Sign in to follow this  
Ondar

Sold silver through paypal to Niru, now he disputes it

Just now, Kegan said:

I am thinking it is number 2 also but if that is the case then the father either claims that it was not him or his son or turn in his son. The paypal account was verified so there had to be checks to make sure that the paypal account was the person that applied. So yes i think it is defiantly a father and son deal. 

Seems much more logical yes

Edited by Foxzer

Now if it was the son using his dads account then the father is still not liable to pay because it was not him using the cc but he would have to turn his son in or try to lie and say it was neither one of them and that the paypal was hacked somehow. I am not sure on how laws are but i would think that if he lied about it that would be some kind of fraud or something.

Edit: I do believe that i read someplace here on the forums or in our private pm chat that the player niru did mention his book to players in-game so if anyone has that log that might be a good thing to have handy. 

Edited by Kegan

1 minute ago, Kegan said:

Now if it was the son using his dads account then the father is still not liable to pay because it was not him using the cc but he would have to turn his son in or try to lie and say it was neither one of them and that the paypal was hacked somehow. I am not sure on how laws are but i would think that if he lied about it that would be some kind of fraud or something.

Also depends on how young he is, in sweden u need to be above 16 to be qualified an internet bank card or even allowed to buy anything on the internet, its the parents job to make sure they dont get access to those deals so it could be seen as an underaged crime aswell.

Sounds like he went to University in Japan so he is at least 18

Edited by enoofu

There is alot of psycho dads out there, this is all very fishy but I dont think this was a planned scamm. A very retarded atempt then, someone had spoken to him on ventrilo before right? I say we cant blame him for a scammer yet, although where is he?!?! he should post something here unless his computer has been confiscated.

Seriously, paypal is charging me back 21,70€ on a 20,00€ transaction? why in hell?

Add me to the list of people who has been scammed by this freak. what now? What kind of response did you guys give paypal to dispute his fraud?

Edited by Tsetse

can we stick to the topic? should i mention codeclub and perhaps link this forum topic in the dispute response?

i'm not really speaking for myself being hit for 20€, but it's easier to be funny and light-hearted when you don't have a several hundreds dollars negative on paypal because of some random kid.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Davih said:

Seriously, paypal is charging me back 21,70€ on a 20,00€ transaction? why in hell?

This is likely due to changes in international exchange rates since the time of your transaction.

20 minutes ago, Hordern said:

This is likely due to changes in international exchange rates since the time of your transaction.

What? but why? I've got € and they are asking €, there's no exchange, and even if there was there's no way it's 9% in a month, i got it it's just 20€ so 1,7€ isn't a big deal, but 9% is a ridiculous scam

I think it is just a fee paypal charges you for dealing with the issue mine was $1.75 usd for a $50 charge back.  

Edit: I did look at paypal a little and all they say on fees is that.."Yes, up to $20" so there might be even more fees if we lose the claim..idk

Edited by Kegan

i kind of find it funny, and truely hope this slows, or better yet stops all the paypal and account selling :) 

12 minutes ago, Evilreaper said:

i kind of find it funny, and truely hope this slows, or better yet stops all the paypal and account selling :) 

Why would it?  In most cases the silver is "free" money anyway so it does not really matter. Now if you used your own money and invested in the game and have not made that back yet then maybe but most people are selling off coins they have made in the game for basically free so the only thing you lose is time.

Edited by Kegan

1 hour ago, Kegan said:

Why would it?  In most cases the silver is "free" money anyway so it does not really matter. Now if you used your own money and invested in the game and have not made that back yet then maybe but most people are selling off coins they have made in the game for basically free so the only thing you lose is time.

nothing in this thread has anything to do with wurm online? paypal is not affiliated with wurm online... however if the player had attempted to buy a boat ingame with silver and got scammed because the owner didnt transfer ownership... then yes, this would be a proper place to complain... but because you decided to do your trading outside of wurm via paypal i believe the forum mods just need to delete this topic...

2 hours ago, Evilreaper said:

nothing in this thread has anything to do with wurm online? paypal is not affiliated with wurm online... however if the player had attempted to buy a boat ingame with silver and got scammed because the owner didnt transfer ownership... then yes, this would be a proper place to complain... but because you decided to do your trading outside of wurm via paypal i believe the forum mods just need to delete this topic...

Paypal is not affiliated with Wurm. Wurm in reality has nothing to do with all this, other than being the environment where the trade of items or silvers took place.

