Sign in to follow this  
spellcast

May Event: Independence Server: Now running

Now running, examine the sign cleverly and originally named "May Hunt Event - Examine me to begin" located just across from the token at the howel to begin.

The event is a scavenger hunt, you will have to find items and present them in order to progress.

-note- nothing used in this event will be taken from your inventory, you simply have to have the item active when presenting it at the trigger points.

Regarding prizes:

Due to the.... Impromptu... nature of this event* and the way I have set it up there will not be prizes based on how fast you complete it.

Instead I am going to try a slightly larger participation reward and see how that goes.

There is an Achievement specifically for this hunt for those who like to collect such things.

I'm hoping that without the timed prizes there will be a more relaxed feel to this one as well. It will be possible to do a bit at a time if desired and then return to it later.

-*(It has been hectic in GM land, Enki had not had a chance to even begin setting up anything and I didn't know if I would have time available until the day before I started this thread) 

OK, I am thinking this will be run at 6PM UTC on Saturday the 21st. 

I am not yet sure what sort of prize distribution we will be using for this one, Still discussing that with enki, but everyone who completes it will of course get an oddball item just for participating.

I have a bit of time again, not a lot mind you, but enough to put together a small hunt event for this month and let enki take a break.

The event will take place on Indy, and start in the howl, Players will need to gather there in order to begin.

I'm keeping the details of this one quiet, but I did learn from enki's horse race that spawning waves of mobs during the event is probably a bad idea, so we won't be doing that. 

The event will run on either the 21st or 22nd as that is the weekend I have off -  with a specific date/time to be announced (hopefully) by monday the 16th.  

Stay tuned for further details.

• Like 9

Phew, this is Vali's event so we won't have to die :P

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 2

Good to see you active, Vali/Spellcast! :)

Welcome back :) I see my brain will be boiling again trying to solve the riddles. ..

but... but... why not both ? waves of monsters AND riddles! A true Darwinian experience to seek the survival of the fittest!

• Like 1

Maybe will be attending. I might have something to do during that time though on another server. 

OK, I am thinking this will be run at 6PM UTC on Saturday the 21st. 

I am not yet sure what sort of prize distribution we will be using for this one, Still discussing that with enki, but everyone who completes it will of course get an oddball item just for participating.

On 5/15/2016 at 4:38 AM, Odynn said:

but... but... why not both ? waves of monsters AND riddles! A true Darwinian experience to seek the survival of the fittest!

*Puts a bag over Odynn's head and drags him off into the forest until after the event* There's nothing to read here - move on. Magy will enjoy an event without death.  Except maybe Odynn...  heh

well, since there is so much support for massive waves of monsters, I'll go ahead and add them.... but only if the character stepping on the trigger is odynn.  Lol

Updated OP with some minor details.

On 5/14/2016 at 3:42 AM, spellcast said:

Due to the.... Impromptu... nature of this event* and the way I have set it up there will not be prizes based on how fast you complete it.

Instead I am going to try a slightly larger participation reward and see how that goes.

So there's hope since I'm not home on Saturday! Will I be able to do the event on Sunday and still get a participation reward too? 

• Like 1

Yes Kasumi, The event will be able to be started for at least a couple of days, probably a week.

• Like 1

Where do we gather for the event? Time is due in 2h 12min 

6 minutes ago, zigozag said:

Where do we gather for the event? Time is due in 2h 12min 

The event will take place on Indy, and start in the howl, Players will need to gather there in order to begin.

• Like 1

Sounds fun, omw to participate right now

Edited by Nocturnes

A treasure hunt that wants you to create items for it. in an area that has no open mines?  And people selling the quest items at freedom docks.  Not doing this. Were heading home.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nightbreed said:

A treasure hunt that wants you to create items for it. in an area that has no open mines?  And people selling the quest items at freedom docks.  Not doing this. Were heading home.

The items don't get used up and there's mailboxes nearby.