Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 27/APR/16

• Bugfix – Changing the contents of the mailbox while sending will now abort the sending process.
  • Bugfix – Corrected double period text with ‘Get Info’ Skill.
  • Bugfix – You are no longer able to cast ‘Dirt’ on Bulk Storage Bins in your inventory.
  • Like 3

Bugfixes are always a welcome sight.

On topic of mail boxes - being able to send items with enemy in local should be a nono. plz fix/change

• Like 2

why?  That seems silly, to have things stop working because an enemy shows up?  If the enemy can't get to their target and gank them before they secure and protect their items, that is too bad.  Why not have guards stop working and locks open up too?

It can sometimes take several hours to get into a deed. And the mailing system was never intended to be a deed security feature in the first place.

• Like 4

Disable mail on Chaos completely.  If not, it might also be used to allow the attacking forces to set up a mailbox somewhat near the victims and magically send in whatever supplies they need.

7 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Disable mail on Chaos completely. 

doh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

why?  That seems silly, to have things stop working because an enemy shows up?  If the enemy can't get to their target and gank them before they secure and protect their items, that is too bad.  Why not have guards stop working and locks open up too?

Ya because using the mail to try and defend a deed and put up a fight by getting more loot onto the deed is the same as mailing out your gear and good items to prevent the enemy from getting them while trapped in your deed and them slowly pushing there way to you.  Because it totally takes a good hour+ to mail off your gear, oh never mind that's how long it takes to root some one out of every corner of a deed just to realize there naked and mailed of there gear my bad. #freedomlogic

Edited by Darklords

It was a widely supported change by every kingdom/group on pvp servers. But if it follows the route informer did we will only see this fix in 4-5 months, but atleast it will be in before all the other pvp fixes and if all goes well it might even come out with the bulk changes that's going to super advertised/marketed and going to resurrect pvp as they plan it, but only God knows when that's coming. Rolf is the only full time coder Code club has at the moment anyways. 

what I can't figure out with the pvp mechanics we have, is why anyone would ever consider joining an inferior kingdom on Chaos?  Isn't that like saying "here, take my stuff, I didn't want it anyway"

7 minutes ago, Frosty said:

what I can't figure out with the pvp mechanics we have, is why anyone would ever consider joining an inferior kingdom on Chaos?  Isn't that like saying "here, take my stuff, I didn't want it anyway"

after a while the computer mechanics and actions become droll and mundane.

sure I could play a game with no risk, but after a while I get real bored Real fast.

playing on a pvp server 9 times out of 10 doesn't mean you get WTFPwnedrapedface as soon as you step off the "safe area"

but there is always that off chance that as you are doing something somebody more equipped/better skilled/better tactics than you gets the upper hand and you lose.  but its not like you lost at life, you get another opportunity to fix the previous error and hope to overcome the current Foe.

Rather Exciting, actually!

• Like 1

Some people like being the underdogs, like a challenge, like to have to earn what's they want, other like you take the easy way out. Part of the fun in this game is working hard to achieve a goal, be it conquer all of chaos or hit 90 PAS or make your own drake set instead of buying one. MR took a while to get to the point they are in, wasn't to long ago they were losing hard and I remember all

the emo pep talks to keep people going. Can't take the credit away from them, but what's the fun in joining someone so far ahead of the competition what's your real goal ? Is it fun raiding a deed with 30ppl just because you can? Not for me. I rather have a challenge then have some one hand me it. That's why all the older MR can talk, because they were part of that struggle and kept going to get to where they are. All these new guys who joined after it had been dominating the server can't say much. As someone who has came from nothing in life to where I am now, I can tell you there's a lot more pleasure in hard fought well earned battle then just taking the easy way out. 

we went completely off topic here my bad. Back to topic: good fixes but what was the issue with dirt spell and bsb in inventory ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Sitting in a reinforced mine and mailing items in 10 seconds shouldn't be allowed if enemy are in your local.

We spent an hour bringing in supplies/cata/s breaking down walls, 30 minutes disintergrating reinforced tiles just to be welcomed by naked people.

Your sentence should be if the defence can't actually defend and the enemy break in then they shouldn't have a mechanic that let's them mail their items to saftey and should infact lose them. If the offense fails and we get killed/put into a bad spot, we ain't mailing items lol. I love how you're supporting such a broken mechanic, how many times you been raided this week to make you support. Do you play pvp servers? Gaurds stop working if you kill them. Locks open if you pick them. You can't stop somebody mailing items from a safe mine, only being in their local can stop that if this mechanic works.

Defend your deed and keep your items. Simple.

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Egard said:

Back to topic: good fixes but what was the issue with dirt spell and bsb in inventory ?

Reverse%2Bimage%2Bsearch%2B_4fcf27702317

1) A player can pick up a BSB in the inventory while its empty

2) casting the dirt spell on a bsb will always spawn dirt in it if there is space available in the bsb and the spell is sucessfull

3) A bsb can hold over 13000 kg of dirt.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Disable mail on Chaos completely.  If not, it might also be used to allow the attacking forces to set up a mailbox somewhat near the victims and magically send in whatever supplies they need.

great idea

Bugfix – You are no longer able to cast ‘Dirt’ on Bulk Storage Bins in your inventory.

Is it just me or are we now unable to cast "Dirt" on crates inside wagons and carts, too? Intended with that fix or side effect?

Sign in to follow this