Sign in to follow this  
asdf

[Fixed] Some valrei titles are impossible to obtain

For example, to be a 'Diabolist', you need to have 4 titles total, and a majority of them needs to be black; additionally, you can't have 2 black titles, or 3 black titles, because those would give you the titles of "Witch doctor" and "Death knight" (or their female counterparts). You can't have 1 black title either, because then you wouldn't have a majority :P This means you need to have exactly 4 black titles. There are only 3 black titles. (per gender)

I haven't checked all the combinations, so perhaps there are others that are also impossible to get.

Thanks for making this post, asdf.

I am down to only 6 personal goals left to complete, and while some of them are easier and some are harder to get, it doesn't seem quite right to have one (in my case, "Become a Diabolist") that is impossible.

Agreed. There are only three black sorcery items. If you have used 0 or 1, you can't have a majority in black items, and if you have 2 or 3 you get other titles. "Become a Diabolist" is a personal goal for a lot of people, so it's not a harmless bug.

@asdf

I actually get to prove you wrong for a change! ;)

Diabolist requires 4 titles total, the majority being black.

Thus you would need exactly 2 black, 1 red, and one "other".

I will give one example, but I'd rather not spoil it for everyone. When WU came out, before I was a developer, I made a handy spreadsheet that has all of this information listed - mostly because I was curious.

Diabolist = black tome of magiclibram of the nightwhite cherryuttacha slime

This is only one configuration. There are others. :)

I could be wrong, but I can easily spawn these later on Test and double check. I'm also 100% sure I've seen folks with this title in-game. I didn't pay much mind to titles after becoming a developer, the list was made purely as a player looking to solve all of the mysteries of Wurm. ;)

5 minutes ago, Keenan said:

@asdf

I will give one example, but I'd rather not spoil it for everyone. When WU came out, before I was a developer, I made a handy spreadsheet that has all of this information listed - mostly because I was curious.

I could be wrong, but I can easily spawn these later on Test and double check. I'm also 100% sure I've seen folks with this title in-game. I didn't pay much mind to titles after becoming a developer, the list was made purely as a player looking to solve all of the mysteries of Wurm. ;)

I personally would appreciate a test, I'd like to know if it's literally impossible or just... practically impossible ;)

thanks, Keenan.

11 minutes ago, Xalorum said:

I personally would appreciate a test, I'd like to know if it's literally impossible or just... practically impossible ;)

thanks, Keenan.

One fire at a time. Bridges is down... does that mean I'm burning bridges? ... Dev humor ftw ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keenan said:

One fire at a time. Bridges is down... does that mean I'm burning bridges? ... Dev humor ftw ;)

no hurry.  I still need to make a caravel, fantastic item, and convince someone (coughnadrojcough) to let me be king for 1 second.

@Keenan

With the code i'm reading, if you have 2 black titles, you get a Witch Doctor (14)/Night Hag (4, female) ;) And if you have 3 black titles, you get Death Knight (17)/Demon Queen (36).

Code below (Abilities.java). If the most recent WO release is different than this, then obviously this bug report is invalid.

else if (isBlack) {
            if (performer.getSex() == 1) {
                if (black == 2) {
                    return 4;
                }
                if (black == 3) {
                    return 36;
                }
            }
            else {
                if (black == 2) {
                    return 14;
                }
                if (black == 3) {
                    return 17;
                }
            }
            if (nums == 4) {
                performer.achievement(331);
                return 18;
            }
            performer.achievement(329);
            return 38;
        }

Edited by asdf

29 minutes ago, asdf said:

@Keenan

With the code i'm reading, if you have 2 black titles, you get a Witch Doctor (14)/Night Hag (4, female) ;) And if you have 3 black titles, you get Death Knight (17)/Demon Queen (36).

Code below (Abilities.java). If the most recent WO release is different than this, then obviously this bug report is invalid.

isBlack means you have more black abilities than any other abilities.

nums is your total ability count, not your total black count.

In that section of code, you have nums, black, red, rest respectively. :)

On 5/16/2016 at 0:19 PM, Keenan said:

@asdf

I see you went over this in #wurm, but to reiterate for those just reading this thread: Because of the ordering of the code, there is no way to get Diabolist. In the example given, you would receive one of the titles for having used two black items.

well hopefully in the next update this will be fixed..  I came across this problem myself

+1 to fixing it!

It was explained to me that this is a simple fix as it is just the code not continuing after it succeeds a check for 3 items. Is it not that simple @Keenan?