Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Rifts - Who? What? Where? - SPOILERS - TEST SERVER

THIS WAS NOT AN OFFICIAL TEST, THIS STILL HAPPENS LATER THIS WEEK, THIS WAS JUST A SMALL GROUP

DO NOT OPEN SPOILER IF YOU WANT TO SEE FOR YOURSELF FIRST

Spoiler

Today me and some other people did Rifts on Test Server.

THIS WAS NOT AN OFFICIAL TEST, THIS STILL HAPPENS LATER THIS WEEK, THIS WAS JUST A SMALL GROUP

Some basic information about rifts as they currently are on Test server:

- The random area a rift is spawned at, is roughly 50x50 big and looks like this.

- Many, many MANY monsters will spawn. It took us roughly 3 and a half hours with a group of 14 people to clear the rift. All in full scale 90ql with 90ql gear and weapons and all skills were 90 (characeristics 45), (no enchants, no horses) We used the testserver heal to do this, we would have required way more people if we did not have this option. (This "heal" basically instantly gives you full health whenever you want and we were using it ALOT)

- Monsters do not leave the rift area, ever

- Monsters dissapear after the rift has ended

- This will be a VERY HARD event with just 14 people. I highly recommend 25+ people and a fo priest dedicated to healing! And way more if you do not have a fo priest and have to go out of healing all the time. (Ofcourse we did not have weapon/armour enchants or horses on test server)

- Typing /rift shows participation scores. This seems to be 1 point for each monster you've helped kill. It's quite easy to reach the max category (phenomenal).

- The Waves get bigger and bigger, the first wave is easy but the last one gets quite nasty.

During the event you get the following messages, they do not seem to matter for loot because everyone received the same at the end, but maybe it increases chance for loot. We don't know:

[12:59:35] Your participation has now reached decent.

[13:29:59] Your participation has now reached good!

[14:28:10] Your participation has now reached phenomenal!

This goes up when you kill monsters.

Upon completing the Rift you get the following titles:

Rifter

Rift Defender

How do you clear the rift:

You clear the rift by killing the monsters. You have to Butcher the monsters for "Hearts" and use those Hearts on the "Rift Altar". 20 Required per wave of the rift. The Rift Altar has a red light around it marking the spot. Select your heart > right click rift > Burn. This action takes 15 seconds and will be interrupted by attacking enemies.

Everytime you clear a wave many, many, many mobs will spawn and you have to kill those, and then go back to the altar to sacrifice more Hearts to progress to the next wave which will spawn even more enemies.

How do you get loot:

You can get random loot by killing monsters. We are unsure how this is devided. We have had people for 3 hours and gain only 1 item, while others were here for a hour and got 3 items this was very, very unfair but not sure how this system works. The items are Random, could be shoulders, lump(different kinds), bracelets, necklaces or rings.

By completing the rift everyone gets a random item in their inventory. I got shoulders, while many others got a bare 0.25KG seryll lump for the several hours they were there.

Loot automatically goes to your inventory and is shown in eventlog for everyone nearby, so everyone can see what item you gained and when. There is no additional loot for butchering. 

We got 95% of all the loot from killing monsters, not for actually completing the rift. So rushing to the altar has no use, kill all the mobs first and then proceed to next stage!

Below a list of items we've discovered so far. Please post below if you have new information (or PM me) and i will add it to the list! 

Item List

Album of the shoulders we've found so far.

Monsters:

(In all classes, normal, champ, greenish, alert etc.etc.)

Rift Beasts

Rift Jackals
Rift Summoners - Summoners spawn additional Rift mobs, kill those first if you can! *Unless you want more loot, leave them for last :), assuming summoned mobs also drop, but we do not know*
Ogres, several types (mages aswell)

Rift Casters

Rift War Master

Other Random information:

Rift monsters attack all aggressive animals in their path and will kill them with little to no effort.

I want to join a rift, where do i find one!?

Look for the Red light in the sky.

After the event message: [18:55:20] A new Rift has been reported!

Edit #1: Added DK's information

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 17

nvm. was fixed.

Edited by Arium

refreshed just now. works fine now.

other link works aswell tho.

Edited by Arium

Good post thanks for making it WKM! 

The rifts overall were pretty fun, think AQ40 event in world of warcraft fun, with lots to kill. I hope it's a server wide effort to close rifts and not a simple task that 10 people can do.

I do think the loot system needs some work, seeing that a lot of us hardly got anything or nothing at all... it seems incomplete to me.

Very detailed, nice work :) 

Can't wait for them to show up on the 24th

wow, those items seem pretty strong

seem like a bunch of them impact pvp so it'll be another requirement :|

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Worksock said:

They seem cosmetic to me, were talking about some items under 1% here with certain circumstance uses.

