Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

Wheeler facts thread

Hijacked is a rather unfair and outlandish term to use. An accusation was made about pvp players, my kingdom in particular, which relates to the possibility of making paaweelr priests for everyone in Freedom. I responded to that accusation to point out that it is, in fact, false. As well as to assure people that they actually can get to the Altar of Three on Chaos without being needlessly hunted, but that they will have to outrun kingdom guards as i have no control over NPCs. That's on topic, not a hijack, this hostility seems rather peculiar considering, as a pvp player, i'm meant to be the horrible one apparently >.>

• Like 6

Let's not dirty the sandbox folks.

The White Light is land-locked on Chaos, but I'm pretty sure if you openly declare your intentions then folks will let you pass. Just don't run toward any villages (you won't last long against guards and templars anyway). On the journey to the white light on Chaos, it isn't the PvP players you need to worry about - it's the trolls. The actual trolls. And if you're in an enemy kingdom, there's no one there to take them off you. ;)

• Like 1

So many trolls!

Also the odd nogump and drake spirit, they seem to like hanging out at the white light.

• Like 1

Not a bad spell list at all. Looks like for combat they are a buffer with ice pillar. Oakshell is insane levels good in PVE and pretty rocking in PvP if you can avoid disenchant. Adding Willowspine and Hells Strength to it covers most of the good Fo buffs.

Overall I think.... meh. Healing is better. But you also get Dirt, Courier, Wild Growth and LT. That covers most good Fo non-combat spells other than Genesis.

Then you add in Web Armor and Nimbleness. Two first rate enchants that DON'T require linking.

Not taking into account sac items, passive abilities, and limitations this looks like a priest for people who want Fo Buffs but a better set of non-combat spells.

Sac items are both Vynora and Magranon  (wood and metal)

I am still learning the priest stuff, so that means yoyo's and door locks, right?

And torches.  And as with any priest, cordage ropes work as well.

And FYI, Hell Strength is a Libila spell, not Fo :P

Edited by Wargasm

I know that. But Forest Giant's Strength is a Fo Spell. I believe they are practically the same spell with a different name? 

As to the sac items. As someone who's admittedly biased because I had high farming and cloth tailoring on my Fo priest I don't like either of those sac items. I guess it's cool you get options but both of those options seem inferior to cloth squares.

That makes Fo a better dirt factory / better with all the shared non-combat spells though Nahjo is still the ultimate dirt factory.

Edited by Eldurian
  • Like 1

I'm more curious about the restrictions.  Can they dig, can they mine, etc.

torches too... hmmm... I don't suppose that means mallets would work?

Technically anything wooden or metal would offer double favor, it's just that certain things offer the best effort to get price value ratio. Such as Torches/Yoyos and Door Locks.

The combination of woodcutting and Wild Growth is pretty damn awesome. That's a very complimentary skill/spell which makes wooden sac items slightly less awful.

Yeah but if they can't mine but can sacrifice locks for double favor, that's a little unusual.

• Like 1

Ah well. At least they are well set up for yo-yo making.

On 6/5/2016 at 10:03 AM, Galadhel said:

another thread hijacked by PvPers...you really dont need to wonder why nobody wants to play Wurm PvP judging from the behaviour of so many PvP players on the forums (and no, im not saying everyone playing on PvP is like that)

it wasnt hijacked by PvPers, it was MADE BY PVPERS

IM A PVPER

I MADE THIS THREAd

so ###### off

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

it wasnt hijacked by PvPers, it was MADE BY PVPERS

IM A PVPER

I MADE THIS THREAd

so ###### off

calm down :-)

its not a matter of either/or...its both....been created and been hijacked by a PvPer. the point wasnt who created the posting, but what the OP was about

the difference is, that you posted a thread that totally wasnt PvE nor PvP based and then it turned into the usual PvE vs. PvP battle as with so many other topics that dont have anything to do with PvP in itself.

Why does it always have to turn out this way, huh ?

furthermore my posting wasnt directed at you, but at Nadroj

• Like 1

In future i'll be sure to let people believe lies relevant to the OP and not point out that circumstances relating to the OP are not what some may believe /sarcasm . For clarity, i feel it is fair to relate events to do with the Altar of Three on Chaos as being relevant to "Wheeler Facts". Furthermore i believe the ability to use said altar and access it unmolested should be information people have in a "Wheeler facts" thread, much more so if an uninformed player has posted false information on the subject. I shouldn't need to explain to you why this isn't me creating a pvp vs pve environment in this thread, that is what you are doing with your unnecessary, off topic, derailing jabs at the pvp community.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nadroj said:

..... jabs at the pvp community.

Yeah, nice try. In no way did i attack the pvp community as a whole...only such individuals that turn every thread into a PvE vs. PvP fight....and im pretty sure you even read that in my OP. But yeah, nice try really.

p.s.: im off the derailing train now....take it wherever you like

Edited by Galadhel

On 6/5/2016 at 9:03 AM, Galadhel said:

another thread hijacked by PvPers...you really dont need to wonder why nobody wants to play Wurm PvP judging from the behaviour of so many PvP players on the forums (and no, im not saying everyone playing on PvP is like that)

Yes, you did.

On 6/4/2016 at 10:52 PM, ClericGunem said:

I have a follower, as far as i can tell and have heard PvPers are trying to prevent anyone outside of chaos from getting Paaweelr priest, which if true is one of the most retarded ways to getting people interested in PvP i have ever heard.  If wheeler is a PvP priest you would think they would let PvEers convert and priest so they would want to got to Chaos to try.

