Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #18: Summer Fun

header.png

Hi Everyone!

Some big news this week, as I can finally reveal what’s being worked on, as well as when you’ll be seeing it!

But first…

Patch Notes

Wurm Online

Spoiler
May 4, 2016

Updates

• Updated deed permissions. “Destroy any building” is now a permission that can be set for any role other than ‘non citizen’.
  • Nathan and Tosiek followers and priests may now pray at the Bone Altar and butcher. Keeping negative alignment will also be easier.
  • Only players with “Modify Building” will be able to catapult a friendly house
  • Archery penalty is no longer affected by helms.
  • Changed archery penalty for heavier armours from a flat fail % to added difficulty depending on armour.
  • Combat tab now shows offensive, karma and healing spells (+ creature targeted dispel) Meditation messages are yet to come.
  • Throw has been removed from valrei mobs, uniques will still throw.
  • Shield of the Gone has been reduced to a 30% Damage reduction. An option to transfer one time from Path of Insanity will come in a future update.

Text Fixes

• Fixed example cost when mailing (1c rather than 10c).
  • Corrected instances of “alot” to  “a lot”.
  • Corrected the message when chosing HotS on Chaos as a new player from Golden Valley.
  • Corrected capitalisation on some titles.

Bug fixes.

• PvP Enemies will can now properly take from any structure they gain access to.
  • Casting dirt in loaded crates is now possible again.
  • Corrected Worm Brains precondition check.
  • Only one unit weight will be used when levelling with concrete (1 3kg unit per individual raising action).

Wurm Unlimited

Live

Spoiler

Patch Notes LIVE 04/MAY/16

4 May - Retrograde
Updates
  • Passengers on vehicles are blocked from trading with npcs.
  • Animals bred in captivity will no longer flee from players.
  • Overly aggressive creatures are now able to express their feelings, they will randomly bite on emotes as intended.
  • Kings may now expel members that are offline or off-server with both the old method and the new member list feature.
  • Added /mykingdoms so players can see their kingdom affiliations on any server.
  • Made chance on getting rock when foraging depend on inverse skill. e.g. more likely to get it on low skill.
  • Added flatten and level actions to ceilings.
  • Removed the one-per-tile limitation on FSBs and BSBs.
  • Added strength requirement of 23 in order to cast Break Altar on the White light and Black light huge altars.
  • Change for harvest times so more likely to be in default week.
  • Status Effect icon for Resurrection Stone added.
  • Items enchanted with Circle of Cunning, Wind of Ages, or Blessings of the Dark can no longer be stored in a bulk container.

Kingdom Member List
  • Available on the royal scepter/staff of office/claw when activated and right-clicked.
  • Provides a detailed list of members within a player-made kingdom
  • Shows last on, current village, and when joined.
  • Action buttons allow for appointing and expelling members by selecting them.
  • New Appoint window interface for the member list
  • Allows for filtering of the resulting list by player name using wildcards.
  • Legacy management options will remain intact.
Bugfixes
  • Dispel now uses the correct enchantment ID, demise enchantments can now be dispelled.
  • Old appointment window now sets offices correctly.
  • Mining now puts shards on the tile you’re standing at in order to properly calculate max number of items.
  • Item piles now close correctly when there is insufficient items to make a pile.
  • You may no longer put more than 100 coins and items in a container except your inventory. Note – You will also no longer receive coins in inventory while praying if it has more than 100 items.
  • Fences will now display RGB if dyed.
  • Unfinished walls will now take regular decay, continuing to build the wall will reset damage.
  • Failed skill rolls when woodcutting will no longer give high quality trees.
  • Changing the contents of the mailbox while sending will now abort the sending process.
  • Corrected double period text with ‘Get Info’ Skill.
  • You are no longer able to cast ‘Dirt’ on Bulk Storage Bins in your inventory.
  • Items dropped when on a bridge should no longer exceed the 100 limit.
  • Kingdom offices can now be set when the current holder is offline.
  • Non-citizens or allies with appropriate permissions now get the faster timers when moving and loading items on a deed on Freedom.
  • Fire vulnerability power now correctly displayed in spell status window.
  • Damage imbues will now dispel properly.
  • Hedges will now show dye RGB values.
  • Multi part items now have a correct chance of rarity when starting with rare components or having a moment of inspiration. They will now have a 1/(total items required +1) chance of turning rare+.

