Sign in to follow this  
Daolin

Remove follower restrictions on building Colossus

I'm curious how much resistance this suggestion will get but i'm going to make it anyway.

Currently you must be a follower of a god to continue "their" colossus, since you can't follow Libila legally on freedom, it's the only colossus not possible to be built there.  I personally have no interest in playing on epic on hots home and I have no interest in returning to chaos. So my suggestion/request is to make it possible for players of any faith to build + continue any colossus.

Looking for pros/cons to this suggestion.

Thanks

-One argument I can see against it is that "it doesn't belong on a pve server"  but at the same time, I sent out several hundred hots towers a few years ago from chaos that couldn't be started on freedom and those towers stand tall across the cluster even today, at the time JK and MR started doing the same so there are many many towers that are pretty much the same thing. (Just a different model that "doesnt belong on a pve server)

Edited by Daolin
Edited to add possible "Con"
  • Like 8

I think it could be interesting. I personally cant come up with a Con. 

I'd buy one and build it :)

I see no issues with this.  I was going to switch gods to follow, to build multiple colossi, but this would sure simplify it.

As long as they're entirely 100% cosmetic, I don't see the problem with freeing up their creation to whoever, wherever.. at least on PvE servers.

I agree, there are many who would love to have a Libila colossus, myself included. We can have the banners, flags, and wagons from black light kingdoms, we can have tools enchanted by Libila priests, we can now even have black light aligned gods on the pve servers, so why can't we have a Libila colossus?

Edited by Marienara

3 minutes ago, Belfesar said:

Bit Ironic that you -1 this when I made a thread wanting the same thing several months ago ^^ lol.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/131426-remove-colossus-restrictions/&page=2

My opinion changed on the matter clearly :P

At the time however it was viable to play as a Libila follower on the freedom cluster, that's no longer really the case.  Though I do regret my attitude toward your suggestion now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daolin said:

My opinion changed on the matter clearly :P

At the time however it was viable to play as a Libila follower on the freedom cluster, that's no longer really the case.  Though I do regret my attitude toward your suggestion now. 

I doubt that the restriction will be lifted and this thread will slowly get lost like mine did, But +1 from me anyway, Still a bit dumbfounded why they thought it was a good Idea to place the restriction in the first place. Just another example of changing things that were fine the way the were like so many others :)

• Like 2

+1

I've always wanted to build a lib and a fo colossus facing each other, so it's hard to tell whether Fo's yelling at her or about to bearhug her, and whether said hug would be happy or in combat.

1 minute ago, Mordraug said:

+1

I've always wanted to build a lib and a fo colossus facing each other, so it's hard to tell whether Fo's yelling at her or about to bearhug her, and whether said hug would be happy or in combat.

Ohhh, I'd love to see something like that, especially knowing about the lore hidden in the secret puppet shows.

Little things WU players have easier access to that WO could do with.  It's kept me interested in the MMO, and I see a lot of player AND staff attitudes changing towards stuff that's being modded into WU that a year ago would have been blasphemy to even joke about *grin*

I think WU may in the long run bring back old players to WO if this kinda stuff goes through.

Let's give one to Chaos that said, Nathan/Nacho (there a third one? I lost track) colossi so BL and WL have exclusives to sell to PvE... so same with towers, "can continue, just not start.. you'll always start your god's/kingdom's".  Call it a tip of the hat to Epic for lending us the new gods.

Pantheons are cool, imagine the sermon deed decorations! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Belfesar said:

I doubt that the restriction will be lifted and this thread will slowly get lost like mine did, But +1 from me anyway, Still a bit dumbfounded why they thought it was a good Idea to place the restriction in the first place. Just another example of changing things that were fine the way the were like so many others :)

There have been a lot of other changes recently so heres hoping.

As for my response on your original version of this suggestion, i've added a note that it's now +1 :P

• Like 2

Epic has player Gods - Freedom servers have that as well. Epic have missions for a reason - freedom have missions for karma? . Epic have dragons - freedom have dragons.

So freedom have all that op stuff which meant to be for pvp only, and without any risk but can not have a Libila colossus... That's kinda sad...

+1

• Like 1

wurm.20160403.0944.jpg

Allowing other Chaos stuff but not a decorative colossus is just plain dumb

• Like 1

+1 elevation reset deleted my mag colossus and i want a new one but being a mag follower is dumb

Libila should never ever be able to leave hots territory, but since the lore is so ###### up anyways this can be done now also too I guess

I kinda like the notion of crafting all the statues.  I've personally considered building a temple to all four.

11 hours ago, LorenaMontana said:

Libila should never ever be able to leave hots territory, but since the lore is so ###### up anyways this can be done now also too I guess

Not trying to cheapshot you or be sarcastic but..... face it.... the only serious Wurm RP you could expect at this point is gonna be in WU where you can effectively keep the non-RPers out of said servers.

Adding Lib colossi to PvE would basically be big statues, pixel ones at that which costs no dev time other than tweaking a couple of settings, and adds another mini-feature to a game that needs as many as possible considering the high for the industry price point.

PvE is to CC a bunch of people paying to chill and build and collect shinies to bling up their deeds over time (with hundreds of definitions of "bling").  Some will buy HotA statues, others will make a deed shine with 20 crates of bricks and mortars.

The global MMO community is mostly PvE'ers.  PvP has its place as it's a LARGE enough minority (25% my personal guesstimate).  Maybe it's time Epic and to some extent Chaos accept the idea of getting all that cool bling first but PvE getting it in some form eventually, just for the sake of CC having more to offer to the chillaxed majority in exchange for their monthly bucks.

Having more stuff on PvE still won't keep the violent at heart from crossing over to PvP, shinies won't steal your people rest assured.  A decent chunk of Pristine and Release made a beeline for chaos the minute Xanadu was connected after all, eh?

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 1

+1, less restrictions not more.

While the devs are at they could remove the dual faith between Chaos and the rest of freedom and let Lib join the rest of the BL gods. Just be sure Mycelium doesn't come over with Lib and welcome her with to freedom.

15 hours ago, LorenaMontana said:

Well, if you are going strictly on the lore of the game, you need to understand that after the Three killed Libila, they decided to that all the newcomers (us regular wurmians) should be given to her as a gift to try and pacify her. They told her that we all belonged to her, and though they seem to have rescinded the sentiment, it would still stand to reason that wherever "newcomers" are found, so should be found followers of Libila.