1 minute ago, Zekezor said:

Well ######, i guess this is what happends when a "creative individual" start making an anti-cheat engine for WU...

Actually this was the plan from when Rifts were first designed out. Back in the dev chat, really - we knew that we would have to create features unique to Wurm Online. Wurm Unlimited is an unusual situation for any game developer to have as it's a game that directly competes with our other product. In contrast, we do plan on improving our support for Wurm Unlimited modding in the future. In this way neither product is being "abandoned", but they are being developed for their unique situations.

Your anti-cheat system, you may choose to release this or keep it for yourselves. As true with some features of Wurm Online. Rifts are not a sign that we are stopping WU updates, only that there will be features that stay in WO going forward. Which features those are and for how long they remain exclusive to Wurm Online will be decided by Rolf and Budda at that time and announced.

That's pretty much all I have to say on this. I hope to see folks testing this weekend!

• Like 5

Ah, now when this comes out I will reprem.

The rifts sound like good buisiness, especially for healers.

As someone who plays both, I welcome WO-exclusive content.

• Like 1

Just now, Mclovin said:

erm, so i guess when we can now pray at black lights

What about this

<21:07:21> "Mclovin[Solarblade]": [216:12] You start to pray at the altar of Magranon.
<21:07:24> "Mclovin[Solarblade]": [216:38] You finish your prayer to Tosiek.
<21:07:29> "Mclovin[Solarblade]": [216:38] You send your prayers to Magranon.

I do appreciate the bug report, though this is the wrong place for it. This bug has been reported and is scheduled to be fixed. :)

Thank you though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keenan said:

I do appreciate the bug report, though this is the wrong place for it. This bug has been reported and is scheduled to be fixed. :)

Thank you though!

Figured since you was here ;]

• Like 1

Any chance we will get a working version of the Mac client??? The 24th is not all that far away!

I also play both games, love both for very different reasons. Hail to exclusive content and features on both.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Keenan said:

So if PVE can get moon metals from Rifts, why are we pvpers risking our lifes/money/gear for hota?
Why even contest hota anymore?

Oh ps can epic elevation be sanded/clear cut by devs yet? you've ruined hota for us.

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mclovin said:

So if PVE can get moon metals from Rifts, why are we pvpers risking our lifes/money/gear for hota?

Hota lost its purpuse long ago when depots became more frequent, easier and rewarding....

Now we dont even need depots! home server people and freedomers can get it without risk.

Edited by Zekezor

19 minutes ago, Lothak said:

I would prefer getting materials to craft those pauldrons, rings, bracelets, necklaces and whatnot. I'm not talking from the perspective of a skilled player who wants to sell his services (since I play on Chaos), but crafting is a major part of this game and it would be a shame to leave it out of this.

Yes. It shouldn't be completed pieces that drop.  But receipes and parts to make it instead. 

Don't take our crafting away from us!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ohana said:

Yes. It shouldn't be completed pieces that drop.  But receipes and parts to make it instead. 

Don't take our crafting away from us!

That is the perfect idea. Makes it a more community like event as may need the involvement of hermit type crafters who don't go to these events.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wulfmaer said:

Any chance we will get a working version of the Mac client??? The 24th is not all that far away!

If you mean WU - I'm working on getting a build environment set up, though it's not going to be by the 24th. For WO, we have some bugs open and could use a few folks that run Mac to help test and debug. You can email me at keenan@wurmonline.com if you're willing. I'll likely reach out tomorrow sometime :)

Do you play the rifts alone or with/against other players?

Do you get teleported from  (xxxx) portal to a rift server or do we create a new account, similar to challenge?

Do our skills transfer if using a portal?

If that is the case, what are the implications of dying on such a server?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

Oh ps can epic elevation be sanded/clear cut by devs yet? you've ruined hota for us.

I've often wondered who contests these things and why they're just a tool for selling to freedom :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

What rewards are possible?

Each creature killed has a small chance of dropping loot directly into the killers inventory, as the difficulty increases with each wave, the strength of the loot does too

Does this mean anyone attacking the monster, or whoever gets the last hit?

can we get some numbers on amount of moon that will drop from these rifts? some examples maybe for different rewards to different groups?

10 players getting to wave 5

5 players getting to wave 5

50 players getting to wave 25

etc etc

just some examples please so we know what we're going to be dealing with

29 minutes ago, Keenan said:

It was stated when WU was released that this was a possibility. Just like WU servers can have their own custom mods, so too can Wurm Online.

Will WU be updated like the official server?

• Yes, the game will be updates with fixes from the Wurm Online code which will remain the main development track.

There's the actual quote from Rolf and the source is this web site. I fail to see any reference to not providing updates to WU.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alyeska said:

Do you play the rifts alone or with/against other players?

Do you get teleported from  (xxxx) portal to a rift server or do we create a new account, similar to challenge?

Do our skills transfer if using a portal?

If that is the case, what are the implications of dying on such a server?

They are non instanced group events

Had this point of view raised to me in a convo. Gotta agree with it.

"Person": "Each wave requires the sacrifice of hearts butchered from the mobs to summon the next wave"
"Person": why the ######
"Person": if they cant keep up
"Person": the rift should close
"Person": why the ###### would they make it like this

Maybe hota has lived out it's life with the rewards it gives out, maybe devs need to think of a better HOTA game.

will rifts scale with amount of people present or will it turn into another unique zergfest with no challenge?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nappy said:

Will WU be updated like the official server?

• Yes, the game will be updates with fixes from the Wurm Online code which will remain the main development track.

There's the actual quote from Rolf and the source is this web site. I fail to see any reference to not providing updates to WU.

The way I read that, myself, is that "fixes" will come from the WO code, not necessarily all new features added to WO.

• Like 2

A question I have not seen addressed is:

"How often will rifts crop up and how will their number be scaled to server size?  Are they going to turn into another dragon/unique server wide event or are they likely to be more common local events?"

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

most shoulder pieces buff lighter armours, cloth, chain, leather, so wont have much impact on pvp.

The other jewellery has slight bonuses to damage types or other factors, but is not yet nailed down, thus why we haven't included that info in this post

I don't mind adding stuff that can be used in PvP... but the current whole pvp system is disorganised unbalanced as it is.. or if this is a way of adding counters to specific things it's probably not the best way to approach it.

I'm sure it's possible to turn all the combat features off on PvP servers if it's too difficult to turn it off for PvE only..

Just now, Etherdrifter said:

A question I have not seen addressed is:

"How often will rifts crop up and how will their number be scaled to server size?  Are they going to turn into another dragon/unique server wide event or are they likely to be more common local events?"

The answer is, depends!

We're curious to see how well this one goes, the difficulty, and the scale. Loot will always draw people in, so we're not fullly decided just yet

• Like 1