Sign in to follow this  
Enill

Free chat program

Anyone know of a low performance free chat program that cuases minimal lag, I'm already on all the lowest settings wish I could get rid of rain and what not but running the chat I have now (discord) cuases way to much lag 

TeamSpeak 3 for voicechat and some IRC client for text.

Speaking of, a phone app for Wurm would be legit.  An app that allows you to chat with others that are online without needing to login to the client.  Not sure if that would be possible for Wurm(not a coding guy), or even allowed by the developers, but it would be pretty cool.  It's something I've wanted for a very long time.

• Like 1

If you need IRC client, I recommend HexChat.

If you need voice comms, Team Speak 3 is a way to go.

• Like 2

See the thing with teamspeak is I don't know how to set up a server or nothing so my brother and I can chat and play or if it's even free for one and the public one there I don't wanna have to listen to awhile bunch of people 

23 minutes ago, Enill said:

See the thing with teamspeak is I don't know how to set up a server or nothing so my brother and I can chat and play or if it's even free for one and the public one there I don't wanna have to listen to awhile bunch of people 

Curse voice client.  It's super easy setup, no server necessary.

https://www.curse.com/

• Like 2

There are literally hundreds of thousands of public teamspeak servers to join and create your own channels on.

If that's not enough, you can check out GameServers.com, they do teamspeak server hosting for you, at a super cheap rate...

https://www.gameservers.com/teamspeak_servers/

Last time I checked Teamspeak it was free for up to 15 players.  I had set one up about a year ago and that was the case. 

Discord is also a good free option to use for voice comms

Enill, may suggest the following... my friends and I use C3 voice found here: http://www.downloadc3.com/forums/

I play LotRO and that MMO has it's own voice chat but it lags that MMO something fierce when used, so we tried out a Mumble server and a T3 server (but weren't very happy with either) and then we discovered C3. It doesn't seem to lag our game clients at all compared to Mumble and T3 and the sound quality is excellent. Easy to use and set up too for Players like my Wife and her girlfriend who aren't all tech savvy and aren't gamers by nature.

Edited by geode
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, geode said:

Players like my Wife and her girlfriend

Go on...

• Like 2

GroupMe is a web and phone based typing chat program.  It is free.

Gonna stand behind my suggestion.  These other programs mentioned aren't too bad, but Curse is still one of the best ones.  Extremely easy to use.

17 hours ago, vinius said:

Go on...

Girlfriend as in just a friend.

Discord or Curse voice are  the best out there atm.

Ive used mumble recently and it was easy to setup, had multiple levels of bandwidth usage and other intuitive features, and a very compact package for a client and server. its listed on the town hall page i forums.. as an alternative.. to text in game...

PS Its also open source and still updated regulary

Edited by Psalamon