Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Why Did I Deprem/Quit Wurm Online? - Feedback

Believe the hearts was because it was a GM item from Wiz killing and also a another item that bloated inv from butchering

Edited by enoofu

4 hours ago, Huntar said:

Confusing game mechanics with ones own ideals is pretty close minded of you. This is some extreme prejudice here, and all because you think that because they participate in such things ingame, that they support those particular beliefs IRL like what am I reading here even

The line between the real and game is a very thin line, and who we are in a game defines who we are overall as much as who we are in "real life". We are not divorced from our ingame actions like many believe we are. Our actions matter for better or worse not because of where we are but because of what we did and why we did them.

Out of courtesy to Huntar I answered his query. Not trying to be a troll or anything like that. For those of you who think my opinion is out in left field let me just say it is YOUR opinions I think are out in left field, yet I try my best to respect your right to post here and share them. I still read your posts and try to learn from what you wrote, even if we aren't don't agree.

Enough said. Adios.

Edited by geode
  • Like 1

I've just killed a bunch of trolls, butchered them for their teeth and bladders, sacrificed these parts for my dark bloody god of fear and terror to get some favor from him and make my pickaxe work a little bit faster.

This isn't anything new, really.

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, geode said:

The line between the real and game is a very thin line, and who we are in a game defines who we are overall as much as who we are in "real life". We are not divorced from our ingame actions like many believe we are. Our actions matter for better or worse not because of where we are but because of why we did them.

no lol

man you've a pretty messed up perception on reality not going to lie, what people do in this game does not in any way dictate who they are out of game, what matters only is how players communicate and socialize as neither of those are bound by the limitations of the game itself

i used to make bank by looting disbanded deeds and decaying structures, some people called this thieving, but i've never once in my life stolen anything from anyone out of game nor do i believe any justification for thieving from someone to exist (well I mean unless you took back something they took from you).

judging people by how they interact in a fantasy world through limitations of the games mechanics is pretty prejudice and petty of you and im not going to lie but i dont think anyone will miss someone whose ideals are so tunnel visioned and judgemental

Edited by Huntar
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, geode said:

The line between the real and game is a very thin line, and who we are in a game defines who we are overall as much as who we are in "real life". We are not divorced from our ingame actions like many believe we are. Our actions matter for better or worse not because of where we are but because of why we did them.

are u a troll or something

the sacrificing hearts comment was something id see in something like this

but i guess im a sadist for playing dwarf fortress :^

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, geode said:

The line between the real and game is a very thin line, and who we are in a game defines who we are overall as much as who we are in "real life". We are not divorced from our ingame actions like many believe we are. Our actions matter for better or worse not because of where we are but because of what we did and why we did them.

Well said, and it is not limited to rifts.

to bring thread back on topic...

I have been playing wurm on and off since fall of 2009, mostly off the last few years, with the only sustained play recently being when xanadu opened and also when release opened.  The reason i have lost interest in the game was because the economy (meaning aggregate demand) got rather crappy.  I think this is an issue code club needs to tackle fast, as participating in in-game buying and selling is one of the few endgames once you get a nice deed built.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:15 PM, geode said:

The Sacrificing of Hearts to advance the Rifts is the reason I am leaving Wurm. To me I consider this evil and taboo even for a video game (yes several games I won't play because they have equally offensive game mechanics or features to my views). I doubt many will understand why this bothers me so much. If there had been a more benign method built into the system I would have stayed, and even though there is another option as long as someone in the game is using the sacrifice heart mechanic I need to leave. To me Wurm is becoming more and more "Blacklight" oriented and I can't make peace with that.

Rolf can design his game anyway he wants, it's his game, but there was always the possibility that he would put something into the game I felt went beyond what I consider acceptable and the heart sac'ing game mechanic is it. I'm not going to ask for it to be changed (since it's obvious it doesn't bother Rolf or 90% of the Players), so I am disbanding deeds and I'll be gone from Wurm as soon as I can find a new owner for my deed on Indy.

I refuse to go to STEAM for Wurm Unlimited because I won't agree to Steam's ToS. I don't agree STEAM should have the authority to be a gatekeeper over so many games. STEAM imo constitutes a monopoly and I won't support that by agreeing to STEAM's terms.

Fare well to all and thank you for many years of Wurm enjoyment.

I think it unfortunate that standing up for your beliefs (if only to yourself) will deny you the ability of continuing to play the game in other facets of it that you enjoy. There are a number of things about the game structure that I object to but I realize that the general trend of them will not change, so maybe I speak out about them sometimes and don't participate in these activities but I can still continue to enjoy the game in other respects. Rifts I won't do just because I have no interest in fighting mobs in this game, so I will just ignore this feature as much as possible. The same choice could be yours but just for the different reasons that you have stated.

The same can be said for your refusal of trying WU because of its Steam connection. Your stance against it will change nothing but your participation. We are mostly indentured slaves for a good portion of the year to various governments, so yea I guess you just try to minimize that without checking out of life in protest. In the end the decision is yours of course but I have found that fighting the System just leads to unwanted denials of other opportunities, so best to work around the restrictions that don't suit your own particular desires or principles.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 5:40 AM, geode said:

Out of courtesy to Huntar I answered his query. Not trying to be a troll or anything like that. For those of you who think my opinion is out in left field let me just say it is YOUR opinions I think are out in left field, yet I try my best to respect your right to post here and share them. I still read your posts and try to learn from what you wrote, even if we aren't don't agree.