With that said, when I get mugged at Walmart, I will still ask Walmart to help supply any necessary information to catch the crook who took my money. I will ask them for video, for witness statements from their employees, and anything else they may have that is useful as evidence, since it happened in their environment they have more powerful tools to provide evidence. This is the exact same. Nobody has asked Wurm for reimbursements, we have asked the staff to help us provide proof that we did indeed provide the items purchased and he is trying to mug us. Server logs and confirmations from the GMs of wurm are equal to video footage and emplyee statements from walmart.

Furthermore, this topic is a warning for people to not deal with the person named Niru, who is a part of the gaming community and a very active member of the marketplace. It is more than appropriate to post a warning out there. Wurm EULA very clearly states Code Club AB condones account and item sales, as they believe that you have the right to capitalize on your investment in Wurm Online. They may not be actually able to resolve our issue, since it's paypal vs credit card company, but I am glad to see that they are attempting to back up our case by providing evidence. No matter if we win or lose the case, the effort the GMs have put into this and the communication that has been in place. That makes the difference between just playing a game and feeling like you are a valuable part of the game's community.

• Like 15

4 hours ago, Evilreaper said:

... but because you decided to do your trading outside of wurm via paypal i believe the forum mods just need to delete this topic...

Do you want this game to survive? I know I'm not the only one who'd be done with this game if the officials just said "We don't care." It's too much money and it's too damn weird.

I hope this kid is ok, I can't understand why he wouldn't come on here or in the game and explain what is going on.

8 hours ago, Kegan said:

Nothing is free and time is money.

Wurm wanted everyone to use playerauc tons to handle this stuff no one listened.

• Like 1

I sold 30s niru he just disputed  it on PayPal  after a few months really?

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit

No reply from Paypal yet. Its been 9 days since they open the chargeback case.

Just noticed his forum account has not been accessed since May 11.   I didn't remember it until I searched.  I sold this guy alot of stuff.  Must have been around 30s worth of items.  This was in March.  Sure do hope that all of you guys win your paypal cases.

On 5/18/2016 at 4:40 PM, Davih said:
  Reveal hidden contents

[21:32:37] Chat opened.
[21:32:45] <Davih> how much are you paying?
[21:32:52] <Davih> and how many?
[21:34:29] <Niru> I'm looking for 50s :D
[21:34:34] <Niru> Do you have that much? :)
[21:36:13] <Davih> no sry, i have less
[21:36:23] <Davih> like 20
[21:36:39] <Niru> 20 is good with me too :D
[21:36:48] <Niru> If you're okay with it, where do you want me to send payment to? :)
[21:36:59] <Davih> paypal gift or skrill
[21:37:16] <Niru> Paypal gift :)
[21:37:34] <Davih> i'm selling at 1€/s like default
[21:37:44] <Davih> if that works for you :)
[21:38:43] <Niru> Definitely does :D
[21:39:39] <Niru> Just let me know what email address to send, and I am ready to go :)
[21:39:49] <Davih> nice, my paypal is Davidegzz@hotmail.it , you can cod anything to me for 20s and i'll accept
[21:41:06] <Niru> 20e sent :D
[21:41:13] <Niru> Also about to CoD you an item too. It will arrive in around 5 minute :)
[21:41:36] <Niru> Sent CoD :)
[21:43:09] <Davih> ok, checking paypal
[21:43:34] <Davih> received, perfect :)
[21:43:44] <Davih> will accept cod as soon as it arrives
[21:43:53] <Niru> Woohoo, thank you :D
[21:48:38] <Davih> arrived
[21:49:11] <Davih> and accepted
[21:49:49] <Niru> I really appreciate it! Thanks again :D
[21:49:57] <Davih> thanks to you :)

I was sad about having lost the 20€ i re-used to buy prems on my alts, looks like i'm not really the one who had the worst.
I seriously hope paypal isn't still the pro-scammer crap it was some years ago, i've lost some serious money to scammers doing everything right in the past,  even asking people to send mail messages confirming the trade from the same mail address they used to pay, sadly i must say: don't be too surprised if he wins the chargebacks.
I should really just only accept skrill payments in the future x_x

WHat you should be doing is buying your prem through Code Club AB's avenues not to kick you in the mide section while you are down but Code Club has never ripped me off..i know it costs more but i feel glad i helped the game i luv and sorry to all you guys who have been put into jeopardy over this bs. very sorry..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Psalamon said:

WHat you should be doing is buying your prem through Code Club AB's avenues not to kick you in the mide section while you are down but Code Club has never ripped me off..i know it costs more but i feel glad i helped the game i luv and sorry to all you guys who have been put into jeopardy over this bs. very sorry..

He did buy prem from the shop. The 20 euros he got by selling things ingame, he spent back to buy premium. Those 20 euros are now being disputed AFTER he already spent them back on the game.