Beta

Spoiler
Updates
  • Updated deed permissions. “Destroy any building” is now a permission that can be set for any role other than ‘non citizen’.
  • Nathan and Tosiek followers and priests may now pray at the Bone Altar and butcher. Keeping negative alignment will also be easier.
  • Only players with “Modify Building” will be able to catapult a friendly house
  • Archery penalty is no longer affected by helms.
  • Changed archery penalty for heavier armours from a flat fail % to added difficulty depending on armour.
  • Combat tab now shows offensive, karma and healing spells (+ creature targeted dispel) Meditation messages are yet to come.
  • Throw has been removed from valrei mobs, uniques will still throw.
  • Shield of the Gone has been reduced to a 30% Damage reduction. An option to transfer one time from Path of Insanity will come in a future update.
  • Information Minister territory messages have been removed.
  • Branches, Rock Iron and slate/marble shards can now be discarded from inventory.
Text Fixes
  • Fixed example cost when mailing (1c rather than 10c).
  • Corrected instances of “alot” to “a lot”.
  • Corrected the message when chosing HotS on Chaos as a new player from Golden Valley.
  • Corrected capitalisation on some titles.
  • Many grammar and spelling issues corrected.
    • “After breeding you will start stop leading.” is now “After you finish breeding you will stop leading.
    • “Rumours of The Unique Name is starting to spread.” is now “Rumours of The Unique Name are starting to spread.”
  • Corrected double period text with ‘Get Info’ Skill.
Bug fixes.
  • PvP Enemies will can now properly take from any structure they gain access to.
  • Casting dirt in loaded crates is now possible again.
  • Corrected Worm Brains precondition check.
  • Only one unit weight will be used when levelling with concrete (1 3kg unit per individual raising action).
  • Changing the contents of the mailbox while sending will now abort the sending process.
  • You are no longer able to cast ‘Dirt’ on Bulk Storage Bins in your inventory.
  • Salt, flint and gems will now land in the same pile as shards.
  • Floor reinforcements can now be removed even when the tile is at maximum mining depth.
  • During some actions checks for errors should now occur before giving skill gain.
  • Allowed the ability to always lead animals on a PvP server.
  • Expelling kingdom members has been improved, with feedback given upon failures.
  • Combat Rating calculation for Player Vs Player has been corrected to 1 CR point per 5 fight skill.
  • Some reported height problems with creating bridges have been resolved.

Class Changelog

In an effort to help those who mod, these are the files that changed between the beta releases.

Server

com/wurmonline/server/behaviours/ActionEntry.java
com/wurmonline/server/behaviours/ActionStack.java
com/wurmonline/server/behaviours/Actions.java
com/wurmonline/server/behaviours/CaveTileBehaviour.java
com/wurmonline/server/behaviours/CaveWallBehaviour.java
com/wurmonline/server/behaviours/CreatureBehaviour.java
com/wurmonline/server/behaviours/ItemBehaviour.java
com/wurmonline/server/behaviours/Methods.java
com/wurmonline/server/behaviours/MethodsItems.java
com/wurmonline/server/behaviours/MethodsReligion.java
com/wurmonline/server/behaviours/MethodsStructure.java
com/wurmonline/server/behaviours/TileBehaviour.java
com/wurmonline/server/behaviours/TileRockBehaviour.java
com/wurmonline/server/combat/Archery.java
com/wurmonline/server/combat/Arrows.java
com/wurmonline/server/combat/ServerProjectile.java
com/wurmonline/server/creatures/CombatHandler.java
com/wurmonline/server/creatures/Communicator.java
com/wurmonline/server/creatures/Creature.java
com/wurmonline/server/creatures/CreatureTemplate.java
com/wurmonline/server/creatures/CreatureTemplateCreator.java
com/wurmonline/server/creatures/ai/PathTile.java
com/wurmonline/server/deities/Deities.java
com/wurmonline/server/intra/IntraServerConnection.java
com/wurmonline/server/items/AdvancedCreationEntry.java
com/wurmonline/server/items/DbItem.java
com/wurmonline/server/items/Item.java
com/wurmonline/server/items/ItemTemplate.java
com/wurmonline/server/items/ItemTemplateCreator.java
com/wurmonline/server/items/ItemTemplateCreatorContinued.java
com/wurmonline/server/kingdom/Kingdom.java
com/wurmonline/server/players/AchievementGenerator.java
com/wurmonline/server/players/Cultist.java
com/wurmonline/server/players/Player.java
com/wurmonline/server/players/Titles.java
com/wurmonline/server/questions/EntityMoveQuestion.java
com/wurmonline/server/questions/GmSetMedPath.java
com/wurmonline/server/questions/GmTool.java
com/wurmonline/server/questions/MailSendConfirmQuestion.java
com/wurmonline/server/questions/MailSendQuestion.java
com/wurmonline/server/questions/PlayerProfileQuestion.java
com/wurmonline/server/questions/PortalQuestion.java
com/wurmonline/server/questions/QuestionTypes.java
com/wurmonline/server/questions/QuestionTypes.java.orig
com/wurmonline/server/questions/VillageRolesManageQuestion.java
com/wurmonline/server/questions/VillageUpkeep.java
com/wurmonline/server/spells/CureLight.java
com/wurmonline/server/spells/CureMedium.java
com/wurmonline/server/spells/CureSerious.java
com/wurmonline/server/spells/Dirt.java
com/wurmonline/server/spells/DrainHealth.java
com/wurmonline/server/spells/Heal.java
com/wurmonline/server/spells/LightOfFo.java
com/wurmonline/server/spells/MirroredSelf.java
com/wurmonline/server/spells/ScornOfLibila.java
com/wurmonline/server/spells/Spell.java
com/wurmonline/server/spells/StrongWall.java
com/wurmonline/server/spells/WormBrains.java
com/wurmonline/server/structures/Blocker.java
com/wurmonline/server/structures/DbBridgePart.java
com/wurmonline/server/structures/DbFloor.java
com/wurmonline/server/structures/Fence.java
com/wurmonline/server/structures/Floor.java
com/wurmonline/server/structures/Structure.java
com/wurmonline/server/structures/Wall.java
com/wurmonline/server/villages/Village.java
com/wurmonline/server/zones/VirtualZone.java