Enough said. Adios.

Our choices made within online games are reflections of who we are, with that I agree wholeheartedly. The fact that many restrain themselves from killing others in the outside world does not obscure the temptation that is there to do so when it is revealed in their game play choices. In the end it is probably a good thing that this type of release is available in virtual worlds. Still, things can become questionable to some when sacrificing hearts of beasts and cannibalizing other players are added into the equation, with the glorifying of Blacklight principles added on. So on the whole I get where you are coming from but just not where you are going to, never to be heard from again.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

personally i have been gradually letting my prems go unprem because wurm fails to add any actual new content... take the rift joke for an example...

imagine a bright red 2002 Ferrari.... this represents EVERY wurm event we currently have...  now paint it blue... now you have a rift.... its no different at all. thank you wurm for ruining the rift-hype with yet another stupid-fest...

On 5/23/2016 at 0:40 PM, geode said:

We are playing a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Your actions in it define who you are about as much as a movie character's actions define who the actor is.

Edited by bdew
  • Like 3

I quit WO because of the grind and the chores. Plus a ton of frustrating things that accumulate until the suck factor is above the fun factor.

Once you get your 2nd deed set up, have 70-80 in the most important skills, a couple of 5-speeders of each colour, all that is left is raising counters and cleaning up vegetation that keeps ruining your deed and its surroundings. Can we load a couple of horses and a cart onto a boat and go exploring? Still not in 2016, 10 years after the official release? Do we still lose stamina on horseback, in carts, boats while dredging? Of course. Can we... whatever.

I am currently playing on Sklotopolis, a WU server that is run properly. 5x skill + 5x action timers; no 'tardy "prem a second account" limits on priesthood; x3 deed creature limits, better crops and tons of other quality of life mods. I've already spent on it in 1.5 months more than I spent on a year of WO. I don't regret a single cent, none of that was mandatory, it made my life sweeter if I wanted to and helped prolong the life of the sever.

side note: Does anyone think that just because of rifts, people will forget the x5 skills x5 action timers, all the other mods that make Wurm life sweet and jump back into the grindfest? Yeah, right. All of those who left did it because the game lacked rifts.

• Like 1

I let my prem run out on both my Acc's (also deed is running down using what in game silver i have left)  because i cant justify the cost when i have WU that i can play for free when ever i want. Imo to many ppl don't "play" WO its their part time job.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, neofit said:

I quit WO because of the grind and the chores. Plus a ton of frustrating things that accumulate until the suck factor is above the fun factor.

Once you get your 2nd deed set up, have 70-80 in the most important skills, a couple of 5-speeders of each colour, all that is left is raising counters and cleaning up vegetation that keeps ruining your deed and its surroundings. Can we load a couple of horses and a cart onto a boat and go exploring? Still not in 2016, 10 years after the official release? Do we still lose stamina on horseback, in carts, boats while dredging? Of course. Can we... whatever.

I am currently playing on Sklotopolis, a WU server that is run properly. 5x skill + 5x action timers; no 'tardy "prem a second account" limits on priesthood; x3 deed creature limits, better crops and tons of other quality of life mods. I've already spent on it in 1.5 months more than I spent on a year of WO. I don't regret a single cent, none of that was mandatory, it made my life sweeter if I wanted to and helped prolong the life of the sever.

side note: Does anyone think that just because of rifts, people will forget the x5 skills x5 action timers, all the other mods that make Wurm life sweet and jump back into the grindfest? Yeah, right. All of those who left did it because the game lacked rifts.

For the most part skill-rate and action timers felt OK for a MMO except for Meditation (SO Hate leveling this in WO)

Do agree that Priests are in a messed up state especially on PVE servers which only purpose is healing or enchanting and becoming Alpha Class Champion on PVP servers. They should of added non priest classes ingame to balance them out instead of odd crafting/building limitations in a mostly crafting centrist game

Also that not being able to hitch horses to boats or similar mechanic is game-breaking

Plus Deeds should be protected against tile removal from animals including grass

Edited by enoofu

On 5/12/2016 at 7:14 PM, Milosanx said:

Well we all know most people spend too much time here on wurm. For some there is soo much more to do here you just need to want to do it and if you don't best play other games on the side til there something you want to do. I'm not a wurm grinder. I play just to relax and things move slowly for me on wurm and I'm ok with that.

People have been grinding this game for years so many other games have had a lot less of a lifespan than this for people. You can't fault the game or Rolf for not keeping ahead of some of you crazy wurmians.

I think the biggest problems is for crafters, when you get to the level that you want to get to in certain skill, you are bound to get bored and say there's nothing to do. As for builders, there's always the next project.

Tbh, I'd like the see some more new and inviting skill lines that perhaps people would like to delve into. Perhaps this will motivate some to play more.

there is lots of things you can do in this game, you just need to be willing to do them. If you are not willing, it's not really the games fault. Play the game because you want to, not because you have to. If it's not fun play something else, get bored of that game, play another..

Games are like books to me. Read one, finish it, put it down, read another. Haven't read that book in awhile? pick it up again and read it again.

Well said.. really like your vids by the way you were my introductio to Wurm and i learned alot.. so thanks.. and its nice to know that is your true spirit.. thanks,.

• Like 1