Sign in to follow this  
Iberis

[old thread]

banner.jpg

Valoria - A modded WU Server

Valoria is a pve server created by Mizova and helped along by a few of her friends. We all enjoy playing Wurm Unlimited and some of the team are even WO veterans. We all know how the game works as well as our likes and dislikes so have tried to tailor this server accordingly to make it as fun and friendly as possible for both old and new players to Wurm Unlimited!

So please come check us out and maybe join our community <3

Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wu-valoria

Website/Forums: http://valoria-rpg.com

Teamspeak: valoria.teamspeak3.com

Live Map: http://valoria-rpg.com/map/

The Staff Team

Mizova - Dev & Owner

Anders - Trainee Dev

Melketh - Head GM

Pufflesprout - GM

Rathsarian - GM

Furaites - GM

Remington - CA/CM

Ralof - CA/CM

Mrsbeasley - CA/CM

Nutty - CA/CM

CA Applications are currently closed but we are looking for players who can run public events and games for us!

Server Specifications

• PVE (But with a PVP Zone).
  • Adventure Server.
  • MR Kingdom.
  • WL deities only.
  • 4096x4096 Custom map.
  • 50k Creatures.
  • 3x Skill & 5x Action.
  • Skills start at 1 (except for char stats which start at 20, ML & BC at 25, FS at 10).
  • CR 3x.
  • 200 Players slots.
  • Server is located in the UK.
  • Deeds are free with upkeep (20i per tile per month).

Modded Madness

• No priest resrictions and all WL spells available to all deities.
  • Crop rotting is disabled and cycles are every 45 minutes.
  • Surface mining has 100% sucess rate.
  • Dirt drops to the floor not into your inventory when digging. Dredging does the same.
  • Harvest helper lets you do /seasons to see what is in season and how long until the next.
  • Capacity of forges and ovens has been increased.
  • Bounties for killing creatures.
  • Inbreed warnings appear when trying to breed creatures that are related.
  • No mail charges for sending items to another player for free.
  • Meditating fixed so you can meditate every 30 minutes without having to move or mess around.
  • Can pray as many times as you want in a day, 20 minutes apart.
  • Chance of getting moon metals when mining.
  • Chance of getting a rare bone when sacrificing a rare at an altar.
  • Prospecting the mine floor works like surface prospecting.
  • Healing covers show the strength in the name.
  • 10kg (5 clay) per dig action on clay tiles.
  • Action timers for praying, meditating, alchemy, destroying & sowing are faster.
  • Meat, fish & filets can be bulk stored or put into fsb.
  • Crates have double capacity & bsb and fsb's are huge.
  • Loading can be done immediately with only 20 body strength.
  • Some skills have been tweaked to make them slightly more easy; weapon smithing, hot food cooking, meditating, channeling & fighting.
  • Digging, foraging, botinizing, harvesting and levelling can all be done from your cart! Levelling will even fill up and take from crates in your cart!
  • Pick 5 sprouts per action.
  • Hitching restrictions lifted for hostile creatures.
  • More dragon scale and hide is dropped then normal at slaying events.
  • Easily move items to centre or corner of tiles.
  • Fires give the time left to burn when examined.
  • No holyground limits.
  • Vehicles & mounts are faster! (zoom zoom)
  • Improved combat log.
  • No skill loss on death.
  • No drowning.
  • CA help opens automatically for new players.
  • No wait time when moving your bank.
  • Info and event tabs with useful information.
  • Joust against other players!

Edited by Iberis

Just wanted to add that we have many features and things planned, this is still early days for us.

Coming soon:

- A website

- Forums

- Livemap

- Hota/pvp area.

Plus many more mods and tweaks. We listen to what the community want to see and if it is a good idea then we will impliment it :]

Giving this wonderful server a well-deserved bump. Was hesitating to try this one out, as I was well settled on a previous server. Did take the plunge, and haven't regretted it for a second. This is by far the best server I've played on, with a great balance for both new and experienced players along with a very helpful and welcoming staff.

Best moment to join is right away; the economy is starting up and the community is getting up to speed.

• Like 1

Very cool server i recommend people joining :D Alot of nice and friendly people. The owner is a woman but who cares? :P Hahah, no joking very cool staff team and very nice server.

Join while  the map is still fresh and new!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Devily said:

The owner is a woman but who cares?

You suck Devily xD

• Like 1

Latest Updates!

- Vehicles and mounts are now faster. Doubled the speed! 
- Fish, meat and filets can now be bulk stored and put into fsb's.

Latest Updates!

Hey everyone, today I did a few tweaks, here are the changes. 

- Characteristic skill gains are now slightly higher. 
- Weapon Smithing & Hot Food Cooking have also been adjusted so they are a little easier. 
- Treasure chests no longer require a GM to open them to get your loot. You can claim them and recieve 500 karma at the same time. 
- Breeding modifier has been increased. 
- Minimum mine forward actions has been changed to 35. 

More updates are in the works.

Latest Update!

- Loading can be done immediately with only 20 body strength instead of 23!

Latest Updates!

- Now running the newest version of WU.

- The Citadel spawn area has had a bit more work done to it.

