Sign in to follow this  
razoreqx

Ages of Urath

Http://AgesOfUrath.com

Ages of Urath needs a solid map maker to work on additional cluster server maps at 4096.  

Currently running 16 clusters:   two online adding a third cluster in a week. 

If interested PM me

Edited by razoreqx

Bumping this thread.   I want to get a quality map maker to work with to rebuilt some of the traditional maps from Urath made and really need a pro to work with on this project.   Please reach out to me.    

It sounds like some of the maps you already have, just want redone? Am I right to assume you want new maps made from scratch as well? You have 16 clusters, but only 3 active maps - does that mean you need 13 new maps and 1-3 recreated ones?

I wouldn't consider myself a pro, by any means, but I did enjoy making my Lufia map and several people seemed to like it well enough. I may be interested in trying my hand at a few more maps. I guess shoot me a pm and let me know more of what you had in mind and I'll see what I can do to help out.

Edited by Onsdag

He has some really nice maps from quite a few years ago from past iterations of his game. I have been trying to find a good way to do it, he gave me one to try to work with. I tinker with it in my spare time but mainly when I translate it into a heightmap I have problems with the northern section because its either snow or light sand on the original map, which when converted to a heightmap makes some gnarly cliffs lol.

• Like 1

am i pro?  :P ill take a stab at one in my spare time

HAHA, I think he has a bunch of maps to do. I was trying to be cool about it, but that snowy area in the north blew my cool status lol. Working on trying to generate it in World Machine now.

dunno what you got but if you have heightmaps i'd take em in photoshop first to clean em up and mess with the greys n such till the mountains are the right height and smoothness, then i'd load em in worldmachine to add the nice things it does like flowmaps coastline and errosion, then back to mapgen to get biom img and generating all height related bioms then back to photoshop for the rest of the bioms then back to mapgen for the final generation :P

but yeah, first step is heightmaps

I had just taken the old map he gave me and turned the water black, changed it to 16 bit greyscale, and did some blurring etc, but the snow area in the north was max height and made a mess, the rest of the map wasn't bad. So now I am using an outline of the map converted to a svg and importing that as a shape into world builder. Just takes a whole lot more twinking around in WB haha.

• Like 1

Since somebody has been deleting my posts on AoU website, I'm going to try to ask here.

A couple of days ago, I've been mining for hours, then rollback destroyed most of my work. Razor said it's was only "1 hour" rollback, I'd say more, but w/e, no big deal...

So, next day I've been mining again, I even made a video, to document my progress this time.

And guess what, next day my work has been destroyed yet again.

I understand there's been some problems with an update or something, but I think I deserve an answer: Is it safe to mine already? Or is there still a possibility of another random rollback?

Thanks.

PS: I love this server, it's truly the best one.

Edit: I've just read the post about reboot, I guess I'm going to take a break for a couple of days till things get sorted out.

Edited by Borgir