Sign in to follow this  
Enill

Archer?

I hunt all the the time using archery.  Have done since I arrived really. Got up to 30 or so archery using a target, then went after mobs.  If you stay out of aggro range and avoid hellhounds you should be fine. Helps to be mounted on a horse or cart so you can leg it if they do come after you.

• Like 1

Now the trap skill for PvP how does that work because ye know an archer for rpg use traps for a quick debuff then pin an with arrows acouple more times is it like that?

5 hours ago, Enill said:

Now the trap skill for PvP how does that work because ye know an archer for rpg use traps for a quick debuff then pin an with arrows acouple more times is it like that?

Traps are pretty much a waste of time, unfit for purpose.

Their real uses are twofold, to help gain in a skill line by improving them and to get some overall thievery skill when planting/triggering them (seriously)

What you mentioned above would be for a net trap, triggering one will slow down whoever trips it, now bear in mind the following

• It takes time to make a decent quality trap.
  • Unless you've ground the trap skill there is a good chance you'll fail to plant the trap (destroying rather than damaging it)
  • Trap types are linked to terrain types.
  • The effectiveness of a trap takes into account decay damage so a 30ql 0dmg trap is better than a 50ql 50dmg trap
  • Traps decay quickly
  • You usually need quite a few planted in the hope that your enemy runs over at least one.
  • You need to plant the trap when no enemies are around so they won't know to try and disarm.

We tried all sorts to make traps be an effective part of the PvP repertoire but the TL;DR is you need to get lucky for them to work. Its sweet when they do but the ROI is way low.

Surprisingly effective from a sailboat.  Using a longbow, you can shoot just fine while moored and if you are far enough away, the target doesn't even notice you killing it.  For fun, I attacked a wolf using only a long bow and arrow shafts - damage was surprising.  Safe way to kill wolves without risk.

Apparently you are ALSO able to fling your Large Axe into the ocean by accident.  ?

Edited by frozenjim
  • Like 2

i always found archery to be an effective way to aggro mobs that have climbed mountains to come back .. you could even aggro your prize horse to come back then let it cool down after with taming using shafts i suppose... archery is many faceted.. but definately aggro a hellhound off a cliff to get him into range of your two hander is very viable...

there was a great archery guide that was on the old pages of the wiki where i got that idea from actually on hunting .. ther sport of that is..