Hello, as I was mining earlier a player ran by and scared me slightly. Almost as if I saw a ghost. So I was thinking since we have religion and priest and all. Why not ghost hauntings?

Maybe have ghost haunt abandon deeds and you need a priest to cleanse the area in case someone else wants to deed there.

Ghost can be good and bad. Some can cut you and some will heal you. They can appear in dark places like caves or dark woods or bright places.

Ghost can possess a player depending on his soul and strength abilities and possibly faith and a priest will need to perform a exorcism.

I'm sure you guys can think of some awesome ideas and where I'm going with this. We should be more afraid of the dark.

• Like 9

Had something similar some time ago, especially if an area was inhabited for a long time and/or had a lot of pvp.

So +1 here.

If someone dies and drop body then tile is marked by game and can sometimes spawn ghost (could be even with the same name as body).

Ghost can be spawned at night and despawn at day. Medium chance to be friendly rather then agressive.

On rare occasion could be daywalker, wich spawns during day and despawn at night. Big chance to be friendly.

If body were in mines then ghost could have 24h spawn time. Big chance to be agressive.

If body were on water then instead ghost could be drowned undead. Always agressive.

Also tiles with graves could have some chances to spawn ghosts.

If tile is suspected to being marked then priest could try to exorcism it to remove the marker.

Edited by Wilczan

Heh I neglected to mention the gravestones... unless blessed once in a while.

+1.  Sounds like it could be fun.  Well....all except the possessing of players, but definitely lots of interesting possibilities with something like this.

Sounds good to me, the ability for priests to "harvest" somethign from ghosts (spectral residue) for potion making might be nice (mixed with a heart, allows a non-priest to remove a spirit).

it all sounds interesting.   I'd just add that players who died from PVP have higher chances of aggressive ghosts.  Bodies that are buried with a not likely to spawn a ghost.

Oh yes, +1.

Have ghosts spawn on abandoned deeds at night, bashing walls and bins and whatever is still standing there. :)

2 minutes ago, Eobersig said:

Oh yes, +1.

Have ghosts spawn on abandoned deeds at night, bashing walls and bins and whatever is still standing there. :)

that's an interesting thought,  sort of a reverse spirit guard.

If they are harmless to players fine, if not no way. Don't really want more of these fog type designed mobs that can harass you, teleport around and can't be healed with cotton bandages. Griefer mobs unwanted.

=Ayes=

They should also make zombies to...have dead players rise form the dead on PVE servers