Our forums are also now LIVE!

http://valoria-rpg.com

This is a great server.  The community is active and helpful.  The ruleset is a very nice balance between challenge and convenience.  If you're looking for a server to call home, I recommend this one.  

• Like 1

Cheers Kruggan, it's great to here that players are enjoying themselves on Valoria <3

Just wanted to quickly share a few screenshots of our spawn town - aka the Citadel!

85boBFy.jpg

0HxmpBI.jpg

• Like 1

Hello all!

Today's update includes..

- BL spells removed. All WL spells still available to any deity.

- Meditating skill has been made a little easier to gain.
- Creature count has been increased to 50k with 70% aggressive.
- A few new lairs have been dropped.

Edited by Iberis

Hey everyone! Today the server was updated!

Hellspawns and natural spawns are now fixed! This means that hellhorses are spawning again on the steppes, hellhounds will chew newbies in the forests and hellscorpions are already frightening Lorddraconis who lives nextdoor to a desert! :D

The picture I'd like to share with you all today is the progress so far on the canal between the two central lakes! Almost all the dirt has now been removed off the top and it seems like it's mostly surface mining to go! There is a mine entrance in the way on one of the sides and everyone who is helping is trying to rush to get 70 faith so they can get the strongwall spell to collaspe it :)

Today we also had our first Corbita built on the server by Zixten! Congratulations!

7483A515DC1C4076C7EB6B484C89A03276BE3611

• Like 1

When you say "PVE (But with PVP/Hota zone in the works)." Do you mean that some parts have pvp or the entire map is pvp, how is this? please explain?

I am wondering what you mean by "Bounties for killing creatures." Does that mean you cant kill creatures for exp? Or does it mean that you get silver from killing them?

11 hours ago, baileytheferret said:

When you say "PVE (But with PVP/Hota zone in the works)." Do you mean that some parts have pvp or the entire map is pvp, how is this? please explain?

The server is PVE but we will have a PVP/HOTA zone. It will be an area around our Volcano and will be completely optional to take part in any HOTA or PVP events that take place. Since it is the volcano it is out of the way and if you walk into the PVP zone by acident it will give you a message letting you know you have entered the PVP area.

9 hours ago, butterflygirl25 said:

I am wondering what you mean by "Bounties for killing creatures." Does that mean you cant kill creatures for exp? Or does it mean that you get silver from killing them?

You get both! You get skill/experience for killing all creatures and also money for all creatures as well. The more difficult the creature is to kill the more skill and the more bounty you will recieve and it gets paid directly into your bank.

Is the server down? I got online this morning, then all of a sudden it crashed and said "connection refused" now its not turning up on the server list?

nvm server was screwed up :P

Edited by butterflygirl25

Yes it went down today when someone became a Vyn champ in our MR homeworld. It confused the server so much that everything crashed. Because of this we no longer allowed champions D:!

It's all fixed and back up now :)

I have finally placed down the PVP zone ontop of the volcano!

- It is a 140x140 tile zone the centre of which is the middle of the volcano.

- No building is allowed within the PVP zone and I will not permit any kind of walls around the outside purposely blocking it. I will however allow highways or paths up to the PVP zone. You may deed close to the PVP zone as long as you are not directly blocking entry or exit into the zone.

- There is an orange text alert that pops up into your event window when you enter the pvp zone. It will warn you that other players want attack you within this zone.

- You will not be able to gain new affinities or trade affinities since everyone is part of the same kingdom.

- Ocasionally the staff will spawn rewards in the PVP zone. An announcement will be made ingame when this happens.

- Other PVP events may also be held in this "Danger Zone". Including Hota.

We also now have a livemap! 

http://valoria-rpg.com/map/

Two new players have joined our helpful CA team! Welcome to the team Aradar and Diedae!

Server is growing nicely, the canal between the two large central lakes is now open to small boats & knarrs and will be finished soon for all boats! In other news the Kyklops has spawned and we still have the goblin leader and a green dragon running around.

We also had our first mini pvp event. A chest spawned at the volcano and several players raced up to try to claim the reward. Two players decided to team up and chased off the oposition! It might be worth going up and checking the volcano every now and then *hint hint*

Today the whitelight was moved to Temple island! This means that players near the spawn town have a bit more room to expand without the holyground getting in the way!

78A184C24CAD96EB69095B55DB99E7511CC7DA40

Hello everyone! Been busy working on something else for a friend lately so I'm sorry there have been no updates in terms of new mods or codes. It's still business as usual but we have had a few changes!

If you need olive trees please do a support ticket. A gm will supply you with some sprouts free of charge. Type /support ingame to write a ticket. Unfortunately when our map generated it did not generate the olive trees like it was supposed to!

We have also had a few staff team shuffles! Tyler is now a full GM as he has been working very hard lately keeping up with payments for towers and roads, helping players and answering support tickets <3 He definetly deserves his new position.

The other staff team change is that Anders has now been bumped up to Dev! While I am still the owner of the server I know when I need help and cannot handle things alone. I have a holiday coming up in the near future so will be preparing Anders so that he can take over and keep things running smoothly while I am away. A second person that can take care of the server is always a good idea as well just incase I do need to go away or lose my Internet connection or even just to take some of the weight off my shoulders from now on. So big congrulations to Anders for officially becoming a Dev Big Grin

• Like 1