Sign in to follow this  
Smilingcat

Mailing items limited to 10 times?

This needs to be removed. 

If the devs are that worried that we're abusing the mail system... then fine... after 10 mailings, make that particular item cost the old rate of 10c or 20c cross server.  WE DON'T CARE.

[21:40:40] <Neville> I have a large maul, iron (SDN83L82C44M54) that has a mail limit of 0, so I cannot sell it to anyone because I can't CoD the item... so I'm asking if the mail limit can be reset on the item?

[21:45:31] <Enki> okay I understand now.   I do not think we can reset it, but what you need to do is make a request in suggestions and ideas of the forum to have the mechanic removed that limits this mailing stuff

[21:45:44] <Enki> get support for it and the devs will try and fit it into their schedule

[21:48:02] <Enki> we will also point this out to our Community Relations Coordinator to push

Edited by Neville

On 20.5.2016 at 1:48 AM, icbash said:

you do know u can use more then 1 mailbox to get around this?

Not true. I have an old and a brand new mailbox, and mailing limit shows the same in both boxes on the items i just dropped in them to test this.

If they are somehow worried about about abuses of shipping, they could remove limits on individual items and factor in a weight * courier cast.  meaning light items travel fast.  Heavy items travel slower.  This could be used to balance the postage per "item" even in stacks.

I'd personally love a postage due per kilo. 1c minimum and 1c for each additional kilo.

reason being, I can ship a 0.45 kilo meal for the same price as a 4 kilo meal.  no difference.

A longsword ships for the same amount as a herb, even though the weights are radically different.

it's pretty bad to increase the costs after it was reduced for qol gameplay to make up for a heavily outdated mechanic that majority of people will never met.  just remove the limit and call it a day

• Like 4

On 8/2/2016 at 11:38 PM, MrGARY said:

it's pretty bad to increase the costs after it was reduced for qol gameplay to make up for a heavily outdated mechanic that majority of people will never met.  just remove the limit and call it a day

It's not like people actually PvP in Wurm Online anymore anyway.

• Like 2

+1 to remove mail limit

Edited by Neville
  • Like 1

On May 24, 2016 at 0:05 AM, polarbear said:

Do you two even PVP. Never seen a wurmhole or Aum on chaos, and as for epic, i can not vouch. Its really funny how people who don't PVP whine and get things changed on Chaos and Epic. While the people who actually do PVP never wanted anything to get changed. 

+1 would like to mail things across a pvp server like chaos to get casts on them without riding idk, 4 HOURS on a horse. The limit of 10 is quite silly. Please remove dev's. please. 

Lol ... I hope you being sarcastic... Right ?

everybody, and their aunt know that , we , the pve players play a nerfed game to keep the sacrosant balance in the pvp servers... 

Everybody kneel to the balance.

pfft

Edited by topkos
  • Like 1

:ph34r: looks left

looks right :ph34r:

+1 /edit: remove the limit/

and.. hides

As for the pvp-ers hmm, if this affects them.. can't actual pvpers, not border huggers, people who actually spend their days there(well that includes afk alts <_<) be allowed to vote what pve changes to be implemented on chaos/epic also?

Edited by Finnn

+1 because its dumb, am i supposed to throw away a drake set now because it reached the mailing limit?

3 hours ago, Arium said:

+1 because its dumb, am i supposed to throw away a drake set now because it reached the mailing limit?

I'm afraid that your drake set might be now corrupted by the evil mailbox spirits :lol:, nothing a little exorcism can't reset back to 10 :D

/edit/ Bless you(r set):huh:

Edited by Finnn

Is anything happening in this direction? It's still ingame and it's still annoying. +1

On 7/30/2016 at 8:54 PM, Neville said:

[21:45:31] <Enki> okay I understand now.   I do not think we can reset it, but what you need to do is make a request in suggestions and ideas of the forum to have the mechanic removed that limits this mailing stuff

[21:45:44] <Enki> get support for it and the devs will try and fit it into their schedule

[21:48:02] <Enki> we will also point this out to our Community Relations Coordinator to push

So Enki the post has been made, actually numerous posts, all supported over a long period of time, how about some action on this.

• Like 1

It isn't on his timetable as he has said.  So getting him to push anything that he doesn't want is next to useless.

As I said previously, there's a lot about the mailing system that can be improved, so would benefit from spending more time addressing it as a whole.

That or love for merchants

Merchants have nothing to do with the mailing system.  I think that is half the problem with things.  Everyone tries to overthink what a thread is about.  When I need an item that I already own re-imped.  I am almost forced to travel to the person that can imp it.  I can only mail it a few times before that option is over.  A merchant is not going to help that.  I should not have to buy an item over and over again when all it needs is some loving attention.

• Like 3