Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #18: Summer Fun

I really hope the rifts are implemented in a way to allow everyone a chance, newbies, and veterans, and not just 10% of the player base to control them like everything else.

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, Magykal said:

It's all good, Luvable!  He just promised Magy NO DEATH and failed that promise miserably. Corpse recovery was excellent.  A day I'll never forget - nor will Retrograde! Loooool

Corpses weren't always recoverable.. man oh man..

BTW Just noticing the numbers look nice Inde. at over a 100.. and so and so forth.. though could be because its HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pride said:

I really hope the rifts are implemented in a way to allow everyone a chance, newbies, and veterans, and not just 10% of the player base to control them like everything else.

apparantly there is diffrent tiers of rifts.

But I would expect a requirement of a decent group for the harder rifts... however sadly enough I dont think they will implement any kind of limitation on numbers there, so I'm expecting the usual brainless zerg on the freedom cluster instead of a coordinated group effort.

Ah rifts, finally a feature I can get behind ^_^

Maybe my healing skills will finally be useful on freedom!

• Like 1

Lufia II... now that brings back good memories.

First game I ever cried to. That ending was... =(

• Like 2

Can't wait to see the new rendering. I just hope my video card can handle it.

Will the new rendering allow for ...coloured/shaded unis??? Please? 

And also wondering if carts will again follow terrain under it?

Can't wait to see all the Underverses built in drab and dreary caves.  Within a month people will be wanting dirt planter boxes for weird and wonderful cave plants, still to be designed, some of which like eating unsuspecting Wurmians...

98kWMLq.jpg

• Like 6

Could we get any sort of semi-technical info on what the new renderer will be capable of? Better lighting or performance, maybe?

I will not care for a second for the new shadows - will be underground forever from the cave dwellings are on :P

Thanks for the exciting news!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jaz said:

I will not care for a second for the new shadows - will be underground forever from the cave dwellings are on :P

Thanks for the exciting news!

We need to add a new drow/dwarf skin. Super black or super pale. :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LorenaMontana said:

Will tree collision come back at one point?

I hope not, hate it on WU , would hate to see it reintroduced, esp with the way Epic / Elevation is atm with so many trees

The only thing I really want to see apart from new pvp changes is the ability to make the old coffins, I loved the dark slab look and the flat top, perfect for under forges etc, makes a far better workbench than anything else currently in the game. Its a pity the 2-3 threads on it were ignored by Devs - Retro can you at least bring this up because I remember from the threads there was a lot of interest in this since the new coffins are horrible inside a house - plus they look horrible (just a personal thing nothing against the designer)

Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:

A New Moon is Rising.

A prophecy long hinted at, many whispers about one of the moons orbiting the lands of Wurm and all the creatures that dwell on it have set their sights on the world of Wurm!  Invasions of these unholy twisted creatures will be the background for our rift system, with these strange and twisted creatures looking to drain the world of Wurm of its essence/resources/lavender sprouts. We’ll have more information in next week’s news prior to the testing, so get your battle gear ready!

So... another short term project that will most likely never be completed...? cool

THEY WILL NEVER HAVE OUR LAVENDER SPROUTS!!!

New moon rising:

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the 'rift system'?

and will these invasions be on Freedom servers, or just pvp ones?

Wow, these shadows look awesome!
All those things sound really neat, looking forward to the changes! :)

6 hours ago, KyleBooze said:

So... another short term project that will most likely never be completed...? cool

This is the rift/invasion system thats been in development since december and will go live at the end of this month, I'm not sure what you mean.

1 hour ago, Baloo said:

New moon rising:

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the 'rift system'?

and will these invasions be on Freedom servers, or just pvp ones?

They will be on freedom servers, and more information about the specifics will come with next weeks news hopefully

58 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

This is the rift/invasion system thats been in development since december and will go live at the end of this month, I'm not sure what you mean.

Probably in the same way that the valrei system that was "completed" upon epics release, but wasn't completed at all.

13 hours ago, Rhianna said:

esp with the way Epic / Elevation is atm with so many trees

Learn2woodcut

The woodcutters nowadays are a bunch of lazy noobs ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zekezor said:

Probably in the same way that the valrei system that was "completed" upon epics release, but wasn't completed at all.

Assumptions being made in an attempt to draw parallels to the rift system with something unrelated.  You know what they say about assumptions. ;)

40 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Assumptions being made in an attempt to draw parallels to the rift system with something unrelated.  You know what they say about assumptions. ;)

Unrelated?

Epic was supposed to involve portals leading to places such as valrei where players would fight against the inhabitants there to aid their gods.

And after many years we are now getting rifts to rift instances to fight monsters there...

It's not as much a matter of drawing parallells as wondering why the unfinished parts of epic arrived first now in the form of "rifts".

Edited by Zekezor

53 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

Unrelated?

Epic was supposed to involve portals leading to places such as valrei where players would fight against the inhabitants there to aid their gods.

And after many years we are now getting rifts to rift instances to fight monsters there...

It's not as much a matter of drawing parallells as wondering why the unfinished parts of epic arrived first now in the form of "rifts".

Too many assumptions still.

2 hours ago, Zekezor said:

rifts are not instanced, and will occur on the server.

36 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

rifts are not instanced, and will occur on the server.

Oh...?

so uhm... in that case...

On 2016-01-20 at 8:59 PM, Warlander said:

Sieges - very high/extreme difficulty sites, requiring many players and few hours to finish. These sites would be most complex and involve many stages, starting like village sites, with need to break into castle area and courtyard using siege machines, optionally into cave network below castle as well. These will always have chain of main tasks and many side tasks. Rewards are big, with some rare items, chance for supreme/fantastic and at least one-two unique items. 25+ players should be able to complete these sites, but it should always be challenge no matter how many players take part in it. Thought as server-wide or global events, similar to current unique hunts but much harder and rarer (maybe one or two per month on the whole cluster?). On PvE servers, if siege rift exists everyone can enter it using personal rift similar to epic portal. In case of both PvE and PvP appearance and collapse of this rift is signalized with global message similar to unique mobs one.

is that still "a thing" or was it scrapped?

I couldn't imagine that spawning randomly on the "normal" servers.... But maybe I'm wrong? :D

If the plan for that hasn't changed, then that would be interesting news to me.

Edited by Zekezor

Just now, Zekezor said:

is that still "a thing" or was it scrapped?

I couldn't imagine that spawning randomly on the "normal" servers.... But maybe I'm wrong? :D

This was just my idea for a new feature, rifts that are currently in development are not mine.