Sign in to follow this  
Ondar

Sold silver through paypal to Niru, now he disputes it

Hi everyone!

Just noticed this thing in my email too. I've been very busy with my work lately and today i was able to check my messages.

Im happy this was resolverd before i even knew this but i'd like to add my (and my wife) story here too as reference!

This guy bought 1 gold from me 12.3. and everything went well until now.

I believe its you guys to thank Paypal was able to work this case fast and deny his reversal, so thank you :)

He also bought my wife account (Thea) and tried to reverse that too.

This trade was made 5.4.

This one was denied by Paypal as well.

We didn't provide any information to Paypal because either of us couldn't check the email at this time. So we didn't know this reversal request until today!

Luckily Wurm have such a great community! Im happy i can say i've been part of this game! Thanks again everyone of you and from my wife behalf too!

I thank GM team too, its great to see you support us players so well!

- Cormax and Thea

(ps. I don't own Corrax or Cormax anymore in game, you can pm Aniel in game)

• Like 1

Consider the risk that any buyer faces: that the purchase is a non-physical object that is technically still owned by Code Club and could become inaccessible without notice; any one of us could be subject to total loss at practically any moment. The buyer still appears to have less overall risk, considering their ability to dispute the sale, as payment generally happens before the transfer of goods. 

1 minute ago, Bibbidyboop said:

Phoning paypal now. This is getting ridiculous.

i just did. Need to prove again.. this is really ridicilous. 

Had a chat with Paypal.

Looks like our friend Niru Akasaka has contacted his credit card company and told them hes not paying the money again. This is a known scam. The manager in the dispute part of the company said that they believe our side of the story, however, it is ENTIRELY in the hands on the card provider. So in other words it doesnt mean ###### what Paypal think, but what the car provider thinks. I also confirmed this will be the last time a dispute will occur, as it is becoming harrassment.

I suggest EVERYONE puts down as much information, including chat logs, pictures, this thread, and the fact it was in-game, online goods sold in a written contract (as shown in the logs the contract is formed when you offer a service and you agree on the payment).

I would like the GM's/Devs to get involved and offer us server logs of all the transactions.

Edited by Bibbidyboop

I sincerely hope that the GMs have locked down any involved assets and accounts after the first wave of disputes, because from my expirience - once you get to the point of dealing with credit card companies and chargebacks as a paypal seller - you are most likely 99.9% ****ed.

They told me that they actually win the majority of these cases. Fingers crossed I guess?

Spoke to my bank and I have blocked all transaction requests with paypal. I suggest you all do the same considering Paypal offer no seller protection and its out of their hands.

Here we go again for me as well:

Case opened: Case ID PP-004-836-950-417

Buyer's name: Neal Hicks

Buyer's email: nealhicks@gmail.com

Buyer's transaction ID: 6KL938433N9295411

Your transaction ID: 5C0684451E048915D

Transaction date: April 4, 2016

Transaction amount: €60.00 EUR

Disputed amount: $72.52 USD

Edited by Klaa

More charge backs this morning.

After all these pages when will the player base learn not to deal with him?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lulu said:

After all these pages when will the player base learn not to deal with him?

Uh what? Most of these transactions happen way before this thread was made

Well you have two options call you bank and lose your paypal account or eat the cost and carry on with your life.  For me it was only $50 so i will eat the cost and move on good luck with it. (i will send in the logs i have but i think we are screwed on this one) 

Wish you guys luck

But since he owes some of you guys hundreds to thousands of dollars I doubt his legal problem will end here especially since you know his contact information

-$682.97

Here we go again. I'll probably head to my bank later and see what they can tell me. Also, I'm going to remove my CC info off of PayPal, for now.

Been reading the entire thread for the last 35min and this is insane? Could the Gms atleast send the items back to their original owners if they cant get their money back or something (I dunno if they are allowed to do that)? I wish u all best of luck

Edited by Foxzer

31 minutes ago, Xallo said:
-$682.97

Here we go again. I'll probably head to my bank later and see what they can tell me. Also, I'm going to remove my CC info off of PayPal, for now.

This is what I did and i suggest everyone does the same.

1 hour ago, enoofu said:

Wish you guys luck

But since he owes some of you guys hundreds to thousands of dollars I doubt his legal problem will end here especially since you know his contact information

Seriously, the total is bordering felony levels in some states. I have no idea if a court will hear a civil suit on virtual items though.

52 minutes ago, Bibbidyboop said:

This is what I did and i suggest everyone does the same.

Well the only thing with that is that you will likely lose your paypal account and never be able to sell anything again here through them and that is the standard payment here. 

I know that for some of you that have lost hundreds or thousands that might be an option but for me over $50 it is not worth losing my Paypal i will just have to work extra hard to make it up in the next few months in-game.

Hello,

As I affirmed earlier in this thread we did see that this individual did receive and has in his possession many if not every single item that has been mentioned to us  He has used and is using many of the received items.  We will keep an eye on this case and lock down all assets we can find.   Do keep us informed.

Thank you,

Enki (Head Game Master)

• Like 6

Maybe with such a large case the GMs will get what is left of the assets on the accounts and give back the items then distribute what coins is left on the accounts among the ones that sold him coins.   :)

I think anything like that should be discussed - If at all - When we recieve a confirmation from Paypal regarding the case.

At the moment we need everyone who is affected to offer up information to Paypal so that they can fight our cause with the credit card company that Neal is using to scam us with.