Sign in to follow this  
xbudx

free trial download

hello ... this game looks really good but id like to download the free version 1st and try the game ... but I cant download.... I got the newest version of java ... and it takes me to my torrent program to download but then it says not valid bencoding

ive tried google chrome to download it and ie and Microsoft internet page .... but I'm stumped so if anybody can help I would much appreciate it thank you

http://www.wurmonline.com/ just click play on site and it should download java client for you, when you double click downloaded file game should download and install, you just need internet connection and java installed on your computer. Ingame you have free to play model with skill cap to 20 so you can try game before deciding to pay for montly subscription or buying stand alone unlimited edition from steam. Hope it helps.

When clicking to download it should not take you to a torrent program.  It sounds as if your file associations are incorrect.

• Like 1

yea everytime takes me to my torrent program.... before I had java it did nothing ... no I have java I have this problem

and thank you for replies

well I downloaded to desktop and right clicked and open with java .... it will install now but says its a 32 bit program and I'm using a 64bit system and java

is there a 64bit game install or is it 32 and that's it

Edited by xbudx

try this in a batch file or by changing the icon properties on your desktop.

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_91\bin\javaws.exe" -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -Xmx4096m http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp

Make sure the program files location points to your java version if you don't have update 91.

• Like 1

Also, if you have a 64bit OS... you are correct to use 64bit java.  Wurm will use the 64bit java just fine, there is no need to install 32bit java.