Client

com/wurmonline/client/console/ActionClass.java
com/wurmonline/client/game/PlayerObj.java
com/wurmonline/client/game/SkillLogic.java
com/wurmonline/client/launcherfx/WurmSettingsFX.java
com/wurmonline/client/options/keybinding/PlayerKeybind.java
com/wurmonline/client/renderer/effects/TorchFlame.java
com/wurmonline/client/renderer/gui/HeadsUpDisplay.java
com/wurmonline/client/renderer/gui/ToolBelt.java
com/wurmonline/client/renderer/gui/text/FontTexture.java
com/wurmonline/client/renderer/gui/text/SimpleTextFont.java

Common

com/wurmonline/shared/constants/FightConstants.java
com/wurmonline/shared/constants/IconConstants.java
com/wurmonline/shared/constants/SteamVersion.java
com/wurmonline/shared/util/StringUtilities.java

PvP updates!

We’re pleased to see that the updates have been well received. We’re not looking to rest on  our heels though and along with continuing to work on other projects mentioned in this news we’ll be also drawing up plans to tackle some of the more tricky areas, as well as looking forward to a much larger overhaul down the line.

Enkis Deliverance Derby of Death! (sorry Magykal!)

The deliverance derby event sure turned out to be a little more bloody than anticipated! The sheer number of racers meant chaos at the checkpoints, as creatures spawned to harass the poor riders. The race was a lot of fun, and while Enki managed to collect a few more corpses, most people agreed that it was a good time (those who survived!)

Summer of Fun

This summer is gearing up to be a big one, and I can finally share some of it with you all! We will be releasing a huge update at the end of the month, including cave dwellings, rifts, the new client launcher, and the new rendering engine! We’ll have more information coming as we go into detail with each feature, but expect a public test in the near future!

A New Moon is Rising.

A prophecy long hinted at, many whispers about one of the moons orbiting the lands of Wurm and all the creatures that dwell on it have set their sights on the world of Wurm!  Invasions of these unholy twisted creatures will be the background for our rift system, with these strange and twisted creatures looking to drain the world of Wurm of its essence/resources/lavender sprouts. We’ll have more information in next week’s news prior to the testing, so get your battle gear ready!

New client renderer

Long teased, long discussed, and often considered fictional. We’re nearing the end of our inhouse testing of the new client renderer, and look forward to including it within testing soon! This will have greatly improved performance with the game, as well as some much smoother looking views.

