Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 04/MAY/16

Path of Love is ridiculously overpowered and needs to be nerfed asap.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Well you took words and put some action to it. Nicely done and thanks.

It's great that these patches were made but we can't lose steam, what are the next things to look at?

Some easy - not allowing mail to be sent with enemy in local - not able to Karma to a deed if enemy are in the deeds local etc etc etc
Some harder - Valrei tombs %'s - deed defence/deed offense., etcc etc etc

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 4

like the changes now if only there was more Wiki info on PVP side of the coin, so newbies or sorta newbies like myself could learn a bit before being slaughtered on sight from an enemy Vet.. and yes there are players to help out but its still a long crawl coming from PVE to PVP and making it a plausible choice..

Now that sotg has been nerfed, has anyone returned to wurm?

I assume the catapult/modify building thing only applies to PvE servers, and/or on-deed on PvP? 

7 hours ago, Psalamon said:

like the changes now if only there was more Wiki info on PVP side of the coin, so newbies or sorta newbies like myself could learn a bit before being slaughtered on sight from an enemy Vet.. and yes there are players to help out but its still a long crawl coming from PVE to PVP and making it a plausible choice..

Noted. The PvP side of the Wiki is a mess thanks to a decade of bad info, rumors, mechanics changes, and people just not knowing how to test stuff properly before spouting it as fact, so it'll be a bit of a project cleaning it all up. But I agree, we need to make that info more accessible.

13 hours ago, Erinyesthegreat said:

hate bonus damage lasts for 15mins every 18 to 24 hours gl with that

gl having pvp in melee for more than 15 minutes at a time multiple times per day

• Like 5

18 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Archery penalty is no longer affected by helms.

Hopefully this is only a bandaid until armor is rebalanced and proper face protection becomes available on other armor tiers? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there's an effort to make archery and lighter armor more usable. But people in leather running around with buckets on their heads just look dumb. Grinding platesmithing and making steel should only be a requirement if you actually intend to wear plate, and not because you're being forced into it by unfinished and unbalanced game mechanics.

Edited by Fawkes
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

haha lol 

no

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

yes everyone returned after the devs changed a 0.5 value into a 0.3 value in the code.

3 hours ago, Fawkes said:

Hopefully this is only a bandaid until armor is rebalanced and proper face protection becomes available on other armor tiers? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there's an effort to make archery and lighter armor more usable. But people in leather running around with buckets on their heads just look dumb. Grinding platesmithing and making steel should only be a requirement if you actually intend to wear plate, and not because you're being forced into it by unfinished and unbalanced game mechanics.

yes please add studded leather face masks so we dont get face shotted

66ec3530339c77c976c3d31cc842b7a7.jpg

• Like 5

On 04/05/2016 at 0:39 PM, DevBlog said:

Updates

• Nathan and Tosiek followers and priests may now pray at the Bone Altar and butcher. Keeping negative alignment will also be easier.

So, how will keeping negative alignment be easier? Maybe some details?

On 04/05/2016 at 3:15 PM, Alexgopen said:

no it isnt

path of hate is better at only level 30 med as opposed to having to get 70 for an inferior path

150 * .7 = 105

you now do 5% extra damage against a sotg player by using hate damage (and +50% against everyone else), not to mention the other good buffs like spell immunity and fear effect (for +2 cr) that path of hate gives

there is now no reason to be sotg when hate lvl 30 takes far less time. new balancing is now sotg>non-sotg, sotg=sotg, sotg<hate

I really don't know how you consider this a good buff.

It is only effective in PvP   IF you have an opponent who is a priest, and then IF they like to use the direct damage spells instead of the AoE ones and IF they don't know you have the immunity THEN you might get to use the immunity. What actually happens is that they know you have it so either cast an AoE on you and others around you or single target someone else in your place. I don't think the devs could have chosen a more specifically situational buff in this game if they tried.

1 hour ago, Gaeron said:

It is only effective in PvP   IF you have an opponent who is a priest, and then IF they like to use the direct damage spells instead of the AoE ones and IF they don't know you have the immunity THEN you might get to use the immunity. What actually happens is that they know you have it so either cast an AoE on you and others around you or single target someone else in your place. I don't think the devs could have chosen a more specifically situational buff in this game if they tried.

i guess chaos doesnt boat fight much

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gaeron said:

Both praying at bone altar and butchering human bodies give negative alignment.

7 hours ago, Gaeron said:

Situational is how different features should be, not ubiquitous. That's a huge part of the reason for the nerf to gone.

I'm glad the change is forcing some people to reconsider med paths. That means we're on the right path to getting balance fixed. However, I'm not sure how many of these reactions are actually logical and well-thought-out as opposed to how many are knee-jerk overreactions. Either way, it's still good to possibly see some diversity in meditation paths. Let's keep it going.

21 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

yes please add studded leather face masks so we dont get face shotted

66ec3530339c77c976c3d31cc842b7a7.jpg

Get outta here Alex - you could kill someone with that thing

2 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

Get outta here Alex - you could kill someone with that thing

it's got aosp

• Like 2

On 04/05/2016 at 5:45 PM, Fireflyb said:

This is kind of besides the point, but: 

11* 24 Days 166 Days 12 hours 70

That's ~5.5 months to get from 0 to 11 just in timers; and that's assuming you have enough meditating skill along the way, which iirc would be pretty hard to do.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Meditating

Unless I am doing something very wrong, the reality is it will take a lot longer than that anyway when you factor in the number of times you have to med before getting a skill tick and also presumes you have enough sleep bonus

7 minutes ago, Senitor said:

Unless I am doing something very wrong, the reality is it will take a lot longer than that anyway when you factor in the number of times you have to med before getting a skill tick and also presumes you have enough sleep bonus

[2015-04-06] [04:29:29] Meditating increased by 1,00 to 2,000
[2015-07-15] [21:38:07] Meditating increased by 0,0617 to 60,050
[2015-10-19] [11:23:10] Meditating increased by 0,0399 to 70,015
2004 total meditations
691 ticks, including many refresh ticks

this is on epic, where it's slower due to the higher effective skill

also about 10-12 meditations a day, which isn't possible for most people if you've got school/job/any sort of sleep schedule or whatever

sb isn't an issue since you only activate it at the very end of the meditation and then log off, so only about 5 seconds of meditation is wasted each time

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Worksock said:

[2015-04-06] [04:29:29] Meditating increased by 1,00 to 2,000
[2015-07-15] [21:38:07] Meditating increased by 0,0617 to 60,050
[2015-10-19] [11:23:10] Meditating increased by 0,0399 to 70,015
2004 total meditations
691 ticks, including many refresh ticks

this is on epic, where it's slower due to the higher effective skill

also about 10-12 meditations a day, which isn't possible for most people if you've got school/job/any sort of sleep schedule or whatever

sb isn't an issue since you only activate it at the very end of the meditation and then log off, so only about 5 seconds of meditation is wasted each time

yea but how many times did you leave path

Does this apply to WU also?

Are there separate patch notes somewhere for WU I'm missing?

How does one know what is blessed enough to make it to WU?

Sign in to follow this