Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Why Did I Deprem/Quit Wurm Online? - Feedback

Feedback to the devs is important for wurm, why are player numbers declining?

This is not a thread for politics or to rag on players, or even for goodbyes.  Its a place to offer feedback on why you have let your premium (be it your alt or all your characters) drop or why you have stopped playing wurm entirely.  Posting here doesn't mean "goodbye I am gone for good" it is "this is why I am not paying preme on X now".

A first post and an example:

I've let my last prem drop for now as I've really run out of PvE content I can explore as a solo fo priest and I really don't want to throw away my 91 faith.  I am staying as a free player so I can explore other content (finally level some pottery!) and so I can enjoy my local wurm community.  Were it not for that community I'd probably switch to wurm unlimited with its lesser (on some servers) restrictions on priests and its lack of subscription.

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 1

I ain't stopped buying premium and i don't plan to.

Edited by shakys
  • Like 13

I quit playing because I'm ###### addicted to Destiny pvp.

I also don't like the fact that libila isnt unique anymore and valrei is still very unfinished after tons of tips/suggestions/advice.

Wurm and a big part of the community will always be in my heart and I will always lurk around here whatever happens.

• Like 2

The community was always the game, not the game itself :)

• Like 3

I stopped paying constant prem on around 5 of my 11 toons, the others I prem from time to time,

It is mainly cause I can't afford it on top of all my deeds.
Still Wurm is where I spend my recreational money.

I still pay for two toons all year even thou I play more WU than WO atm.

If you are bored from PvE, try PvP. Rivalries and goals on a PvP server like kingdom expansion, etc. make it really fun for the players. If you quit without trying the other aspect of the game then I dunno.

I would rather see them do structural improvements like their focusing on now, Than adding more content that will need to be changed later.  Those major improvements will keep the game afloat and give them time to dream up new things to add to the game.  Yes it's a slow process, But it does change.

So tranlate his post.

I quit wurm cause i just want to be a priest but its so boring cause i cant build anything and my character sucks cause of priest nerfs on body stats.

Seriously though, depriest, its no big deal, I have friends who bounce back and forth from being a priest to not, with a good sermon group you can rack that faith right back up again.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

So tranlate his post.

I quit wurm cause i just want to be a priest but its so boring cause i cant build anything and my character sucks cause of priest nerfs on body stats.

Seriously though, depriest, its no big deal, I have friends who bounce back and forth from being a priest to not, with a good sermon group you can rack that faith right back up again.

only time ill even agree with jakerivers

i priested up like every three month and was able to get 85+ faith without issue

I think many people have quit or stopped playing for the same reasons I did. PvP side of the game is the reason I stopped playing.. That and elevation has too much water :) but decrease the size of the map and delete the dirt wall idea.. And you'd have me back again.

11 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

So tranlate his post.

Pretty much except you missed the "and no-one wants fo magic because everyone who would pay for it has a nahjo" and I've not quit I've just de-premed ;)

Switching back and forth is very doable if you have the hours to sink into sermon groups but some of us have jobs and don't really want to be paying for the privilage of re-grinding a skill :P

Anything in wurm is hours of time, if you don't want to make the commitments, nothing anyone says will help you. 

wah wah wah

44 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Anything in wurm is hours of time, if you don't want to make the commitments, nothing anyone says will help you. 

wah wah wah

You left a few tears on the page mate.  Take em back please. :)

• Like 1

Not much left to do. grind skills to 100 for the sake of it? Will return when the rifts are in place but until then game needs some massive content for players of all levels. Maybe I need to log in and annoy Enki enough to spawn another dozen champ crocs on me when I'm running around without armour again. At least that made it a bit more interesting. Will try to motivate myself to log in a bit more to say hi, just don't feel like grinding any more like I once did. seems pointless now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Not much left to do. grind skills to 100 for the sake of it? Will return when the rifts are in place but until then game needs some massive content for players of all levels. Maybe I need to log in and annoy Enki enough to spawn another dozen champ crocs on me when I'm running around without armour again. At least that made it a bit more interesting. Will try to motivate myself to log in a bit more to say hi, just don't feel like grinding any more like I once did. seems pointless now.

I think this is probably the main reason we see vets quitting. There just isn't enough "end game" content for PvE. Once you get the skills you really want to 70 the rest of the game is sort of grinding for the heck of it. Unless you have a major construction project you are working on what long-term objectives are there beside bragging rights and social interactions?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aeryck said:

I think this is probably the main reason we see vets quitting. There just isn't enough "end game" content for PvE. Once you get the skills you really want to 70 the rest of the game is sort of grinding for the heck of it. Unless you have a major construction project you are working on what long-term objectives are there beside bragging rights and social interactions?

Projects. :D

• Like 1

[15:14:21] You have been premium a total of 30 since Dec 2013.

[15:14:21] You have been premium consecutively for 0 months since Dec 2013.

[15:14:21] You have not paid for premium time.

One less Nahjo polluting PvE.

market is dead  that is only problem.. how to fix that?   bring 5x more players as it have now online

I finished the deed I wanted to build and I don't enjoy the wurm combat.

PVE side is hurt by the combat system, which isn't very friendly to new players, and 99% of the combat is static as the mobs are 100% Melee that will not move once they are next to you

Also the drops outside of unique's are usually not worth much or anything.

Also no questing or a easy way for players to setup dungeons

PVP side I haven't tried, by heard it doesn't have incentives and suffers most of the the same problems as PVE combat

Crafting has a weak point in this game since it depends on players buying Silver to generate the economy

------------Other things that need work---------------------------

Meditation way to much RNG and most people are forced into leveling it since it awards powerful abilities

Cooking is almost in a broken state, as most players just use certain abilities and not eat

New Religons doesn't feel like it belongs ingame as it adds no new content and killed a lot of the old religions usage

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 5

i suppose it doesn't matter now that pvp is dead but

the people suggesting pvp aren't saying to play it for the combat, the combat blows. but every kingdom has a tight knit community with a lot more projects that are unique, stuff you wouldn't do on a pve server and a lot of people find their calling in wurm in that environment.

14 hours ago, Timoca said:

I finished the deed I wanted to build ...

I've seen plenty of people quit at this moment of their Wurm career. Building one's own place is a defining step in Wurm - because after finishing the deed the primary motivator for playing Wurm goes away for many people. A significant percentage of people do not like the game-play Wurm offers after having made one's own place, be it the combat experience, engaging in trade, exploration, hunting, grinding, or just being part of the community.

There are two obvious strategic solutions to counter this - and both need addressing:

1. Improve game-play after building a deed.

2. Prolong game-play needed to finish a deed.

Well, nobody quits; they're all merrily working on their 'summer of returning' feature - maybe i can tell you more next week, if i poke the quitters enough....

[screenshot] awesome picture [/screenshot] 

-_-

5 hours ago, Eobersig said:

I've seen plenty of people quit at this moment of their Wurm career. Building one's own place is a defining step in Wurm - because after finishing the deed the primary motivator for playing Wurm goes away for many people. A significant percentage of people do not like the game-play Wurm offers after having made one's own place, be it the combat experience, engaging in trade, exploration, hunting, grinding, or just being part of the community.

There are two obvious strategic solutions to counter this - and both need addressing:

1. Improve game-play after building a deed.

2. Prolong game-play needed to finish a deed.

Don't think number 2 is a problem, feels perfectly right at the moment

Some deeds take months just to do terraforming