Check out the amazing before and after view of shadows:

http://i.imgur.com/LPGn3Qn.mp4

Community content

This week's showcase is a bit of nostalgia for me. Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals was the first RPG I ever played, and the first game I ever got fully absorbed by. Over the long years I’ve played many RPG’s, and many games, but Lufia has always had a special place. One of our talented community mapmakers has recreated the world of Lufia II in wurm unlimited! I’m absolutely thrilled and in love with it, and I may just have to rebuild Alunze Kingdom!

Of course after all this, we also have the Anniversary (Can Wurmiversary be a thing?) We haven't forgotten about that, and will be working on some fun events and surprises for you all there too, but until next week, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde and the Wurm team

• Like 28

I am excited about the new engine the shadows look great :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Any more info on the starter town designs?

Linton is up, strongbox needs some more pictures. this week got away from me sorry!

Just now, Retrograde said:

Linton is up, strongbox needs some more pictures. this week got away from me sorry!

Yeah I just found the Linton one!  Was about to start looking for Strongbox, but alas, you say there are no pics. lol

Alrigtht. It's time to start planning my batcave.

• Like 1

will the new renderer possibly enable the dev team to add the long awaited shaders for different wood colours (on items like chests, BSBs, boats)  at some point ?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Galadhel said:

will the new renderer possibly enable the dev team to add the long awaited shaders for different wood colours (on items like chests, BSBs, boats)  at some point ?

Yes

• Like 10

To arms fellow wurmians! May they never steal our lavender sprouts, hide your sickles so they may never get the option to 'pick sprout'

Right on .. Wurm enters the Caveman age again for a second go at it.. no i am not being sarcastic...yay Caves...

13 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Yes

OMG. Time to go murder a lot of cherry trees. This is all great news!

• Like 1

I have from a secret central source heard that the shaders wont be ready from start thou. But eventually! :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

New client renderer

Long teased, long discussed, and often considered fictional. We’re nearing the end of our inhouse testing of the new client renderer, and look forward to including it within testing soon! This will have greatly improved performance with the game, as well as some much smoother looking views.

Check out the amazing before and after view of shadows:

http://i.imgur.com/LPGn3Qn.mp4

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! What wonderful news! I can't count how many times I've wished that the behavior of light and shadow were more realistic and contrasted in the game. Exactly what can be seen here, the sun hitting the ground actually looks sunny and the shadows are dark and deep. Love it! Can hardly wait for this!

• Like 3

I remember reading somewhere that the new clothing stuff was being put on hold until the new rendering system is finished, does that mean that all of that will come now when the update is released?

• Like 2

Its so nice to finally see changes and so many new plans/updates this will lit the wurm spark inside of me again! Long live wurm online!

• Like 1

will cave  dwellings  be for  both Wu and  Wo?  Also What  kind of  Loot  can we  get  from rifts?

41 minutes ago, Malena said:

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! What wonderful news! I can't count how many times I've wished that the behavior of light and shadow were more realistic and contrasted in the game. Exactly what can be seen here, the sun hitting the ground actually looks sunny and the shadows are dark and deep. Love it! Can hardly wait for this!

But we still can't put something to drink or eat on a table next to chair while admiring new shadows (yet). :)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

:o  What did you do to my Magy?!?!?!?!   Did she get lost again and die? *makes note to put a gravestone up*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The deliverance derby event sure turned out to be a little more bloody than anticipated! The sheer number of racers meant chaos at the checkpoints, as creatures spawned to harass the poor riders. The race was a lot of fun, and while Enki managed to collect a few more corpses, most people agreed that it was a good time (those who survived!)

Summer of Fun

This summer is gearing up to be a big one, and I can finally share some of it with you all! We will be releasing a huge update at the end of the month, including cave dwellings, rifts, the new client launcher, and the new rendering engine! We’ll have more information coming as we go into detail with each feature, but expect a public test in the near future!

Retrograde and the Wurm team

Best newsletter ever!!  No .. 2nd best!  I'm excited about everything!  Now it's going to make taking a vacation much harder.  You are forgiven, Retro.  It was still fun and I look forward to many more great times! ;-)

Cave dwellings opens up the imagination for new possibilities

yiUyYmG.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, luvable said:

:o  What did you do to my Magy?!?!?!?!   Did she get lost again and die? *makes note to put a gravestone up*

It's all good, Luvable!  He just promised Magy NO DEATH and failed that promise miserably. Corpse recovery was excellent.  A day I'll never forget - nor will Retrograde! Loooool