Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #18: Summer Fun

Warlanders idea was as a player, not as a dev. it was never a thing to be scrapped.

The rift/invasion system was completely seperate and always has been.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warlander said:

This was just my idea for a new feature, rifts that are currently in development are not mine.

:(

Rift is my favorite gamemode in destiny, this rift stuff is exciting.

I hope that new render engine has setting to run on low end computers. The last time Wurm did something major to graphics...animations, I had to get new computer parts. And, yes, I got an old-super slow, machine that was constructed with what would considered "budged" components when it was constructed years ago.

Idealy if a player is currently running the game on lowest graphics settings the new render engine would be able to run as efficiently if not even better. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

rifts are not instanced, and will occur on the server.

Not Instanced you say?

Hmm. I had a feeling... here we go again.

Edited by geode

4 minutes ago, geode said:

Not Instanced you say?

Hmm. I had a feeling... here we go again.

Has this happened before?

not this per se, just ... nevermind. The old ones will know what I mean.

• Like 1

I'm excited to PvE on a PvP server.. even more!! :-)

Oh, and can't forget the most likely to be a reward.. another moon metal!! XDD

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 4

Does the new rendering engine have any improvements on render distance/z-fighting?

21 hours ago, geode said:

not this per se, just ... nevermind. The old ones will know what I mean.

Afraid I do Geode. Not in the way of instances - where you enter - or you don't. Worried here now... fingers crossed I'm wrong.

17 minutes ago, Kianga said:

Afraid I do Geode. Not in the way of instances - where you enter - or you don't. Worried here now... fingers crossed I'm wrong.

Cant resolve your concerns if you dont raise them!

Keywords: Cavebugs and ilk. Trolls. Dragons. Something(s) making mayhem, causing lots of damage (even happening when I'm not even online) and me having to clean up after (if even possible, if not damaged or destroyed forever). More chores in other words. And forcing even more fighting. I am not thrilled by stress forced upon me - get enough of that real-life, in games I want choices in how much of that I let through  - or not. Also: making the world of wurm even more uninhabitable and unexplorable for newer players. Forcing them more then allready into one mold only. To name the most glaring parts of my just emerged worries (the possibilities presented by Warlander at the time sounded fine - you partake - or you don't; and no damage in the wurmworld outside of where they are: choice for all in other words).

Again: crossing fingers I'm wrong.

Edited by Kianga
(sp)

1 hour ago, Kianga said:

Keywords: Cavebugs and ilk. Trolls. Dragons. Something(s) making mayhem, causing lots of damage (even happening when I'm not even online) and me having to clean up after (if even possible, if not damaged or destroyed forever). More chores in other words. And forcing even more fighting. I am not thrilled by stress forced upon me - get enough of that real-life, in games I want choices in how much of that I let through  - or not. Also: making the world of wurm even more uninhabitable and unexplorable for newer players. Forcing them more then allready into one mold only. To name the most glaring parts of my just emerged worries (the possibilities presented by Warlander at the time sounded fine - you partake - or you don't; and no damage in the wurmworld outside of where they are: choice for all in other words).

Again: crossing fingers I'm wrong.

Basically describing Valrei mobs on epic

Ever since the shield bashing tweak about 2 years ago nogumps have dealt 20 second stuns consistently, which they chain to result in your inability to do anything to fight back, and as such nogumps kill both new and old players with ease.  What's funny is that the throwing that they used to do would sometimes save you by throwing you away from them, but now they don't do that either.  The only way to kill nogumps is to have a guard tower tank them as you archer them, but often a single nogump can eliminate 3 towers worth of guards before you finish archering if to death.  Now take into consideration the fact that nogumps usually spawn in groups of about 5.  Before the shield bashing tweak I was actually able to melee nogumps to death individually. Now I don't ###### with nogumps period 

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Cant resolve your concerns if you dont raise them!

Not going to ask you Retrograde to provide answers to satisfy a hunch from the gut. Rather than that I will wait until the details roll out from Rolf over the next few weeks, and then see what really happens with how Rifts actually hit the game when implememented. Then I will ask what questions I have after that. Until then we wait for the "weather".

Edited by geode

4 hours ago, Josh said:

Merge

if only a merge wouldnt totally ###### over the epic players

we'll lose not only our curve but also any skill we have because freedom doesnt seem to get that we get smaller ticks at higher levels and it becomes harder because we're only gaining skill that our effective level would

ie lvl 70 forward is as hard as lvl 90 forward

and lvl 90 forward is as hard as like 99+

EDIT: considering the fact that we get xp at our effective level's rate but with the double xp of the epic cluster, perhaps a fair merge would involve calculating the XP associated with our effective levels, and then halving it, and determining what level would have that amount of xp.  that i believe should show what level we actually achieved if we had not had double xp the whole time.  also would need something done about med and stam because those are much harder on epic due to both the limited options of earning body stam and the small size/infrequency of earning med ticks due to earning only at our effective level. perhaps some sort of boost to body stam based on our digging or w/e else contributes toward it on freedom

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 4

I dun want to watch more loading bars while clicking plisssssss

On 5/7/2016 at 2:42 AM, Rhianna said:

I hope not, hate it on WU , would hate to see it reintroduced, esp with the way Epic / Elevation is atm with so many trees

Right now with the way Epic/Elevation is with trees if a player dips into them they're probably gone. Atleast it would slow the escape. We need to start clear cutting/sanding our areas, rofl won't do anything

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

Right now with the way Epic/Elevation is with trees if a player dips into them they're probably gone. Atleast it would slow the escape. We need to start clear cutting/sanding our areas, rofl won't do anything

hota not being a steppe is lols

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

That's the spirit bruh, start clearcutting and sanding

Protip: smoke and drink a lot, it makes it bearable and easy

• Like 3

can y add FPS render old and new scene? 

Rifts

Non instanced:  So it will remain open and active until all the waves have been finished?  Could this last for days? If so, what happens on smaller servers where there is not enough players to finish the rift, will it give players from other servers the opportunity to sail over and come invade the whole thing and finish the rift off?  Does this mean that veteran players will now have say twitter feeds with events tab stating that a rift has opened, or just use spies on each server, to see if a rift is available so they can sail there and participate for the loots?  I know loots can't be hogged as it is directly into your inventory, but how will this impact the fact that perhaps a relatively new player, or someone who was not online when the rift opened, will not get a chance to participate?  Will this allow PvP players to come do the rifts on Freedom just for the armor and jewels which give special PvP advantages?

Can people leave the rift area to heal or log out?  Will they still get loot even if they are logged out at the time of the rift finishing?  Will you lose your body when you die in there?  Will you lose all your stuff and where will your body go if you do not go back there to get it, and the rift finishes?  What about skills?  Will you lose skills when you die?  Will teleport back to your token still work to take you out of that area?  Can you leave and come back after you have gotten more cotton or covers?  Can you bring your own horse?

Shaders

Will animals get some tinges of colours back?  Many people loved breeding unicorns for the different colours.  It certainly took away some of the magic when this was eliminated.

Underground houses

I agree that it will only be a matter of time before people will want underground decorations to craft...really awesome as it opens up a new gaming world for many old timers.

Carts not following terrain:  I will add this as it is a pet peeve of a very good friend of mine and I will support her by repeating it here:  Please make carts and wagons follow terrain.  Ta.

• Like 1