Sign in to follow this  
Shamgar

New Island server hosted in the U.S.

Hello, I believe that all the islands that exist are hosted in Europe. I would like to see a exclusive island hosted in the western continent of earth. LIke the USA. Living in the west coast of the USA and playing WO I can feel the latency pretty bad at times.

I have to wait for gates and doors to open after I walk into them. At times when I'm moving to fast I'm told to stop moving so my location can be updated. Other times while riding my wagon I'm spinning out of control because the server is still trying to respond to my movement and I have to stop and wait for the catch up.

I know some of you will say it's my internet connection and I need to check this and that. But there is nothing wrong with my internet when these things are occurring. I believe it's just the latency coming from the other side of the planet.

In WU I load into low latency server and gates and doors open up for me as I'm walking up to them. I'm not slamming my face into the door waiting for it to open. I never experience the system message telling me my position needs to be updated.

Now I'm not saying WU is better or anything like that. I just rather log into a server in my own continent. Preferably my own country and get that low latency and smoother gameplaly. Until then I'll play with what we got.

Still a good game, thanks!

My guess is that you play on Xanadu? That server has more lag then any other server out there because of its size. I live in the US too and i have no trouble on any other server but Xanadu and there i do see some lag. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Would surely be nice but I don't think there is enough players to to compensate the expense.

Just now, Kegan said:

My guess is that you play on Xanadu? That server had more lag then any other server out there because of its size. I live in the US too and i have no trouble on any other server but Xanadu and there i do see some lag. 

Yes, I do live in Xanadu. I can imagine smaller servers running better. But it's just a idea. Half of the player base is probably from the US but I don't know the exact stats.

1 minute ago, Shamgar said:

Yes, I do live in Xanadu. I can imagine smaller servers running better. But it's just a idea. Half of the player base is probably from the US but I don't know the exact stats.

Make an alt on another server and just see how that goes it might be worth making the move over to a smaller server but like Niki says i doubt they are going to add a US based server.  

What Kegan says.  You really need to do this and watch nearly all lag evaporate.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

I live on Xan, play from the fastest internet available in my area (little town in the middle of mexico) (the only available internet actually) and while I experience that type of lag at times. It is not often, I see people say that they have xan lag all the time and I might experience it once or twice a day for a couple of minutes. Is that what you are talking about or is it more persistent? Seems odd that I have less lag than people playing from the US who have 10-100x better internet than I do. It would lend me to believe as posted above about a possible problem between europe and the US...except I am routed through the US to Europe.

Xanadu tends to see more lag than other servers, and tends to get series of lag spikes at times. That said, plenty of people from the Americas play on Xanadu, lag can be bad at times but it's seldom game-breaking.

Check your ping to the game server, the URL is xanadu.game.wurmonline.com.

11 hours ago, Eobersig said:

Check your ping to the game server, the URL is xanadu.game.wurmonline.com.

Minimum = 186ms, Maximum = 189ms, Average = 186ms

California, USA

Thanks for the link.

Edited by Shamgar

Wurm used to be hosted in the US, once upon a time.

Texas was it not?