Just now, Retrograde said:

The answer is, depends!

We're curious to see how well this one goes, the difficulty, and the scale. Loot will always draw people in, so we're not fullly decided just yet

Nobody seems to want to reply

Why should we do hota and risk our gear/lives/affinities/work/rep when we can go pve'ing? Why is moon metal being distrubted like this? Do you have hota changes planned? Can you clear all hota zones?

53 minutes ago, Keenan said:

It was stated when WU was released that this was a possibility. Just like WU servers can have their own custom mods, so too can Wurm Online.

Plus a lot of WU gamers want to mod the game to fit the single-player and small servers playstyle and don't want the WO experience

Also the same with WO gamers which want their game more geared for their large community

Majority of WU and WO players want both WU/WO to succeed 

Edited by enoofu

1 minute ago, Mclovin said:

Nobody seems to want to reply

Why should we do hota and risk our gear/lives/affinities/work/rep when we can go pve'ing? Why is moon metal being distrubted like this? Do you have hota changes planned? Can you clear all hota zones?

they'll also be on pvp servers,and dont expect huge amounts coming from these.seryll units will drop from 1 kg to .2 kgs per unit as well

Hota changes have been thrown around, and may be included in either a simple reworking of the zone, or mechanics update

• Like 1

Please for the love of god do not put rifts on pvp clusters, it's literally just another way for people who don't pvp but play on our server to get the same benefits of those who do pvp and play the server as intended. 

Edited by Josh

37 minutes ago, Kegan said:

Oh the WU players are going to be upset but that is a great move keeping them to WO only, lol

I don't think you have a very firm grasp on WU players. I play WU for fun, weekly dragon raids, fun times.  Id wager people confuse WO drama with WU all the time. WU is just a fun place and a chill time. Too many servers out there to claim everyone will get upset.

All about being as "dude" as possible. Good times and chill people, that is the WU server I play on. I am glad WO is getting updates, WO needs them. Cheers.

• Like 3

Black is Black!  That is fantastic :) 

Great update overall and I'm more excited than I've been since the release of Xanadu. 

Biggest concern is the rifts scaling to number of people in very immediate local, to keep it somewhat balanced.  Also the loots.  Tons of special metals and equip are instantly devauled, if too much is given out from rifts.

I like craftable shoulders and jewels, but there is also some fun being able to win special items that nobody can just spam craft and flood the markets.

• Like 1

Also, when factoring in the contribution, do healers and other non-direct-damage spells factor in?  How about pets?  If I use my karma to summon a warg, does the warg damage benefit me?  How about a tank?  Does their sacrifice in amount of damage dealt add to benefit in damage absorbed?

I'd love to see players really work in a team effort, without sacrificing their chances for great reward.  Otherwise it is just a whack fest, everyone fighting to get their hits.  In unique hunts, we get limited on how many players can actively target.  But in unique hunts, you can land your hit and back away, knowing that you are eligible for the loot roll, where here, rewards increase the more you hit it seems.  No reason to back away and let someone else get a hit, unless you are just super awesome and nice.

1 minute ago, Wurmhole said:

Also, when factoring in the contribution, do healers and other non-direct-damage spells factor in?  How about pets?  If I use my karma to summon a warg, does the warg damage benefit me?  How about a tank?  Does their sacrifice in amount of damage dealt add to benefit in damage absorbed?

I'd love to see players really work in a team effort, without sacrificing their chances for great reward.  Otherwise it is just a whack fest, everyone fighting to get their hits.  In unique hunts, we get limited on how many players can actively target.  But in unique hunts, you can land your hit and back away, knowing that you are eligible for the loot roll, where here, rewards increase the more you hit it seems.  No reason to back away and let someone else get a hit, unless you are just super awesome and nice.

...or dead :D

Returning wood colour with new shaders sounds good, hopefully pastel animals will follow :D

• Like 5

I'm amazed by this, way to go guys - didn't realize it was so in depth!

Also +1 for Wurm Online only!

• Like 1

I've been pulled into WU by my wife - but it is fun to play both, even now both are running here...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kegan said:

Oh the WU players are going to be upset but that is a great move keeping them to WO only, lol

Yep, this is a VERY smart move.  WO desperately needs incentives to play WO vs WU.  

• Like 3

Pretty good news since the Render and the new graphic format importer have both been limiting factors for WU mods

Hopefully the graphic exporter will be coming soon also

Each wave requires the sacrifice of hearts butchered from the mobs to summon the next wave

So mouth breathers or grievers can butcher the corpses with 1 butchering, and screw the whole event?

I have some questions, will the rifts be placed in starter towns or is it random like uniques?

Also I'm guessing the the loot similar to bloods - or is it based on how much you contribute to the encounters damage,healing?

I'd rather the moon metal be disabled on Epic. We're already saturated with the stuff, and it's supposed to be a rare little perk rather than an outright requirement. People already have so much of it that they're making jewelry and candelabras from it, and right now it's just another layer of DR to protect the vets from those filthy newbies who would try to compete with them.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Fawkes said:

I'd rather the moon metal be disabled on Epic. We're already saturated with the stuff, and it's supposed to be a rare little perk rather than an outright requirement. People already have so much of it that they're making jewelry and candelabras from it, and right now it's just another layer of DR to protect the vets from those filthy newbies who would try to compete with them.

Sounds like you don't want new people to pvp or something. Epic has hardly anyone playing anyways, this is a good place to start.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Niki said:

Sounds like you don't want new people to pvp or something. Epic has hardly anyone playing anyways, this is a good place to start.

new people aren't going to contest vets in moon gear for rifts lol it's just going to benefit whoever has the largest group close enough

remove moon metal rewards from it and make them elevation only as far as epic goes

• Like 3

What I want to know is when are you going to give us WU modders the Wom converter this would be some great news. I still can add models in with the dae format but would be nice to be able to keep them all under the same format.

• Like 4

Are the shoulder slots going to be available ONLY throu the rifts? If they are and only drop from rift mobs are they going to be nontransferable?

Reason I ask is that for those of use that don't belong to some elite kill squad that ( if they are tradeable ) selling these for outrageous amounts will they be available from crafting?

3 hours ago, Kegan said:

Not really, because im not into war pvp etc, so no great loss

• Like 1

That’s not all though, once a rift is closed, participants will also have the chance to receive metal lumps, including Seryll, Adamantine, and Glimmersteel! The more you input, the greater the chance of it being rare or better too.

Why not give out single-charge Val items instead of this? If your so keen on devaluing things - makes sense to me to actually make the rewards interesting.

What rewards are possible?

Each creature killed has a small chance of dropping loot directly into the killers inventory, as the difficulty increases with each wave, the strength of the loot does too

2 hours ago, Pride said:

Does this mean anyone attacking the monster, or whoever gets the last hit?

thinking the same

I would have very much liked to see the shoulder pads being a high-end craftable item, instead of a drop.

Old, skilled players don't have any high-end content to motivate them keep playing, after some point there's nothing left than useless grinding (99.9998 milking anyone?), coming after years and years of grinding.

Rifts and socketing gems - they remind me of features from other games  ...

• Like 4

I think i just died and went to haven..

Nice job people...:wub::D