Hota changes have been thrown around, and may be included in either a simple reworking of the zone, or mechanics update

Like the biggest step you could do atm is make the hota zone sand. It's all we want. It's not a hard task for gms or is it? [no tools to paint land?]

The second thing, when both sides have capped a total of 3 pillars between them, there should only be 1 pillar, sometimes we find this pillar and wait by it knowing it's the last one [or so we should] but for w/e reason another pillar is available to cap, stop this from happening and you'll have more contest at pillars.

Also, grant the holder of the pillar a CR buff like a warcamp, a small radius of 15 tiles x 15 - to promote staying at a pillar.

Boost the rewards - Take away Depot or atleast the moon metals from Depot.

Make it so everytime theres a hota every kingdoms missions/god gives a side mission of "complete hota" this will reward pillar cappers with SP/sleep powder/karma - and give us a draw for valrei to the last pillar cappers god.

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 1

All in all I love the news nice adds to the game.

1st and best is the ability at long last to make protected (gated) exits from your protected under ground deed area.  In the past you had to pick only mine under my deed and be secure or extend mine to off deed and worry about someone mineing in some place.  The ability to control access to your underground area of your deed is a big plus as is the new buildings.  Now just add some farmable crops like mushrooms and some demesticatable underground criters like giant lizards to pull carts and live and feed underground.

On the possible good side is the add of enchanted jewelery at long last sadly though they are not craftable.  It would have been great to add a better reason for players to make high jeweler smithing characters.

On the I fear side is,  where are these invations going to take place?  How will we get there?  Please make it a teleport to a moon or a remote island for the battle ground.  If you make the spawn sight a random location there is the possiblity of the spawn being on or next to some players deed with little to no ability to protect him or her self from the event.  Leaveing them to not play for the extent of the event.  Worse would be a even over running a spawn area wipeing new players out in numbers.  The one thing we can ill aford is for the events to drive away new players who are not yet addicted to WURM like many of us old timers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devily said:

Wurm online only... soo what does wurm unlimited get? Shitty updates? 

WU stil gets base game updates. Just like other games that people pay b2p.

I really don't like WU's mentality. You guys want to make your own mods and pay nothing, but want to get WO stuff for free as well.

WO only is a great way to get people playing more WO. I may even prem up another character with this update. Great work guys!

• Like 6

• Yes, the game will be updates with fixes from the Wurm Online code which will remain the main development track.

Fixes -- The way this is worded. WU has been getting every fix that WO has been getting.

Seriously, you honestly think WU buyers should get everything from now on for one initial price?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Milosanx said:

WU stil gets base game updates. Just like other games that people pay b2p.

I really don't like WU's mentality. You guys want to make your own mods and pay nothing, but want to get WO stuff for free as well.

WO only is a great way to get people playing more WO. I may even prem up another character with this update. Great work guys!

Respectfully I think a key point was missed here.

The product was sold with a promise to keep getting the updates. It was part of the product. It's like buying a car, being told free oil changes for as long as you own the car then having that revoked after you bought it so oil changes are no longer free or even available to you.

It's not about getting things for free. We paid for the updates, it is part of the product. 

Edited by Nappy

1 hour ago, Milosanx said:

Fixes -- The way this is worded. WU has been getting every fix that WO has been getting.

Seriously, you honestly think WU buyers should get everything from now on for one initial price?

I didn't create the sale of WU, I didn't market it nor did I give the sales pitch. However I heard all of those things and believed them. So if someone decided to bundle the product this way that's on the decision maker not on the person who bought the product.

A second quote also shows that changes will come to WU first and then possibly go to WO as appropriate. With only the exception of security related code there has never, ever, been a comment related to items not going to WU.

How will this affect the development of the MMO?

• WU and WO share the same code, but the main branch is WO which means we will develop the WO server code first and then release on WU, except when there are features that are more appropriate to try on WU first. Such changes may be added to WO when we feel that they are tested properly. When it comes to the client, the code is also very much shared and improvements of for instance settings or rendering will be available for both within a fairly short time frame.

The "very short time frame" is also a term that has been getting a longer and longer definition lately. There have been times where it feels like a month has gone by before code made it from WO to WU.

