Sign in to follow this  
Iberis

[old thread]

Hey everyone! Today our server has been updated to the latest version of wurm unlimited. This means several changes that you may or may not be familiar with and you can read all about them here in the patch notes. Changes do include boat speeds, prospecting, sleep bonus cooldowns, armour and a few other things.

While these changes are standard for wurm unlimited servers  we also have added a few extra tweaks and modifications of our own. I'm sure you have all noticed by now we are using Sindusks improved combat log and we also have an Info Tab to help players with links to important pages like our website, teamspeak or advertisements.

The biggest addition to our server is now our jousting mod! A player may craft a jousting lance out of wood and once mounted with a shield they may joust with other players by right clicking and selecting joust. When you are jousting you will gain body strength, body control and mind speed characteristic skills. You will also get polearms and longspear skill along with the shield skill of your choosen shield type.

Be warned that jousting is particularly dangerous and while we have skill loss on death turned off there is a chance your shield might shatter and lances will break often and take heavy damage when you strike your opponent. While jousting there is also a chance to knock your opponents helm off or even dismount them entirely. Not to mention various wounds. Have fun playing with this fun, new and exciting addition to our server!

We have also had a staff team shuffle today. Nightowl and Maratdesade have stepped down from the staff team and Pufflesprout and Melketh will now become the newest GMs on the server to help support our wonderful community. CA applications are currently open, please read more if you are interested here.

2znpgg4.jpg

Today we have two new CA's join our staff team! Rathsarian and Tebari!

Also congratulations to everyone who took part in the Red Dragon Slaying! It was a great fight and we nearly did not make it. So much death and chaos which made it so much fun. A great example of teamwork too with the light of fo and mass staminia casts. With Caltaza stepping in as our second tank last minute.

The stats for the fight can be found here. The fight itself took over half an hour!

wl9dz6.jpg

Where the dragon was fought now lies a memorial graveyard for the event ;)

727omc.jpg

• Like 1

This is a great server! And I really like that there are many players from a previous server on which I was playing.

Thanks Mizova for creating a server that is what most Wurmians want.

• Like 2

Just finished our Christmas event!

Fun and games at the spawn town with a scavenger hunt first of all followed by two rounds of hide and seek! Congrates to all the winners and some of those hiding spots were genious!

• Like 1

Just wanted to comment, the WL island you have is absolutely beautiful and a great idea! :D

Thankyou, was made by Anders :)

The idea to put it on an island was because at the time  the area around the WL was considered holyground and nobody could deed or build near it. Yet we wanted it near the spawn still so we decided to stick it in the lake so did not affect any of the nearby deeds ^^ We added in the mod to remove holyground but then decided to just keep the island

The community and staff at this server are absolutely fabulous. It's ruined me for other servers. They're friendly, welcoming, and endlessly helpful with my many questions.

If you've not yet played Wurm Online or Wurm Unlimited because you're hesitant because of the complexity and learning curve of these two games, or have been underwhelmed with your experiences on different servers, you have GOT to make Valoria your first stop. Wurm doesn't get any better than this.

• Like 1

Glad you are liking it Mokabee :)

Wurn Unlimited is a great game, but playing along with others and sharing the world with like-minded awesome people is what Valoria is all about ^^

Happy New Year everyone!

- We have had a revamp of our public mine.

- Suggestion thread is up for ideas for new horse names.

- Poll for the date of the red drake slaying is up!

We also have two new CA's appointed today. Congratulations to MrsBeasley and Nutty! :D

The boat race was a great sucess! Congratulations to our winners and everyone who took part. I have been able to make a video with the highlights of the race :D

Next weekend is Double Drake Sunday! Don't miss it Valorians! I'll also be there to film some more videos :)

Edited by Iberis

I would first like to say a big thankyou to everyone for being so patient during what is an incredibly tough time for me.

On Jan 30th my paypal account was locked/limited. This meant I could not send out payments causing my recurring bills to BlueFang (our host) to cancel. The reason for the lock was simply because during new EU laws passed meant my account needed more information. I am currently in contact with paypal and with bluefang. When I found out what the problem was I let everyone know on Valoria's forums.

I have the funds to get the server back up, my issue is that my account is locked. Since I'm in the process of unlocking it I saw little harm in waiting a couple of weeks to get this sorted rather then oweing anyone money. Two weeks is not that long and I thank everyone again who has been patient.

I am expecting to have the situation resolved by the end of the working week. If paypal are fast hopefully the server will be back up by Saturday. For now this is the best estimate I can give anyone.

Everything on the server is saved. I have been assured that no data at all has been lost and when the server reboots it will be from where it was left. 

After speaking to my GM team we will not be making the change to charge people silver for deeds when the server is back up again. The current free deeds and free resizes with upkeep costs will remain.

We also have two new GMs to help us out when we get back up again and that is Furaties and Rathsarian!

So once again, the server will be back up soon.

Double Drake Sunday Part 1! This is an insight into how slaying events work. These drakes died pretty quickly but our red dragon battle lasted over half an hour.

Lots of events next weekend including a double slaying (Goblin Leader & Black Dragon). The weekend after will likely be the slaying for the Red Drake and perhaps Trollking!

On 2/28/2017 at 8:57 AM, Iberis said:

Lots of events next weekend including a double slaying (Goblin Leader & Black Dragon). The weekend after will likely be the slaying for the Red Drake and perhaps Trollking!

Best server ever!~ :3

Twas an awesome event :D

• Like 1

After another great weekend of events we now have the new cooking update live on both our servers! Valoria & Shadowfell!

A few mods need reworking and fixing since the update but these are all minor mods and will be done over the next few days. Enjoy the update everyone!