Sign in to follow this  
Cake

Cake's Wurm Art Adventures

Hello \o/

I'm Cake, a newb who joined looking to live the fabulous life of a peasant or something. I'm an artist irl so I thought it would be fun to get back into medieval-style work, something I've done before and enjoyed quite a bit.

Here's a 'tapestry' I drew which took forever.

26390496754_057ff5cd45_b.jpg

I noticed some old medieval art up on walls in-game already. I kind of wish I could do custom banners in Wurm, but it's understandable why this feature isn't in place.

26392394373_aee99a4868_o.png

So this thread is going to be sort of an art-journal, documenting my serf, what she looks like, does, the village, etc. I hope you'll tune in and enjoy!

PS, I absolutely LOVE Wurm's music, 'In Your Eyes' is my favorite.

Edited by Cake
  • Like 1

whats a "serf" and whats the story behind those tapestries? :) (and you never know, the devs are quite close to the community here and I think specially the first tapestry looks game worthy tbh)

A serf, back in the feudal days, worked on a lord's farmland in exchange for protection. See here for info.

These tapestries are to show a dark friendship between two men. The characters are both pretty violent. 

The appearance of these two men in the drawings reflects their personalities. In the second drawing, they travel to another town to collect on a debt owed to them, but the debtors make excuses about where the gold has gone. Obviously they're lying, because there's bags of gold on the ground around them.

The first picture also has a callback to Egypt's Narmer Palette. On the Narmer Palette, a pharoh is shown to have not only defeated his enemies, but decapitated them and lined up their bodies for systematic disposal. Ancient Egyptians were really big on putting things in their right places.

I'm going to draw my serf next.

Edited by Cake

26725667690_e267b25e01_b.jpg

Here's my serf. She lives in Diesal Town where she's training to be a priestess. Here's an inset for detail-

26393755064_fb2f9dbacd_b.jpg

I'm kind of psyched because I tried some new PS ink brushes for this picture. They gave it the messiness old bibles used to have in their drawings.

Hey you can come live the life of a peasant in my village.  It's a castle village, and fittingly enough, I'm the King. lol

Haha! Well I'm happy to do 'engraving' drawings for anybody who's got the silver.

Your art is amazing!!!  I would love to have more choices for artwork and tapestries for my Wurm homes.