Sign in to follow this  
Larwin

maps? i need help.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to display a map in my offline game. I know how to view the built in map but I want to be able to display the map like the ones other servers display online. I want to maybe try doing some gm stuff eventually. I just need to change the player setting to 5 i think. 

I tried downloading map viewer but seems I got the wrong program to unpack the jar file. I used win opener but it seems to unpack it wrong. or maybe I just don't understand how it works. I just want to display a map as I develop more in my game. so I can see where everything is in the world map. any help with this is appreciated. 

Those online live maps use a webserver. Usually can not be run from a persons PC unless u install some extra software, like IIS for windows.

well guess i will stick to playing without a map of my world. I can live with that. most this game is about exploring anyway.

If the map is located on your own hard drive, try this. 

You don't unpack the jar file. Instead, invoke it using "java -jar MapViewer-1.2.0.jar" (without the quotes of course). However, simply opening the Jar file should execute it as it will open using Java, IE it should run like any other executable file you have.

EDIT: If you right click and select Open With..., it should open with Java(TM) Platform SE Runtime as the default. If that is how it shows, double clicking it will open it like any other executable.

Edited by Audrel

More... LOL

You can also try this client mod that gives you a MineCraft like minimap.