Again, I purchased a product that came with lifetime updates. I didn't sell the product, I bought the product. Blaming me for expecting to receive what I purchased is pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

I also don't hate WO or have an axe to grind against WO. I would like it to do well. I just don't want it to accomplish that by stomping all over my rights.

• Like 4

Well I think WU is very attractive to some people, for a couple of months of equivalent WO prem you get a whole game and pay no more.  I bought it mainly just to support the company. Do I think it was a good idea, yes. But imo, WO is the main game and I'd like to see things that are restricted to WO. There needs to be things that you get for paying a premium. I have paid far more than the price of WU and gotten less. 

Everyone is talking about --- How can we get people back to WO and prem more characters. Well here it is....WO exclusive content, bring it on.

• Like 2

Well I think WU is very attractive to some people, for a couple of months of equivalent WO prem you get a whole game and pay no more.  I bought it mainly just to support the company. Do I think it was a good idea, yes. But imo, WO is the main game and I'd like to see things that are restricted to WO. There needs to be things that you get for paying a premium. I have paid far more than the price of WU and gotten less. 

Everyone is talking about --- How can we get people back to WO and prem more characters. Well here it is....WO exclusive content, bring it on.

Not saying I disagree with WO needing to do things to make it a real option to WU. I have even suggested more then a couple times on different things they could try, including if you search through the threads, monster invasions.

The problem is that Codeclub made a business decision to sell a product with full updates. I didn't make that decision, they did. Since they are competent in their domain to make business decisions about their products there shouldn't be a call to action from any players to support a company going back on their word especially when the reversal is targeting players who paid money in good faith.

• Like 4

awesome looking black there, can you guys please please pretty please look into the difficulty of black dye aswell?.  my last test only produced 1 90+q; black dye out of 100 good tannin tries

and also will we be getting white for them picket fences?

cant wait for rifts!

Great news about the renderer and cave dwellings! :D

I'm curious about 3D caves and also the larger mine entrances that had been suggested recently, are there any plans regarding these?

And as a WU only player I'm happy for WO to get Rifts; as long as WU keeps getting the sandbox updates, WO can have all the MMO updates. Regarding what we are really entitled to for purchasing WU I don't know, I never read the fine print. I just hope we don't ever get left out on the big features that really improve the core Wurm gameplay (like cave dwellings).

Anyways, thanks for your work Wurm team!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Keenan said:

If you mean WU - I'm working on getting a build environment set up, though it's not going to be by the 24th. For WO, we have some bugs open and could use a few folks that run Mac to help test and debug. You can email me at keenan@wurmonline.com if you're willing. I'll likely reach out tomorrow sometime :)

Though I meant WO, getting WU on the Mac would be nice. email sent :)

• Shoulder armour: Over a dozen different types of shoulder armours, each piece providing different bonuses to types of armour, and defences against types of attacks
  • Rings, bracelets and necklaces, granting individual bonuses and some allowing gems to be socketed, granting extra bonuses depending on which gem you use!

MORE RANDOM MODIFIERS?

YA, JUST WHAT WE NEED

What's the point of taking SoTG down a notch when you just get SoTG still, then get Smoke of Sol (obviously would take time, I know), then stack the right shoulders, and depending on what the gems do, just stack them too.

So now not only do you have Seryll/Glimmer/Ada Plate, Ada/Glimmer Weps, Rare/Supreme horse gear, Supreme boats..but now you have to get the right shoulders, get rings, bracelets, and necklaces to also stack on-top of that, yeah great idea.

Granted, nobody knows what these buffs do, because hahaha wheres the sandbox in that?  Information, whats that, xd?

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 2

"It also opens up the door for all the graphics stuff we’ve discussed in the past, such as returning wood colours via shaders, and various other nifty little things!"

Will this have any effect on the amount of textures we can have in the game? I remember one of the reasons we had to limit the new rare horse skins to 3 was because we had to be very sparing with textures. So does this possibly open up the opportunity to add some more horse skins in? :)

Edited by Malena
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Oreo said:
  • Shoulder armour: Over a dozen different types of shoulder armours, each piece providing different bonuses to types of armour, and defences against types of attacks
  • Rings, bracelets and necklaces, granting individual bonuses and some allowing gems to be socketed, granting extra bonuses depending on which gem you use!

