Sign in to follow this  
zigozag

Balancing priests? Allow them all to turn crops into favor.

I saw some support in GL about this idea, so... just what the title says.

• Like 4

+1
If not crops, then let something equivalently give high favor for each god. I know I'd love it if my Vyn priest could get favor equal to yoyo QL/5. Compared to crops they are a pain in the butt to make.

Edited by Darmalus

I really don't see how allowing Mag priests to sacrifice crops is going to make them viable again.  Clearly this suggestion is an attempt to restore a flawed sense of imbalance between Vyn and Nahjo priests, which I have to respectfully disagree with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darmalus said:

+1
If not crops, then let something equivalently give high favor for each god. I know I'd love it if my Vyn priest could get favor equal to yoyo QL/5. Compared to crops they are a pain in the butt to make.

I sympathize with you in the sense that you can do nothing to improve your items for sacrifice.  Personally I want to know you don't sac Paper for favor, goddess of knowledge and all.  BTW can't torches be Sac'ed for the same effect for Vyn?  If so, get Moss next to a tar patch and bring lots of logs for shafts.

Edited by Tallios

+1 lots of us have been asking for this for ages

Priests cannot make torches because it requires adding to an incomplete item.

• Like 1

I'd rather they removed crops from all gods. A little backstory for those who are unfamiliar: we spent years trying to find the saccable for Libila and we just couldn't do it. Judging by the code, it apparently used to be meat/corpses/coins. But people assumed Lib just flat-out didn't have a saccable, so they complained, and eventually we were given "alchemy items" instead. But it turns out that crops are technically "alchemy items", so those were included as saccables as well.

The reason this is weird (and most likely an oversight) is that all saccables are based on gods' lore. Magranon is the warrior and mountain god, so his priests are allowed to mine and they get saccing bonuses from metal. Vynora is the goddess of civilization and creation, so her priests can cut trees and they get bonuses from saccing wooden stuff. Fo is the hippie treehugger, so his priests get to dig and farm, which helps them make their saccables (food, cloth, and pottery). Libila is the goddess of hate and destruction, so lore-wise it doesn't make sense to sacrifice crops, especially since our priests are banned from doing nature-y skills in the first place. So when we were given "alchemy items" as a saccable, we were almost definitely intended to be sacrificing butchering products and mushrooms and such, while crops slipped through the cracks and accidentally became OP as hell.

Then Wurm went full RNG by introducing player gods, which in turn helped to spread this OP-ness to the PvE world. Now everybody has to deal with the consequences of this, and unless everyone is given the nearly-unlimited favor that crops provide, they'll feel like they're being shafted. But that's just the thing: favor should not be unlimited, ever. You shouldn't be able to toss a few onions in an altar and be fully restored, then casually walk over to your FSB to grab another 10k worth of favor without batting an eye. If crops are available as saccables, then why even have favor costs in the first place?

• Like 13

Bump for the way to stop whining and complaining and start a new era of relaxed light-hearted casting and relishing our priest lives.

• Like 1

Nahjo's favor item should be cheese.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Darmalus said:

+1

You can,  make cordage so farming + rope making.

The only issue is that QL-wise cordage are pretty difficult so to get decent returns you are looking at 70+ql wemp + 70+ ropemaking and at least a 70+ql ropetool.

On the plus side, at least you can BSB cordage so you can store that favour.

Suck it up and make cordage rope, like all the rest of us Vyn priests.

• Like 1

Shouldn't be ignored. Obviously good for everyone and everything except for master ropemakers'/locksmiths' ego.

This would invalidate all the work everyone has done to level favor skills (like ropemaking, locksmithing, and cloth tailoring).

Crop saccing is just too easy. And this is coming from a ~92.5 channeling Nahjo owner.

yea ego is the only thing that matters when people don't want a super op thing in the game how correct you are

compare it to each weapon doing 100 damage each no matter the size or type, how would anyone be on the down side if they're all the same, right

• Like 2

Might as well make all items come out at 100ql as well. If we're going easy mode, might as well go easy mode, right?

Oh, yeah, -1.

• Like 2

Two wrongs don't make a right: player gods (and particualrly Nacho) are unbalanced and need to be fixed.  Turning on 'easy mode' for all priests isn't the answer.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, zigozag said:

Shouldn't be ignored. Obviously good for everyone and everything except for master ropemakers'/locksmiths' ego.

Wrong. Not good for PvP. There is next to no reason to be libila with the new player gods, and nahjo is horrible in PvP. Lib is the only decent PvP god that sacs vegetables, and you're trying to take away one of her main unique draws.  Remove nahjo from freedom  because he seems to have triggered them pretty hard since they're not used to vegetable saccing

If a window in your house is broken to you "fix" it by breaking all the other windows so they are all the same?   No, you fix the silly broken window.   Same with the sacables, sacing crops for favor is the broken aspect, so you remove crops from the alchemy section, and bam, fixed.  Nahjo no longer has easy endless favor and actually has to work for their favor just like everyone else(Sorry high level farmers)

:-) I was a Mag. I made lots of locks. Lots and lots of locks. No skin off my nose. Change it locks. I'm covered. (Since everything is about ME around here.)

3 hours ago, Greyfox said:

If a window in your house is broken to you "fix" it by breaking all the other windows so they are all the same?   No, you fix the silly broken window.   Same with the sacables, sacing crops for favor is the broken aspect, so you remove crops from the alchemy section, and bam, fixed.  Nahjo no longer has easy endless favor and actually has to work for their favor just like everyone else(Sorry high level farmers)

please dont do a blanket patch like this and break pvp even more like you did last time (remember xanadu rite of death?)

the ridiculously poor thought out 'fix' for that ended up being mycelium no longer spreading unless there's both an altar AND a tower, as well as the inability to cast fungus outside lib domain. we used to be able to cast fungus to heal up during raids. thanks for ruining it

What if it Is not broken, just better? \o/   Instead of downgrading 1 progressive thing i would definitely upgrade the others, if possible.

3 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

please dont do a blanket patch like this and break pvp even more like you did last time (remember xanadu rite of death?)

the ridiculously poor thought out 'fix' for that ended up being mycelium no longer spreading unless there's both an altar AND a tower, as well as the inability to cast fungus outside lib domain. we used to be able to cast fungus to heal up during raids. thanks for ruining it

Fair point.  One mech for pve and one for pvp then, the way it used to be.

• Like 1

No they should fix it by having the player gods conform to a domain, even if it is a sub-domain of an existing god.  Sure it would be easier but that is not synonymous with better.

I think they should break the saccables down to something for each sphere of influence per god, and each God should have their own unique spells as well. Some sharing I can see is needed, however the lotto method is almost pure laziness. Much easier then to code new spells and create new spheres of influence for the player gods.

• Like 1