Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

client render testing!

The bug I mentioned in just up the page are with the client without the new renderer (just rechecked).

I fixed the ground rendering (my bad, I built the old against a new resource pack).

Thanks for the link, I didn't realize it wouldn't change the URL.

• Like 1

I've popped over to test, when I use the normal test client, things seem fine, when I use the unstable one more that have of the 'stuff' just never renders.

I'm not sure if that is "normal" right now or not, but I thought I would mention it. :)

I finfd the new iteration to be great i finally get 20 fps and it looks great and i'm not even on full details.. and i like it so good job Wurm devs and look forward to other people coming tback be beat back this next rift as level 2 is impossible on solo.. so again like the new rifts..and hell i found a shoulder pad that fit on my left side and it protected my left side that was great logical..

Snowflaking issue

Sapphire Flex AMD HD6870 1 GB GDDR5

Win 7 Pro

Not sure if this applies here, but using the unstable today was not a happy experience, 10-20fps and when riding along and entered a local with 1 person it immediately dropped to 1-6 and settled in around 10fps, gone back to using 3.99z. Only forest in the area and no deeds, PM me if more details are wanted.

Is there any ETA on the performance issues being fixed on AMD hardware?

I'm running on an ASUS/AMD HD 7850 1GB with up-to-date drivers.

I currently get less than half the frame rate on unstable compared to stable at the moment.

I have all of the settings set to the same on both clients, bar a few new ones in the unstable client.

Unstable:

wurm_unstable_fps.PNG

Stable:

wurm_stable_fps.PNG

I get massive FPS drops near sizable buildings on unstable, which I don't get on stable, making it pretty much unplayable.

I could reduce the detail settings, but that's not exactly a solution (making the game look worse in order to run it at all).

Hopefully the new renderer will be delayed a little longer (or fixed in time for the release!) because the game will become unplayable (or close to) for many of us otherwise.

Besides this issue, everything else works fine. I've no doubt the end result will be amazing, but right now it doesn't feel ready for a stable release yet. :(

Edited by syncaidius

I tried both of Keenan's links above for both test clients.  The game seems to run smoother, but it is unplayable because my cursor is acting funny.  If I hover my mouse over an object, a random tile somewhere else is selected.

My game play in the stable client, of course, is unaffected and working fine.

On 6/11/2016 at 8:02 AM, Wargasm said:

I tried both of Keenan's links above for both test clients.  The game seems to run smoother, but it is unplayable because my cursor is acting funny.  If I hover my mouse over an object, a random tile somewhere else is selected.

My game play in the stable client, of course, is unaffected and working fine.

A friend of mine was having funny cursor actions last night, she was using the unstable, she thought it was just the mouse going screwy.

On Wurm Unlimited and in non-test Wurm Online, I always get tile rendering glitches, because I use my Intel i7 6700K to render (I am waiting to buy a video card when AMD releases their new cards.) When I tried out this new client renderer, I first noticed weird glitching of cave walls disappearing, so then I turned off GLSL, and WOW... it actually renders the scene perfectly and with no tile render glitches whatsoever!

Whatever you guys are doing with this new client renderer, keep it up. People like me, who use only Intel on-board video, are going to benefit the most from it when you get the bugs finally worked out.

Good work guys, sure some things are wonky but hey Render engines are not an easy task, you'll get there, keep it up!

• Like 1

any new builds for the unstable?

I want to test it for improvements :P

A few remarks on 4.00-6bd1cd8.

I have most of my settings turned up to the maximum.

First, torches look much better on unstable than on stable!  The flames have been oversized on the stable client since the binary models were introduced.

Tiles surfaces appear to be smooth, even though I have bumpmapped terrain turned on.

Grass tufts on lawn are distractingly dark in color.

Still alot of disconnects happening, not any pattern I can discern.

Rain and rainbows sometimes are not rendered on the test client when they are being rendered on the stable client.

The fire effect in ovens flickers unrealistically fast, spoiling the realism.

Rift beacons are white instead of red.

Some of the spirit motes that normally orbit a turret are frozen in place.

The halo effect around turret balls is noticeably off center and doesn't move with the turret when it dances so that it completely separates from the ball.

Edited by Gaffer
turret halo positioning
  • Like 1

Pushing out a new unstable this morning, there was a few issues fixed including a memory leak

Do check for performance.

Build for this one is 4.00-bd2f5e9

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

Pushing out a new unstable this morning, there was a few issues fixed including a memory leak

Do check for performance.

Build for this one is 4.00-bd2f5e9

Still totally unplayable with AMD. Now even worse, stuck at 1 fps.

• Like 1

When using my Intel i7 6700K on-board video, the ground textures were missing. When I turned off GLSL support, the ground textures rendered again with no problems. I had 60fps throughout my testing of the new unstable build.

- Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i7 6700K (Intel HD Graphics 530)

New build on the Unstable Test Client today if those of you with issues wish to check it out.  4.0-25e51f0   

http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_test_unstable.jnlp

We're interested to hear if any of the following issues have improved:

FPS

Out of Memory Crashes

Null Crash

Please be sure to indicate the build number when reporting problems.

At this time, the new build is NOT on production unstable.

The current live Unstable client is 4.00-ff3d40d

This client addresses many of the issues reported here http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/27-client-bugs/.

If you've reported an issue with the new rendering client and it's fixed for you with this client, please do note it on the bug forum so that we know it has been addressed for your issue.

Thank you.

big improvement fps-wise on amd gpu, but still not as good as stable. but at least playable now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alectrys said:

The current live Unstable client is 4.00-ff3d40d

This client addresses many of the issues reported here http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/27-client-bugs/.

If you've reported an issue with the new rendering client and it's fixed for you with this client, please do note it on the bug forum so that we know it has been addressed for your issue.

Thank you.

30 to 50 fps (16 in some places but... excessive decorations do that stuff haha!) with the same settings I run with Stable. 

The only problem I have found is the spy glass does not have a crosshair and give the range, the moons are not lit properly, and unless it is just a very pretty day on Release, there's no clouds at all.

Follow up after a bit of playing. The disconnects happen at regular intervals still and it's reconnecting to fast too see the cause. However, something strange happens to the FPS after a disconnect. Each time I am disconnected, the FPS will drop a degree. After a couple disconnects, I am down to 8 fps. 

Edited by Audrel
I can't speel or speek engrish :-P

Client build:  4.00-a060f54

• Random disconnects still happening (with the same intensity)
  • Performance on AMD cards  (HD6870) much improved
  • Love being able to render all lights on deed, BUT that drops performance dramatically (75-100 fps during day 15-25 fps at night) - maybe add more range to dynamic lightning (if you are to limit them, allow still more than 8 lights)
  • Lightning in caves still not improved (cannot render a lot of lights, lots flicker on and off - unlike on the surface)

Extra issue (probably not connected to the unstable client): water reflections do not work in mines

• Like 1

Unstable client's lighting is extremely glitchy.

Doorsways, walls, grass, etc are all flickering.

Performance is worst than 2-3 patches ago, where I actually had 20%~ better than old renderer.

You guys are going in the wrong direction, sorry.

Just for reference, I have the game fully maxed out including shadows,

and on the previous renderer I had anywhere from 60-144 FPS depending on where I was.

60 being at Castle Glittercrown for example, and 144 being pretty much anywhere else including most smaller, less expansive deeds.

Now I have 20-30 at CG, and 60-144 anywhere else.

Edited by Brunwulf