Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Why Did I Deprem/Quit Wurm Online? - Feedback

On 5/10/2016 at 10:10 AM, JakeRivers said:

Anything in wurm is hours of time, if you don't want to make the commitments, nothing anyone says will help you. 

wah wah wah

"Ohnoes WU is further splitting the WO community!"

Wah wah wah..... oh... there's someone quitting, let's be a CENSORED  to them and make sure they quit the game permanently for not having the decency of abandoning their day job.

Yeap, it's WU driving people away.

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 2

It would be nice to main a priest with a bit less restrictions. Not being able to imp or continue building makes that very hard without large community support.

I can respect your decision to only play a priest, but you had to know the restrictions to you decision fairly quickly.

Why not try epic for a change, you can use the same account and lift the limitations you are stuck with and experience a different type of game play?

2 hours ago, Saicotic said:

It would be nice to main a priest with a bit less restrictions. Not being able to imp or continue building makes that very hard without large community support.

I can respect your decision to only play a priest, but you had to know the restrictions to you decision fairly quickly.

Why not try epic for a change, you can use the same account and lift the limitations you are stuck with and experience a different type of game play?

I'm not really a PvP kind of guy, I came to wurm to avoid it ;)

I actually priested up quite a few years ago as part of a large community and, while I have campaigned endlessly to see restrictions reduced, I've actually quite enjoyed the life of a priest until now, it keeps the game interesting as you often have to find non-conventional ways around problems.  Admittedly these usually involve me asking my deedmate "JAS...  Can you go cut those trees down over there?" but still, fun :)

You are the one limiting yourself on what you can do in wurm.

Depriest and try something different.

• Like 1

Well we all know most people spend too much time here on wurm. For some there is soo much more to do here you just need to want to do it and if you don't best play other games on the side til there something you want to do. I'm not a wurm grinder. I play just to relax and things move slowly for me on wurm and I'm ok with that.

People have been grinding this game for years so many other games have had a lot less of a lifespan than this for people. You can't fault the game or Rolf for not keeping ahead of some of you crazy wurmians.

I think the biggest problems is for crafters, when you get to the level that you want to get to in certain skill, you are bound to get bored and say there's nothing to do. As for builders, there's always the next project.

Tbh, I'd like the see some more new and inviting skill lines that perhaps people would like to delve into. Perhaps this will motivate some to play more.

there is lots of things you can do in this game, you just need to be willing to do them. If you are not willing, it's not really the games fault. Play the game because you want to, not because you have to. If it's not fun play something else, get bored of that game, play another..

Games are like books to me. Read one, finish it, put it down, read another. Haven't read that book in awhile? pick it up again and read it again.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

You are the one limiting yourself on what you can do in wurm.

Depriest and try something different.

Unfortunatly the sunk cost fallacy (time invested in getting faith up in this case) is usually not so easily overcome that simply telling them to depriest will work for most cases.

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 2

to be honest you can easly go pvp server and avoid pvp all togeather alteast for time being.. and thers alwas somshing ther need building in pvp.. war deeds, land briges, terraforming and such.. for the crafters in pvp thers alwas somshing to craft.. aliences alwas need more high ql armor or whepons and such or a priest ther wonna help em cast.. i cut newere se my self go freedome ever, whut kill the fealing of being needed..

Not that I ever feel I finnished a deed , but I keep getting more anyways, so many intresting places that give so many intresting ideas for a deed :P

• Like 1

On 10/5/2016 at 4:39 PM, Sila said:

market is dead  that is only problem.. how to fix that?   bring 5x more players as it have now online

yeah x5 more quits!

I have not played Wurm Online in about 3 months.  My toons are not premmed and my deeds are now in a state of decay with less than 30 days before they disband.  After 7 years of playing, I stopped simply because I could no longer justify pumping $25 a month into the game.  Is Wurm worth $25 a month.  Actually, yes it is.  Can I afford it?  Actually, yes I can.  However, the practical side of me can no longer allow it BECAUSE, now, if and when I want a Wurm fix, I can just jump on WU and play absolutely free any day, any time.  

Rolf is headed in the right direction with the Rifts being WO only, but there must be more incentives to keep players forking out the cash for something they can get for a one-time fee.

It's not rocket science why numbers are falling.  It really is as simple as that.