Adding, i personally was going to give PvP another shot at some point until i heard that crap, now i know i do not want to play in that kind of place.

lets be honest here you weren't going to come to chaos anyway with a 20+ fs toon anyway, so quit talking the BS and take a seat.

1 minute ago, TradingAlt said:

lets be honest here you weren't going to come to chaos anyway with a 20+ fs toon anyway, so quit talking the BS and take a seat.

i have 20fs rats are tough man if i had drake things would go differently between me and those rats

knowing that one day that

Nadroj

will chase me after me when I head for the white light on chaos fills me with

determination

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TradingAlt said:

You know everything eh big boy?  going to talk trash nearly a week after post, after it is obvious i have not posted anything else?

Well i have a little energy back and going to set this straight, does not matter really, but i prefer my last post to be complete   I have avoided getting into the PvE vs PvP arguments because I did not want to burn bridges even up to the last, but obviously there was no reason as you PvPers are biggest whiners of any game i have ever played in and it is *THAT* reason i changed my mind about even trying again.  All anyone has to do it click on you rnames and look at the stuff you say to know the truth

I had begun to get an idea the PvPers on Chaos were a little better than Epic, t turns out that Chaos is a bad or worse in its own way than Epic and  my time on Epic was just bad.  While in Epic there were one maybe two people who may have been good people the vast majority represented the worse players i had ever run into, whether they were farming newbies for affinities (not fresh rolls, but people where were trying to get skills to par and who the douches believed had passed the FS mark), whether it was Nahjo "not going to take your stuff, just want your affinities" (paraphrased) or one of the others attacking a prospective POK that they claimed they wanted to give a chance to get started before it had even the basics of defense or hell even enough beds for the citizens.  It went down hill from there.... 

i have at least 2 friends Chaos and i do in fact have an alt on Chaos, his prem is up in i think a few days and i have already logged in got my gift and do not plan to log into him again, ever; he is not going to do my priest a lot of good at the WL as he is hots and my priest-to-be is not..

I do not care for the PvP in wurm, but hearing friends talk it up i was interested in going to try one more time. i had tried talking my guild into playing wurm a long time ago when it became obvious that only way to play was with a gank group, but only 1 in 20 liked it, but having to go dig and mine (i.e. PvE) for 3-4 month to reach a competitive level was too much for them, besides there is no way i could talk a percentage of a PvP guild to come play Wurm PvP when i cannot stomach it myself.  We are split across a dozen games waiting to go to Camelot Unchained, this could have been a possible stop on that path (way too late as CU is few months away), but one look at the count of PvPers (in the server status) and then the weekly news and various threads and it is clear that nearly half the PvPers make up the majority of whining, QQ, and trolling and the kill post shows there is no real action happening, ever. 

So you go ahead and toss out insults, none of you are worth fighting, the only PvP you do is on the forums and can barely manage that without a gank-group, it is obvious to me that most of you (not all, some obvious exceptions) represent the worst of the worst players and PvPers and probably only reason you have stayed with Wurm because you cannot survive playing a real PvP game (you know where skill is important) not where you chop trees, dig, mine, perfectly safe stuff to build stats so you can roll your dice at someone else.  Hell i can at least respect the ones who built there own characters.

As for never sending char to Chaos with 20fs, well i still plan to send about half my alts over (once i have leveled their FS) to pick a fight to reset their crappy affinities, but hell no i was not sending my mains over. 

My complaint was that while looking for a PvE priest to convert i was trolled by probably some of the douchebags in this thread or those trying to derail the weekly news and patch note threads, though maybe not, those of you spend all your time whining on the forums cannot form a coherent argument and need some lessons in insults and trash talk (see if you can find examples in hear to for future reference on the subject).  By the time i posted on the forums i was already angry and tired of it. Trying to help people out and getting trolled by a bunch of whining nothings.  I never complained about players trying to kill my alts, but the fact that i would have to coordinate kiting the guards away to get my priest in there for the couple secs it takes to become priest.  I wasted most of a day walking down there on a freshroll and then trying to figureout how to kite the guards away.

I offered apologies (a nice way of insincere sorry) for hurting some precious little feelings to the king of nothing, but not sorry.  The lack of reading and listening skills among PvPers is truly Epic.  So what now, going to call me names (sooo original)? call me a liar (cause you know ever'thing)?  or let me guess, give up and trash talk my spelling or grammar?  or claim you never read any of this and i suck cause i reads and rites to much word thingies?  

The best thing, *THE* best thing that Rolf could do for this game is remove Chaos and dump you little wannabies into Epic (cause you is sooo hardcores, you no need PvE zones to be so hardcores), Epic deserves the fresh meat (all 10-15 of the actual PvPers) and it will be entertaining to see you QQ about getting raided and cannot run away to PvE land with your good gear.  Most of you Chaos PvPers would get facerolled by the guys that are (or were) on Epic simply because they seemed to fight more and talk less (see this is trash talking examples, not checking my facts, but i "know" a lot of you suck due to the amount of whining you do so i make an "assumption" and insult at the same time)...unfortunately i suppose this being an RMT game he has to put up with you to a certain extent, if Rolf ever makes the PvP about actual skill (real PvP involves actually moving your mouse and things like aiming and dodging) most of you will leave anyway.

And you *still* have not tried to help the Wiki guys with a screenshot of the spell list or verified facts (slow clap) and that would have been an easy way to throw some discredit at me, hell i soft-balled that one in there.

• Like 2