Sign in to follow this  
Loaded

Digging speeds, Flattening/Leveling

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in creating a little mod for leveling/flattening speeds...

i really like terraforming but find that its odd that these speeds remain constant even with high level in digging..

at the current rate it seems to take action once about every 5 seconds... 
i was just thinking that maybe we could add some thresholds to allow people to do it faster at higher digging level

ie:
50 digging - 4 seconds
70 digging - 3 seconds
90 digging - 2 seconds

(possibly)100 digging - 1 second

something like this...
thanks

I thought the same thing, but I found this mod pack that fixes this and the same problem with all other action timers that don't change with the multiplier (praying/meditating). The only mod in the pack you need to install is the Action Timers Fix. 

Note that it doesn't actually do what the OP asks for.

It makes the timer use the multiplier in server settings, it still will not be affected by skills, shovel quality, enchants, etc. 

The level action seems slow by comparison to digging. If I dig a single corner of a tile, I can do it twice as fast as using the level action to bring a tile down to the same level as the others. Levelling up is far easier too because you can take as many dirt as you can carry and drop the lot in one action, the only difference is that you get SP for doing it with the level action.

I often manually level where I can for this reason.
Digging is a pretty pointless skill from my point of view, there seem to be no benefits from it apart from the ql of dirt you get and there are not many uses for good ql dirt apart from charcoal piles. As the OP said, there is no speed difference at higher skill levels or any other benefits for increasing the skill.