Sign in to follow this  
Jukken

Auto-delete of characters

How do I prevent characters from getting deleted for inactivity?

Server is free, no premium for any players..

An NPC-town I made with an alt, just went poof...and the alt was deleted. I assume from inactivity.

How do I prevent this, in WO your character would never get deleted if ever premium...but there is no premium here...?

turn off prune

Wurm.ini

PRUNEDB=False

• Like 2

On 5/6/2016 at 3:06 PM, razoreqx said:

turn off prune

Wurm.ini

PRUNEDB=False

After some hunting on my server host, I found this under server\dist\Creative and made the change.  I have a couple of questions:

- does the F have to be capital? When it originally said true, it was all in lower case letters

- is there anything else that would normally be "pruned" that will now be changed?  In other words...as a non-techie, have I just done something I might later regret?  Lol

Thanks!

Edited by Batta

Without looking into the code I am pretty sure it doesn't matter if f or F but I highly recommend to use false (non-capital) just in case. Code Club code can be buggy as we all know.

Depending on your server size the different databases will grow a lot faster, I personally use the feature because otherwhise I would have a serious problem with database size by now.

33 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

Without looking into the code I am pretty sure it doesn't matter if f or F but I highly recommend to use false (non-capital) just in case. Code Club code can be buggy as we all know.

Depending on your server size the different databases will grow a lot faster, I personally use the feature because otherwhise I would have a serious problem with database size by now.

Ok thank you.  I'll keep track.  

On 7/13/2017 at 1:06 AM, Sklo:D said:

Okay, problem. Since changing it to false, all of my mods stopped working. The server still runs fine, just without any mods at all. 

So I went back and changed it back to PRUNEDB=true, used the Update Server Settings and Fast Downloads Sync buttons on my server host that include the patcher function without my having access to the actual patcher, and restarted the server.  But my mods are still not working.

Did a Restore World to a few days ago, before I did the PRUNEDB change, and nothing happened. No world restoration, no mods working, world still runs just fine when I start it up.

I don't suppose anyone knows what's going on?  The server host is Pingperfect. They are referring me to advice about making sure I have matching properties files for each folder with a jar file, and so on...but none of that is the issue. All mods are in their proper places, no changes made and they all look just as they should. I just can't get the mods to work AND I can't seem to restore back to an earlier date before I tweaked anything.

Any advice or input would be great. Thanks!

------------

UPDATE:  This was fixed by reinstalling the modloader and mods after restoring from backup. The backup itself still didn't take, but at least we have our mods back!

Edited by Batta