Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

[Implemented] Make off-deed lamps only light at night.

as you know.. outside of caves, if you fill and light a planted off deed lamp, it's lit until it runs out of fuel.
Within a settlement, they only light at night. (even without a Templar.)

Could we make the outdoor off-deed lamps behave in the same way as on-deed?
Sure they'll still run out of fuel but they'll last twice as long.

I believe we'll be much more likely to manually refill them if they last twice as long.
The roads between settlements could be lit up.. at the moment it's simply too much maintenance.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 3

With the way deeds tend to lamps now i would say just cut the fuel cost on lamps if nothing else. 

Why not make it so that every lamp you place runs off of oil placed in barrels on your deed?

Off-deed lamps need to take way less damage. They benefit players and look nice; there's no reason for this horrible decay. Now regarding having them go off in the day, I can see the fuel savings, but when I run around in the day or night, if I see one not lit, I fill it. If they're off in the day, it will be hard to know that they've run out of fuel. Can we just get a break with these off-deed lamps? Tree-lined roads and nicely lit roads I think are a nice feature. I remember a nice oak-lined road (now ruined by my griefer neighbor) was the thing that made me enchanted with Wurm in the first place.

+1 because the *spirit* Templar union already steals oil for lamps from oil barrel on deed for a certain radius, while the Templar on deed some how manages without using oil.  I think the thieving Templar should be forced to turn the lamps on/off as part of their duties, especially if they are stealing oil from a deed

Ha Steveleeb! I suggested just this several years ago and although it seems a very sensible idea to save fuel and the lighting effect, you can currently see the results. What are they? Yea, that's my point.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

+1 or the fuel reduction.

Lamps are lovely, lighting/snuffing each day, not so much.

Just last night in Freedom chat people were talking about lamps along roads, and how much they liked having them. Someone mentioned how I had 53q lamps all over in the southwest. They started out at 70q. Not long ago. It makes the roads look lovely and makes the game more enjoyable.

Would be nice if we could also set on-deed lamps to be lit during the day and night, as well. For example, it would be nice if I could have a brazier lit all the time, not just at night.

• Like 2

On 03/02/2017 at 3:16 PM, Retrograde said:

Blessed Lamps

A long standing request is for a way for off deed lamps to autolight. While the suggestion usually considers courier or light token, we've decided to go with bless, as this is available to all priests. Lamps on a paved tille and bless will auto light and not use fuel. This means that highways and off deed areas can remain lit at nights, and provide a much improved experience when travelling.

There's some ideas for tunnels, but nothing is set in stone yet, we'll continue to discuss the possibilities and will provide info when it comes.

We of course spend a lot of time discussing suggestions, and many of them are good ideas, and would mesh well with the game. The reality of the situation is however many suggestions are incredibly expansive, or require significant investment of dev time, or simply aren't a priority or the focus of the dev team at the moment. We appreciate all time taken to suggest things, and look forward to not aonly seeing more suggestions and discussions, but also to seeing them come into the game!