Sign in to follow this  
Darmalus

Congregant Contract

I propose a new item to be placed on Traders: the Congregant Contract

What It Does

The Congregant Contract is a nodrop item that, when activated, leaves a "Congregant Doppelganger" exactly where you were standing when you logged off. This doppelganger counts as a listener for sermons held in range. When you log in the doppelganger vanishes. The doppelganger is as attackable as a regular player for both PvP and PvE purposes, though they drop no loot and can be resummoned after being killed by logging in, activating and logging out. So keep your pet lava fiends fed, or your sermon party could be wiped out all the same.

Advantages

• It still requires a subscription to work, so no loss for Rolf.
  • Support the sermon party even when you are otherwise occupied.
  • Support as many accounts as you desire on any computer, it's the server doing the work after all.
  • Even if some are NPC placeholders, a nice full church just feels right.

Price
20 silver feels right to me, since the person buying the Congregant Contract get's no direct benefit. It only benefits others.

Eh, -1.  I really don't like the idea of afk skilling.  Farming is the only skill where this is more lenient, but it's also realistic in that approach so it's warranted.

• Like 1

+1 the price seems reasonable - i never understood why we need to have premium toons for sermons.

38 minutes ago, Niki said:

+1 the price seems reasonable - i never understood why we need to have premium toons for sermons.

You've been afk fishing too much in Black Desert. ;)

This is an illustration of the woefully constructed priest class in game.  Which is in a game that supposedly has no classes.....

I would rather see sermons be something that gives a benefit to everyone involved but is done much less often, having a group of players constantly being brainwashed by sermons feels silly.

Perhaps a sermon could reward a much greater amount of faith, provide players with full nutrition and some sleep bonus, but have a much longer cooldown? Make it less of a priest circle grind.

This way perhaps participating in a sermon is a service provided by the priest, instead of priests basically being willing to pay players to sit afk in their temple.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Noevi said:

I would rather see sermons be something that gives a benefit to everyone involved but is done much less often, having a group of players constantly being brainwashed by sermons feels silly.

Perhaps a sermon could reward a much greater amount of faith, provide players with full nutrition and some sleep bonus, but have a much longer cooldown? Make it less of a priest circle grind.

This way perhaps participating in a sermon is a service provided by the priest, instead of priests basically being willing to pay players to sit afk in their temple.

I've already thrown out some suggestions about priests being the ones who give the divine missions not a frigging HUD window.  Also that you should get some sort of bonus if you follow the instructions of a confession and make it one of many possibilities.

Priests are nothing but mages with a group name to belong to it seems, and I would love for them to have things to attain on their own other than enchantment makers.   Why is it that a deed can get a faith bonus without a temple or even an altar?  Maybe a larger "Temple" would lower the rate of decline for deed faith bonuses?  While a Grander temple would allow for a higher level of Faith Bonus?  Lastly would there be a bonus for Patron God on a deed or is it perfectly fine to be multi-God'ed?