• Like 5

I sold my deeds and my toons are not premium. I played WO for 8 or so years.

Why did I leave?

WU gave me the opportunity to have my idea Wurm experience. I never cared about community. Single player Wurm is what I want and and when you add to that I can mod out all the bad developer decisions made in WO over years it is like a dream come true.

• Like 1

I still keep my main guy premium with his deed. Maybe it's just for nostalgic's sake but I still enjoy wandering around the deed doing this and that. A nice peaceful feeling reflecting back on the years from there to here, except for the occasional troll that I let the TGuards tank while I wack it on the head a few times. Stubborn thing still doesn't get the message, so he must die in the end.

I agree that Wurm Unlimited offers so much more for the person who enjoys a fast pace of creation within its sandbox elements. I doubt many there will miss these Rift disturbances. The WU servers offer so many different options for various playstyles, which is what I see as their allure in the numerous choices available. Then of course there is the cost of playing difference which can be a draw to some.

=Ayes=

WU sales continue to rise at least that is a good thing for money coming in to the company. We may not see the numbers here in WO atm, but at least there are sales somewhere.

On 5/14/2016 at 6:39 PM, Milosanx said:

WU sales continue to rise at least that is a good thing for money coming in to the company. We may not see the numbers here in WO atm, but at least there are sales somewhere.

Yeah, Wurm Unlimited is really taking off now.

WU = Players in the last 2 weeks: 3,731 ± 1,520

Dino D-Day = Players in the last 2 weeks: 12,167 ± 2,745

Bwahahahahaha Dino ###### D Day has more players than wurm.

http://steamcharts.com/

Dino D-Day 61 players currently playing

WU 352 players currently playing

WU does have problems since it somewhat a clone of WO which is MMO and most WU are playing solo or small group play

Dino d day is out since 2011 and cost just 1/3 of wu...and is a compleate diffrent game...

its the same as when you would compare dota with wu... 

Edited by Biervampyr

I got bored and wanted something more casual without the feeling of being obligated to play the whole month I paid prem for. Also I have very little money.

So I quit and went to WU.

• Like 1

I like the WU experience for a few reasons over Wurm Online.

Cost is a big one.  Having one toon premium is really hard.  Most people have at least 2.  Deed upkeep costs is another.  Yes i could grind skills to make in game silver to pay for all this,  but you see i already have a job. I come to wurm to escape work not add to it.  Skill leveling takes far longer than it needs to I feel. Again I already work my butt off in real life don't really want to work more.

I do not like pvp at all myself.  I like the security I have in Wurm Unlimited. We have our own server and we can control everything as we wish.  No worry of people griefing, stealing or just being silly.

We can just buy the game and play when we want, how we want, for as long as we want with no worry of paying anymore.

That is why i left Wurm online.

• Like 2

The Sacrificing of Hearts to advance the Rifts is the reason I am leaving Wurm. To me I consider this evil and taboo even for a video game (yes several games I won't play because they have equally offensive game mechanics or features to my views). I doubt many will understand why this bothers me so much. If there had been a more benign method built into the system I would have stayed, and even though there is another option as long as someone in the game is using the sacrifice heart mechanic I need to leave. To me Wurm is becoming more and more "Blacklight" oriented and I can't make peace with that.

Rolf can design his game anyway he wants, it's his game, but there was always the possibility that he would put something into the game I felt went beyond what I consider acceptable and the heart sac'ing game mechanic is it. I'm not going to ask for it to be changed (since it's obvious it doesn't bother Rolf or 90% of the Players), so I am disbanding deeds and I'll be gone from Wurm as soon as I can find a new owner for my deed on Indy.

I refuse to go to STEAM for Wurm Unlimited because I won't agree to Steam's ToS. I don't agree STEAM should have the authority to be a gatekeeper over so many games. STEAM imo constitutes a monopoly and I won't support that by agreeing to STEAM's terms.

Fare well to all and thank you for many years of Wurm enjoyment.

Edited by geode
  • Like 3

Hello, I found out about Wurm in March when I found WU. I gave WU a nice solid wack and really enjoyed it. After learning about WO it wasn't hard to realize that WO offers a better economy and more content with awesome admins and support. WU takes a lot of managing and I wasn't going to rely on some guy to keep my deed up from his computer in his bedroom.