I do think the Metallic Liquid I found was a nice item.

Pretty strong? Like which ones exactly?

Honestly i hope rifts will appear once a week per server, i think they should be more frequent than the current uniques and it gives everyone something to do. Also makes sure people with jobs etc have time to actually do them instead of always missing out because of timezones or being at work etc. Any longer than that and there would be 100+ppl everytime making it undoable. So every week gives everyone a chance to be there.

Also, complete rewards should be given even to players that are OFFLINE (because they had to go to bed for example) if they participated in the event. This is currently not the case.

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 5

THANK YOU WKM!!!!!!

This has revealed a lot of my curiosities as to how the rifts will work when implemented. This information will also help a lot for when the wiki page(s) are/is created. Thank you so much!

dank I can stack even more bonuses now, focus level one seems a bit strong tho

16 minutes ago, Worksock said:

yeah, you'll have to take another look and also do a test server round with at least the following items pvp-wise:

increased focus, damage enchant combat damage reduction, maybe others since i doubt the list is complete just yet.

would be nice if additional numbers would be available on this aswell.

12 minutes ago, Niki said:

They seem cosmetic to me, were talking about some items under 1% here with certain circumstance uses.

I do think the Metallic Liquid I found was a nice item.

wurm is a game of stacking numbers. depending on how they are added up even those seemingly 1% can quickly make an impact you wouldnt think of.

and yeah the metallic liquid is probably gonna be $$$ for all those rare collectors.

however, about the amount of seryll you get it seems fair tbh.

hunting valrei mobs for seryll is a pain since only like half of them even have the slight chance to be butchered for seryll.

also, you can get full glimmer AND seryll from the random drops.

Edited by Arium

didn't even see there was a spell power tab

is the power random or always the same?

skull shoulders giving aoe spell damage reduction

dragon shoulders decreasing the archery penalty from wearing armor

shoulders increasing glance/dodge changes against weapons

shoulders giving straight up damage reduction

boar shoulders increasing your aoe spell damage

shoulders giving you face protection

why are SHOULDERS of all things giving these sort of effects

this does not make any sense at all

why are shoulders giving bonuses at all

am I going to have to dress up like a ###### clown just to keep up with the pvp meta?

Edited by Worksock
  • Like 5

Wow Truly thanks WKM for this update, this has provided useful info something i wish was accompanied via staff  when the introduction of rifts was announced.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DKSprocket said:

A picture to sum up the event:

Reveal hidden contents

RHxMKnD.jpg

looks nice

just need to make it so it scales somewhat to amount of players present so there's some challenge when 100 players show up

also the whole sac hearts to continue waves seem pretty eh

20 minutes ago, whykillme said:

Honestly i hope rifts will appear once a week per server, i think they should be more frequent than the current uniques and it gives everyone something to do. Also makes sure people with jobs etc have time to actually do them instead of always missing out because of timezones or being at work etc. Any longer than that and there would be 100+ppl everytime making it undoable. So every week gives everyone a chance to be there.

Also, complete rewards should be given even to players that are OFFLINE (because they had to go to bed for example) if they participated in the event. This is currently not the case.

That.

A tweak in difficulty / amount of players might be needed, as said above with top gear (no enchants though) and heal options it took a while for 14 players to clear it. A proper balance between the amount of spawns, frequency of the rifts appearing, needed players and time involved will be needed.

And with my usual luck, after killing a bunch of mobs (wave 2 & 3), i got nothing else than the 0.25 kg of seryll at the end. RNG is as bad as usual, might want to have a look into that as well

I will wait for an official test (with more players) to see how the game handles it (performance wise).

3 minutes ago, Worksock said:

also the whole sac hearts to continue waves seem pretty eh

Done properly, the whole sac heart can be the thing that allow to scale the challenge up or down. Give a time out on the wave, a specific number of heart to reach the next one and any extra hearts added will increase the number of mobs / difficulty / rewards.

Lovely information, very informative and well-constructed. I sure hope you're right and these are frequent enough that I never see you at one - in the best possible way ;) (unless requested for the assist)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, whykillme said:

Other Random information:

Rift monsters attack all aggressive animals in their path and will kill them with little to no effort.

So what would happen if you drag a unique to them? :ph34r:

1 minute ago, zigozag said:

So what would happen if you drag a unique to them? :ph34r:

Probably a clever use of game mechanics no doubt.

• Like 1

Great review, thanks! Aren't some of the shoulders too big? Some seems a bit oversized on the images...

• Like 1

It looks like - almost without fail - like their attachment points are wrong.

Those lucky few that have the point almost right seem to have their rotation wrong

this is still the test so I think it will be amended yet

lmao all these combat bonuses and adjustments, the devs don't even know what's going on with their current system and throw all this in.

please disable for pvp holy god

• Like 4