Sign in to follow this  
jackjones

Summerholt Sermon Sessions --> May 3 Onwards

We are proud to announce the beginning of an organized sermon group located just east of Summerholt at the Summerholt Market.  The market is accessible via land or sea and has a chapel toward the water side where we will hold our sermons.

The Summerholt Sermon Sessions begin Thursday, May 3rd, at 1930 (7:30pm) Eastern Time in the ole US of A. (GMT -4).  Feel free to gather ahead of time and start when 7 or more participants are ready. We are hoping to cater to a world-wide audience so that once us Yanks go to bed, the Aussie, Asian, Russian (Spasibo!), and eventually the European players can continue the awesomeness. Let's get into rhythm!

Sermon Rules:

All Participants:

• There are limits to what you can do while waiting your turn. (i.e. You can't perform actions that cause alignment changes.)
  • Be prepared to wait long hours for your turn.

Preachers:

• Priests of any religion are able to hold a sermon. (Sorry, no followers can preach.)
  • Once you give a sermon, you must wait at least 3 hours to sermon again.

Listeners: 

• Within the group, you will spend most of your time as a listener. 
  • A minimum of 6 listeners for a sermon are required for the best faith gains and for the prayer/faith per day reset mechanism.
  • Valid listeners are:
    • Priests or followers of any religion with premium accounts
    • Priests or followers that have NOT had an alignment change in the 30 minutes from the last sermon
    • Stand within 4 tiles of the preacher.
    • Not aboard a cart or wagon.

The List:

• A list will be maintained at all times to determine the order of the priests giving the next sermon.
  • Once you have given your sermon, you will be placed at the end of the list.
  • As a preacher, you must wait at least 3 hours to sermon again.
  • The person controlling the list must be present and not AFK to help manage the sermons.
  • You must pass the list when you are logging out or AFK for more than 30 minutes.

The Countdown:

• Once a sermon is completed, the next valid sermon can be done in 30 minutes.
  • The person managing the list will also need to keep track of the timing for the next sermon.
  • As preachers, it's up to you to track that you haven't given a sermon in the last 3 hours.

Notes on Alignment:

• Sermons will cause both the preacher and listener's alignment to go up. 
  • If it doesn't go up, the listener does not count as a valid listener. 
  • It is then very important not to do anything while standing around waiting the might cause an alignment change. 

Valid Tasks for Waiting:

Emotes,

Talking,

Channeling?,

Other things that more seasoned preachers will post below.

Edited by jackjones
  • Like 2

Great to see this plan coming together. Let me know if there is any settings or anything you need to be made available at the market to accommodate the sermons!

• Like 2

Word of advice?  Hide your beds.  If priests are sleeping in beds you're not getting the maximum faith gains from having them stand around.  I *might* bring two of my own.

I have a Vynora I could bring, but not keep on all the time, sadly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

Word of advice?  Hide your beds.  If priests are sleeping in beds you're not getting the maximum faith gains from having them stand around.  I *might* bring two of my own.

That would be great, WG, to have someone with your experience.. The beds in the Inn are at least 20 tiles away, if not more. 

I want to start our sermon group this week. Stay tuned for a new post about the Summerholt Sermon group!

We started this sermon group and saw some faith and alignment gains last night. We are going to try again on Thursday evening at 7:30pm Eastern time.

We are holding the sermon group again tonight at 730pm Eastern time at the chapel in the Summerholt Market, seconds from Summerholt.

Bring out your priest or your followers!  Lets get some faith.

• Like 1

We are going to try this again tonight, however, my two characters and a handful of others will be AFK nearly the entire evening.

If someone else would like to manage the priest list, the timers, etc, feel free to come by and get a sermon in while you have the listeners!

Otherwise, I plan to return Sunday evening to sermon.

• Like 1

We will be back tomorrow night, (Thursday the 12th) at 7:30pm Eastern.

Let's get ready to sermoooooonnnn..!

Will try to be there, if you don't see me.. please send me a pm reminder :)

Doing this tonight.. get thee to the Summerholt Market Chapel ASAP!!

Here we go again, tonight at 7:30PM Eastern Time... 

Also looking for a backup sermon overlord, because sermons are hell..

• Like 1

It doesn't take an "overlord" to do sermons.  Have your priests posts the event in local.  If they're too dumb to copy and paste, find priests who aren't.

[00:47:13] Wargasm finishes the sermon by asking you to join him in a prayer to <god>.

30 minutes from that timestamp is when the next sermon can end.  So I just tell people to preach again at "18"