I wanted to keep the progress I made with my character so I'm now a wurm online player. I began to notice a abandon xanadu. Deeds everywhere but hardly any players. I wondered why there wasn't many players playing this game and came up with my own conclusions.

I have never heard of this game until I ran into WU. I was surprised by that because I believe this is a great game with great potential. Bad marketing could be it. Some say WU killed WO but WU brought me here to WO. This was a good move.

Even though the game has been out for 10 years I feel it's still in a beta stage. The game is not finished yet. I think some players don't realize this. I'm here for the future of WO.

One thing I noticed is that carpenters, tailors and masons seem limited on what they can make. I would like to see at least 100 different outfits. I know Wurm devs are a small team and over time this will happen.

As for bringing more people to Wurm... Of course the first complain I hear about Wurm is the combat system. For many people this can make or break the game. Since the devs feel confident about java I feel one day they will get around to this and make the combat amazingly smooth. Most people are not going to stick around for that day.

A lot of players that log in don't understand what they are supposed to do. The tutorial just explains how to use abilities for the most part. I think the tutorial should have a player make a tool, imp it and build a one tile building maybe a little more like flatten a tile and so on.

It seems people run out of things to do. As a new player it's hard for me to grasp that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, geode said:

The Sacrificing of Hearts to advance the Rifts is the reason I am leaving Wurm. To me I consider this evil and taboo even for a video game (yes several games I won't play because they have equally offensive game mechanics or features to my views). I doubt many will understand why this bothers me so much. If there had been a more benign method built into the system I would have stayed, and even though there is another option as long as someone in the game is using the sacrifice heart mechanic I need to leave. To me Wurm is becoming more and more "Blacklight" oriented and I can't make peace with that.

Rolf can design his game anyway he wants, it's his game, but there was always the possibility that he would put something into the game I felt went beyond what I consider acceptable and the heart sac'ing game mechanic is it. I'm not going to ask for it to be changed (since it's obvious it doesn't bother Rolf or 90% of the Players), so I am disbanding deeds and I'll be gone from Wurm as soon as I can find a new owner for my deed on Indy.

I refuse to go to STEAM for Wurm Unlimited because I won't agree to Steam's ToS. I don't agree STEAM should have the authority to be a gatekeeper over so many games. STEAM imo constitutes a monopoly and I won't support that by agreeing to STEAM's terms.

Fare well to all and thank you for many years of Wurm enjoyment.

wew 

15 hours ago, geode said:

To me Wurm is becoming more and more "Blacklight" oriented and I can't make peace with that.

What!?

• Like 2

If it was more Blacklight orientated I wouldn't be leaving when my subs up on the 6th, I believe you may be mistaken.

To Lorena and Yourself Wurm isn't Blacklight enough (I get the impression many others feel as you do). You feel Wurm should be more BL. I feel Wurm should restrict BL content from Freedom Isles servers as it used to be (Chaos can keep BL because that's where it belongs imo). I am opposed to BL ingame as I am opposed to similarly aligned beliefs in Real Life. I feel there's too much BL that has creeped in and I disagree with it and see the sacrificing of hearts as just another sign of creeping BL influence in game design. It's a good thing we were never in a Village together.

You have as much right to choose what you want in Wurm as I do, and obviously what we each want is on opposite ends of the options. To each their own. No harm no foul.

I've explained my position in all this enough. See ya folks. Take care.

Edited by geode
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, geode said:

To Lorena and Yourself Wurm isn't Blacklight enough (I get the impression many others feel as you do). You feel Wurm should be more BL. I feel Wurm should restrict BL content from Freedom Isles servers as it used to be (Chaos can keep BL because that's where it belongs imo). I am opposed to BL ingame as I am opposed to similarly aligned beliefs in Real Life. I feel there's too much BL that has creeped in and I disagree with it and see the sacrificing of hearts as just another sign of creeping BL influence in game design. It's a good thing we were never in a Village together.

You have as much right to choose what you want in Wurm as I do, and obviously what we each want is on opposite ends of the options. To each their own. No harm no foul.

I've explained my position in all this enough. See ya folks. Take care.

Confusing game mechanics with ones own ideals is pretty close minded of you. This is some extreme prejudice here, and all because you think that because they participate in such things ingame, that they support those particular beliefs IRL like what am I reading here even

• Like 1