Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Australia came second in Eurovision

A while ago I said that that hell may freeze over before Australia wins Eurovision...we came second this year!  Well done Dami!  :D

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 4

EUROvision and Australia - where this world is heading to? :)

GRATS!!!

• Like 3

Racists(continentist) I say. Europeans didn't want someone out of europe winning their prize contest. Shame on you all!

Edited by Milosanx
  • Like 2

Political song contest. Jurymen suck like always.... nvm. Congratz to Australia for second place and good song.

Edited by Ibexx
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Milosanx said:

Racists(continentist) I say. Europeans didn't want someone out of europe winning their prize contest. Shame on you all!

Grats was not sarcastic from me - a real one :)

• Like 1

I'm still baffled as to how Australia was even involved. Expected them to win it with the way things were going, but IMO Ukraine or Russia deserved it the most this year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

I'm still baffled as to how Australia was even involved.

And Israel?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ibexx said:

And Israel?

Doesn't strike me as nearly so odd, for whatever reason.

• Like 1

I just cant imagine that feeling when you are on top the whole time and last votes just destroy you and suddenly you are not the greatest. 

• Like 1

All continents were together a bit of time ago. Just travelled away a bit since.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlackDeathDragon said:

Australia and europe are two seperate continents. 

You're confusing Australia and Austria. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Emoo said:

You're confusing Australia and Austria. 

You are confusing Earth with Mars

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BlackDeathDragon said:

Go "Eurovision"... although i though eurovision only included countries in Europe?

Maybe it's because Australia belonged to the British Empire a long long time ago, and they've never gotten over losing that continent and so they still try to consider it part of Europe to claim pseudo-ownership. Lol

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

Well done Australia!

Australia were given a special entry to Eurovision to 'celebrate' the 60th anniversary of the competition but not sure why they were chosen before others. Rumour has it that USA is going to have something to do with the event next year, whether it be taking part or 'behind the scenes'.

Not sure what it means when the juries all vote for Ukraine and the 'peoples' vote for Russia' apart from saying that it hides a real problem in this part of the world..

Well then it wouldn't be "Eurovision" anymore but would be the same as any other singing competition but hey more songs for us ... :)

• Like 1

It has little at best to do with Europe, but more about being part of the broadcasting union that televises the songcontest. Any one who broadcasts it is considered eligible for the contest. So in theory any state could have an entry, even a radical Islamic one. Mmmmmmm 

6 hours ago, Postinglels said:

It has little at best to do with Europe, but more about being part of the broadcasting union that televises the songcontest. Any one who broadcasts it is considered eligible for the contest. So in theory any state could have an entry, even a radical Islamic one. Mmmmmmm 

• Like 1

On 15/05/2016 at 1:59 AM, Delacroix said:

I'm still baffled as to how Australia was even involved. Expected them to win it with the way things were going, but IMO Ukraine or Russia deserved it the most this year.

Afaik it will eventually become a global contest with even more countries involved. That means more songs and an even crazier event, which would be cool :3 just so long as we don't have to listen to all 200+ jury votes get announced one by one...

Next year winner will be from New Zeland, song will be about USrael terror in Syria- hahahahahaa

8 hours ago, Docterchese said:

Afaik it will eventually become a global contest with even more countries involved. That means more songs and an even crazier event, which would be cool :3 just so long as we don't have to listen to all 200+ jury votes get announced one by one...

If the contest were to grow larger then you'd expect that there would be more qualifier nights before the main event due to the time constraints. 

Heh, I was sleeping when the show was on.  Guess Aussies won't be a-votin' when the popstars be a-singin'.  The newspapers here were all full of "Nobody really knows how or why Australia got an entry, but hey, let's just roll with this!" lol.