Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

Be able to rename crates if you have permission to pick up/load

I would like to suggest the ability to rename crates if you have permission to load it. As it is, you must bring a cart/wagon around, load it in and then unload it before you can rename the crate. 

• Like 7

Assume this is actually a bug, not a feature. Was going to report it myself.

that way you become owner...   cant rename them before

• Like 1

double edged sword.  I'd like this.  Maybe add it as a permission setting for on deed only?

No need really. Works fine as is now. Load/pickup an item, set it on the ground again and you become the owner to then rename it.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ayes said:

No need really. Works fine as is now. Load/pickup an item, set it on the ground again and you become the owner to then rename it.

=Ayes=

I disagree. My one priest alt cannot load crates but I often want him to rename crates.

2 minutes ago, KillerSpike said:

I disagree. My one priest alt cannot load crates but I often want him to rename crates.

True, the current naming system is an inconvenience but I don't view it as necessary to change it since there is a way to rename objects such as these currently. Maybe it should even remain that way so that others can *not rename objects if they are not considered as theirs. This might be the reasoning behind it all anyway.

When I moved back to my older deed that my alt premium guy was taking care of I have to have him turn over all the current bulk bins to my name. There were a lot of them but once done now I control the naming of them. Same for crates, forges, ovens, wells, lamps and such type objects that I had to load and put back down if I didn't want my alt to need to log on to rename them, so in such instances many times I just had him rename.

Crates are really the easiest of the lot since they can be loaded and redropped quickly. Yea, just by those that can't load objects and then they are out of luck.

=Ayes=

If everything on your deed is placed "just so" it is a major inconvenience to transfer ownership by picking up and replacing everything.

I see no reason why we can't have it so that if we have the permission to pick it up, we also have the ability to rename. This just saves the step of having to pick it up and place it back.

• Like 2

Just discovered that you can rename crates you dont own by putting them in a wagon and renaming multiple at once. You still cant rename individually but at least you can clear the names of all of them.

to rename crate just load em in cart wagon or such and unloade em and load up again .. and boom you can rename.. so its alredy ingame

17 minutes ago, weeebie said:

to rename crate just load em in cart wagon or such and unloade em and load up again .. and boom you can rename.. so its alredy ingame

I did mention this in the OP. What I am suggesting is that since that is in the game already, just remove the requirement that you have to load it into a cart and unload it before renaming.

If I have the permission to load it into a cart...then it follows that I should also have the permission to rename it. There should be no reason to have to load it before renaming it. It would save the time I would spend getting the cart, loading and unloading and properly repositioning the crate.

A new permission type/Catagory would need to be added.  "rename"  which is good with me as I hate having to log in my mayor to rename branded animals.  Would love to just be able to give remake permissions to some one/role. 

Edited by Ohana
  • Like 1

I would like to be able to create groups in a crate.