Sign in to follow this  
Delacroix

Regarding certain in-game drama relating to uniques:

EDIT: This thread has fully run its course, if a mod could please lock it. Thank you.

Ordinarily I wouldn't belittle myself by wasting my time addressing something like this, nor would I bother clogging up the forums with it, but the steady harassment that this is inviting has left me no choice. I'm posting this here in an effort to reach as many people as possible who would likely never see it otherwise if I were to leave it in the server forums.

Apr 22, 2016 8:10:35 PM  Delacroiy founded Next Dargon Drama

This person is not me, and I'm offended that anyone could think that a person who's too dumb to spell 'dragon' properly could even potentially be me. Fact of the matter is, "delacroiy" was made for the purpose of trolling and needs to be deleted, and the person(s) responsible needs to be held accountable. I do have a good idea of who's involved, but I don't intend on naming them until I'm certain.

Edited by Delacroix
  • Like 3

You're going to call for someone to be deleted for making an account name similar to you? I'd be flattered.

9 minutes ago, AlphaMaleAD said:

You're going to call for someone to be deleted for making an account name similar to you? I'd be flattered.

When it's clearly an alt only meant to inspire harassment and drama? Yes. At the very minimum it needs renamed, but that would be letting the party involved off far too easily.

34 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

Ordinarily I wouldn't belittle myself by wasting my time addressing something like this, nor would I bother clogging up the forums with it, but the steady harassment that this is inviting has left me no choice. I'm posting this here in an effort to reach as many people as possible who would likely never see it otherwise if I were to leave it in the server forums.

Apr 22, 2016 8:10:35 PM  Delacroiy founded Next Dargon Drama

This person is not me, and I'm offended that anyone could think that a person who's too dumb to spell 'dragon' properly could even potentially be me. Fact of the matter is, "delacroiy" was made for the purpose of trolling and needs to be deleted, and the person(s) responsible needs to be held accountable. I do have a good idea of who's involved, but I don't intend on naming them until I'm certain.

Chumps are a dime a dozen.  Don't let the trolls get you down mate.  If they're actively trying to get to you specifically then they must be jealous.  I have a few of my own "fans" and I just laugh at em. :)

14 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Chumps are a dime a dozen.  Don't let the trolls get you down mate.  If they're actively trying to get to you specifically then they must be jealous.  I have a few of my own "fans" and I just laugh at em. :)

That's usually my outlook as well, but there's been enough... simple-minded people falling for this that I didn't want to risk it spreading among people who simply might be out of the loop and listen to their 'friends.'

Normally I'd be flattered that they'd consider me worth wasting their time.

lol, this is about the silliest form of harassment I have seen. I doubt anyone will take it seriously. If you are worried just create a settlement and call it "Officiall Delacroix did not pen a dragon"

20 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

lol, this is about the silliest form of harassment I have seen. I doubt anyone will take it seriously. If you are worried just create a settlement and call it "Officiall Delacroix did not pen a dragon"

The fact that I'm fairly regularly getting legitimate harassment in-game because of it demonstrates that you're wrong. As far as wasting money on it goes, nah.

I'm surprised there isn't a derpruka or daikura.

Edited by Dairuka

Hehe stuff like this will always happen and u should just laugh about it.

I have close friends in this game who make characters with names like: lorenabanana and lorenasouthdakota

It's actually funny as ###### and I really can't be bothered lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

Merkelmontana 

Oh yeah even forgot about that one hahaha 

So in a nutshell delacroiy: dont worry be happy

iirc it's not permitted to name chars in order to harass others, try proving it though.

16 minutes ago, Daolin said:

iirc it's not permitted to name chars in order to harass others, try proving it though.

I want Alexgopen, Masonas and Atheas banned then please

I'm so angry about not getting my .005kg of drake hide that I think I just pooped a little. Time to spend real-life money to passive-aggressively vent my frustrations toward strangers on the Internet.

• Like 2

I would agree this is harassment, hopefully it will be looked into.

We have a bunch of toxic individuals who play Wurm who think this type of behavior is funny unfortunately, it's not really - it never was.

They only make themselves and there dragon group look worse and worse to the Wurm community each and every time.

• Like 1

Someone ban Revelationx please, he sounds too similar.

To be honest I'm sure I saw someone called the reverend as well, probably deserves a ban.

heck while we're at it, bye bye everyone that starts with an R.

Grow up, if you hadn't posted this I doubt anyone would have even noticed.

Resource.ashx?sn=Attention_Grabbing_Ways

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Revelation said:

Someone ban Revelationx please, he sounds too similar.

To be honest I'm sure I saw someone called the reverend as well, probably deserves a ban.

heck while we're at it, bye bye everyone that starts with an R.

Grow up, if you hadn't posted this I doubt anyone would have even noticed.

Resource.ashx?sn=Attention_Grabbing_Ways

Harassment is harassment mate.  It's easy to take a common word (Revelation) and add a letter and make it seem just fine--likely a coincidence of someone wanting a taken name.  However, when you take an uncommon word or name and add a letter to it it's less of a coincidence.  I don't know about you, but I've never seen the name Delacroix in a game before.  Any play on that seems obvious to me to be harassment.

Your context for the situation was extremely lacking.  Hopefully this cleared it up a bit.

I mean, I had my account 'PabloEscobar' changed because he was a real person and did naughty stuff many moons ago so I'm sure this can be reported to a GM for harassment. Didn't need to come to the forums tho unless GM's don't give a poop..

18 minutes ago, MetalDragon said:

I mean, I had my account 'PabloEscobar' changed because he was a real person and did naughty stuff many moons ago so I'm sure this can be reported to a GM for harassment. Didn't need to come to the forums tho unless GM's don't give a poop..

The point of coming to the forums is to try and curb these harassing tells that I've been receiving while waiting to see if anything will be done to asist me. I have the utmost faith that the GM team will assist me with this matter, but until then I would like people to know that I'm not a "whiny little *****," as one person so eloquently put it.

(And yes, the irony of this thread and that comment isn't lost on me, but I feel that this isn't so much whining as it is a PSA.)

Edited by Delacroix

On 4/25/2016 at 4:40 PM, Delacroix said:

EDIT: This thread has fully run its course, if a mod could please lock it. Thank you.

Click!