bad thing here! that guy is all but not nice! we are happy that we arent hit by that guy!

and thanksfully we dont use paypal.....

btw.... we are thinking that wurm online isnt the only game where he uses these tactic.....

I got this update from paypal:

----------

One of your buyers opened a case for this transaction. This means that the buyer has asked their financial institution to reverse the money for this transaction.

We want to help you, and are disputing this case with your buyer's financial institution.

Here are the case details:

• Buyer's name: Neal Hicks
  • Buyer's email: nealhicks@gmail.com
  • Buyer's transaction ID: 9G415382XK779560N
  • Your transaction ID: 43D72244DK488121E
  • Transaction date: 12 March 2016
  • Transaction amount: 95,00 EUR
  • Disputed amount: 113,60 USD

The disputed amount has now been debited from your PayPal account because of the following reason(s):

• This transaction was not marked as eligible for Seller Protection.

In addition, you have been debited a 16,00 EUR chargeback fee. 

If the financial institution decides the case in your favor, we will notify you that the payment will be returned to your PayPal account.

We understand that you may not have been expecting this case. If this case has made your PayPal account balance negative, please log in to your PayPal account and add money to your PayPal balance.

We'll email you if we need any further information from you.

Thank you for your patience during this process. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

PayPal

--------------

Logged in my paypal account and found the case was already marked 'closed', here are details:

Unauthorized Payment Details

Transaction ID:43D72244DK488121E

Buyer Name:Neal Hicks

Buyer Email:nealhicks@gmail.com

Transaction Amount:€95.00 EUR

Transaction Date:Mar 12, 2016

PayPal Case ID:PP-004-836-936-449

Reason for Dispute:Unauthorized payment

Chargeback Reason Code:UA

Chargeback Amount:€101.72 EUR

Chargeback Date:May 22, 2016

Status Details:We have reviewed the case. Because you have not met Seller Protection performance requirements , the transaction will be reversed. The case is now closed.

Seller Comments:

Files (4) 

Date SentType of EvidenceFile Title

May 25, 2016Additional Evidencegold_trade1.JPG

May 25, 2016Additional Evidencewurm.20160312.2149.png

May 25, 2016Additional Evidencegold_trade2.JPG

May 25, 2016Additional Evidencegold_trade3.JPG

Faxes (0) 

Date SentType of EvidenceStatus

No Faxes Uploaded

Notes (2) 

Date SentSubject

May 25, 2016Wurm Online forum thread

May 25, 2016Contact Wurm Online

Dispute History Log - Most Recent 5

The Dispute History Log displays all actions related to your claim.

DateActorAction Details

Jun 15, 2016PayPalFunds recovered from seller

Jun 15, 2016PayPalChargeback disputed

May 22, 2016PayPalEmail sent to seller

May 22, 2016PayPalEmail sent to buyer

May 22, 2016BuyerChargeback initiated

Does this mean there is nothing i can do anymore? Its final and over?

- Cormax

Btw, he haven't (yet) opened chargeback case with my wife (she sold her account and deed to him). They had some conversation via email when trading. Maybe thats why he don't want to dispute it?

Edited by Corrax
fix formating & spelling

Not yet done:

Step 8 - Credit card company evaluates case (Up to 75 days)

The credit card company evaluates the information presented by PayPal on the seller's behalf. This review can take up to 75 days and PayPal will notify the seller by email when the case is decided. Any funds PayPal is able to recover will be returned to the seller.

1 minute ago, Corrax said:

Btw, he have not opened chargeback case with my wife (she sold her account and deed). They had some conversation via email, maybe thats why?

Well it is an unauthorized use case so if your wife has not been chargedback and spoke to him using the same email as his paypal then that is an important part of the case i would think. This shows that he did know what he was doing and had control over his email and account. If you have not i would tell this to paypal so that they can use that in the case. 

As far as Paypal closing these it just means that Paypal has done their part and has sent the case as a whole for review with the CC company. They took the money from everyone to cover the cost/pay the CC company but if they win the case they will issue refunds to everyone. (I am guessing minus the fee but not sure on that one)

17 hours ago, enoofu said:

I don't see any tweets on the Pristine Server for a Waterdeep deed recently, you should just man up and make a free account to check it out

Yea I will check soon :///

Anyone heard anything?

GMs can we get our stuff back?

Still waiting for credit card company to reply. They have up to 75 days to do so :(

Some of my cases are not being disputed anymore, the ones that are not underlined are totally closed. :(

LSiTh8I.jpg

Same here, but when I click on "View" there is still "Disputing on Your Behalf" so not all lost. Yet...

Bet you all this money was the fundraising money and he had buyers remorse... GMs when can we have our stuff back???? I don't have my money anymore.

Yes, I am sure it was the fundraising money and I seriously doubt it was any unauthorized claim. The guy spent the money people donated forhis book.

I feel someone should trash his twitter etc by now.

Are you sure that is the same guy?  The last name is different.

45 minutes ago, Pashka said:

Are you sure that is the same guy?  The last name is different.

There was another link that showed his dads name is Neal Hicks iirc so that is the son. I assume using his mothers name and not his fathers but not sure. 

Edit: Also if you go to that guys old book kickstarter you will see the same email used there. 

Edited by Kegan

Half a year, sure lot has happened, I successfully trolled and scammed a gaming community out of thousands of dollars. Thank you for your donations!

He is being nice about it though, right?