MORE RANDOM MODIFIERS?

YA, JUST WHAT WE NEED

What's the point of taking SoTG down a notch when you just get SoTG still, then get Smoke of Sol (obviously would take time, I know), then stack the right shoulders, and depending on what the gems do, just stack them too.

So now not only do you have Seryll/Glimmer/Ada Plate, Ada/Glimmer Weps, Rare/Supreme horse gear, Supreme boats..but now you have to get the right shoulders, get rings, bracelets, and necklaces to also stack on-top of that, yeah great idea.

Granted, nobody knows what these buffs do, because hahaha wheres the sandbox in that?  Information, whats that, xd?

The simple reason is because these buffs arent set in stone, most of them are aimed around making lighter armours (cloth, leather, chain) more viable in certain situations (one example i gave was a shoulder set giving a 15% reduction in slash damage).

We'll be sharing the details once they become finalised, but our priority at the moment is making sure the mechanics behind rifts work, checking for bugs, functionality and ensuring that when they do go live, they dont break down.

There's also a lot of people talking about what was "promised" with WU. This rift or invasion system is simply a Wurm Online only event, Wurm Unlimited will still receive most content that comes to Wurm Online, Underground housing, the new rendering system, and various other updates will still come, as will others down the line.

We provide the tools to players and server owners to create their own events, and will be looking at improving things such as the mission ruler as time goes on, as well as the modding API but in some cases certain features will be designed specifically for Wurm Online, just as some are designed specifically for Wurm Unlimited.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Malena said:

"It also opens up the door for all the graphics stuff we’ve discussed in the past, such as returning wood colours via shaders, and various other nifty little things!"

Will this have any effect on the amount of textures we can have in the game? I remember one of the reasons we had to limit the new rare horse skins to 3 was because we had to be very sparing in the amount of textures we could have in the game, so does this possibly open up the opportunity to add some more horse skins in? :)

I certainly hope so! Though I'd like to see more variety in cows (Holstein Fresian!) and other creatures too!

A lot of the art stuff has been held back by this, so I'm keen to sit down with Saroman and work out just what's coming next (we're also working on something extra too!)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

We'll be sharing the details once they become finalised, but our priority at the moment is making sure the mechanics behind rifts work, checking for bugs, functionality and ensuring that when they do go live, they dont break down.

So are pvpers getting yet another "mystery" update for combat or will you actually share info about the new items prior to release?

Edited by Zekezor

4 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

So are pvpers getting yet another "mystery" update for combat or will you actually share info about the new items prior to release?

Nah man, they're not even sure what they're going to be.  But they're going to throw suggestions and the whole idea out there without context so we can give accurate feedback.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milosanx said:

Nice bulls....t right there.

If you want the support the game vote in to take away premium via ingame silver removal.

Problem solved and the fun can begin. More updates since rolf gets more cash in his pockets.. he might even hire more devs but just dont hope for it. He makes decisions even though he doesnt let us know about it. Hes ruining his own game like most devs do last 5 years.

6 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

They will be given prior to release

• Like 1

If all these buffs do is outright improve accounts (buff/ poison,water debuff ahahahaha) then seriously don't bother. Any buff should not be higher than 5% without some serious counter and that counter should be something that actually happens in combat ie you say 15% slash for cloth, I'd add a 20% crush counter and certainly don't make this whole thing a launch mystery. It's off putting 

What i really hate is that noone ever mentioned that the rift system would be just an "Event" and just for wo.

why didnt you guys said when you first announced it that it will never make its way to wu?

you had really a lot of time to explain and not "hey it will come in 2 weeks but all you 30000 buyers of wu will not see it!"

sorry but this is really bull.... like other people said!

so.. just gonna throw this out there.

have you thought about having these bonuses only impact combat with pve creatures?  any pvp combat wouldn't take into account the modifiers on the new gear.  no one wants another 3-4 items on an already ridiculously long list of requirements to pvp competitively.

then, both chaos/epic and freedom players are happy.

• Like 1

PvPers afraid cloth armor will be the new meta?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SeeD said:

cloth was nearly unbeatable at one point.

13 minutes ago, SeeD said:

5 or so years ago it had 100% glance rate on any form of sword.