Sign in to follow this  
Frosty

mining - see slopes like digging

High digging lets you see slopes from a distance, but currently mining does not.  Please give higher level mining the ability to read slopes from a distance as well.  Both let you level & flatten.  You dig a surface or surface mine.  Very similar results happen from either.  Just not sure why only digging let's you read slope from a distance.

• Like 2

For digging, you can read the slope from tile borders, mine tiles are actually just the same as tiles above ground, that is, you can see when they are flat, but cannot see the slope of the tile itself directly.

So to read the slope we'd need tile borders in mines.

+1

7 hours ago, Zenity said:

For digging, you can read the slope from tile borders, mine tiles are actually just the same as tiles above ground, that is, you can see when they are flat, but cannot see the slope of the tile itself directly.

The game already has code to determine where you are standing so it can tell you if the slope is up or down on the surface. Add code to determine which corner you are mousing over (already in the game as well) and it would be very doable to give the corner-to-corner slope even without tile borders.

Of course, I wouldn't object to tile borders in caves with the upcoming underground living updates either.

Won't they be adding tile borders for underground housing? They could kill 2 birds with one stone there surely??

On 30.04.2016 at 5:49 PM, Zenity said:

This is about  surface mining. You can only see slopes of adjacent rock borders on the surface.

+1

Edited by zigozag

+1 to this inside and outside of a mine.  I have priests that can't dig and are forever stuck with only reading slopes 1 tiles max distance.  They can mine like crazy and I'd like to see that skill apply.